ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Red Dawn Remake--WTF? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260205)

J Diddy 06-05-2012 03:50 PM

Red Dawn Remake--WTF?

Just a simple redo with us vs. North Korea (originally China, but apparently China said no.)

Even better is it's featuring Josh from Josh and Drake.

Due 11-21-2012, it has no real trailers yet, but it does have a website.

www.reddawnmovienews.com

I think I'm going to be sick.

Frazod 06-05-2012 03:55 PM

Yeah, they can shove this turd. China would have made sense, but North Korea? Seriously? Maybe Red Dawn III will have us getting invaded by Somalia. LMAO

whoman69 06-05-2012 04:46 PM

all I can say is...ugh, utter fail

Cornstock 06-05-2012 05:03 PM

I heard they were working on this quite a while ago. It must have got caught up on something. Kind of ridiculous they picked North Korea. Didn't the original have Russia, China, and all of the other communist countries together invading? N Korea couldn't invade an ant hill.

SnakeXJones 06-05-2012 05:18 PM

Chris Hemsworth is the new Swayze... Even Stark said it

J Diddy 06-05-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornstock (Post 8660728)
I heard they were working on this quite a while ago. It must have got caught up on something. Kind of ridiculous they picked North Korea. Didn't the original have Russia, China, and all of the other communist countries together invading? N Korea couldn't invade an ant hill.

I'd seen something about a communist coalition, but don't know much about that. The prevailing theory that I've heard was of China and of nuclear weapons, but they haven't released much about it. I believe the movie is done as the site has viewings listed, but need some extra time to not make it look so ****ing gay.

Deberg_1990 06-05-2012 05:59 PM

Yea, this was one of the films made by MGM a few years ago and hasnt been released due to their legal problems.

If i remember right, the Original bad guy was China, but then they deciced against it and just CGI'd over everything and made them North Korean. Its most likely crap since its been complete so long and languished, but I guess Cabin in the Woods turned out pretty good and that was another lost MGM flick.

Deberg_1990 06-05-2012 06:02 PM

Hmmm...sounds like the delay might have helped since these actors are alot bigger stars now than when they filmed it:

The film stars Chris Hemsworth (Pre-Thor), Josh Peck (Post-Drake and Josh) and Josh Hutchinson (Pre-Hunger Games)

Valiant 06-05-2012 06:24 PM

China was an ally in the first one. Only remember that from the screaming chinaman comment.

Enemies were russia and cuba? Or some caribbean country.

Shit they should of done us vs. Most of the world scenario.

Even though most disagree, russia and china will be our biggestest allies as their economies keep developing.

Maybe if mexiccans got ahold of some alien weaponry we could have a more realistic movie then NK taking us over for a bit.

splatbass 06-05-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

North Korea has a standing army of over 1 million, with a reserve army of 7.7 million. They may not have the technology, but they have a hell of a lot more troops than we do.

whoman69 06-05-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Take that back, you bastard

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rld_Police.jpg

BillSelfsTrophycase 06-05-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8660963)
North Korea has a standing army of over 1 million, with a reserve army of 7.7 million. They may not have the technology, but they have a hell of a lot more troops than we do.

With absolutely zero means to get them here. Our airforce would have 95% of that invasion force dead before lunch

crispystl 06-05-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

We would annihilate them in the ocean.

crispystl 06-05-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillSelfsTrophycase (Post 8660983)
With absolutely zero means to get them here. Our airforce would have 95% of that invasion force dead before lunch

Damn beat me to it

notorious 06-05-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

No Navy, barely any air power.

Besides, if we counted up our "reserve army" in the US it would probably be around 40 million heavily armed citizens.