ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Hobbit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252015)

Gravedigger 07-28-2014 08:33 PM

If Peter Jackson would've done the Hobbit first, then maybe you'd all be saying this about the six LOTR movies. Just enjoy it, Jackson stretches out his movies, always has and always will.

RustShack 07-28-2014 08:57 PM

Yeah the Hobbit probably would have been better if it was made ten or so years ago. Damn you technology!

Deberg_1990 07-28-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10772729)
If Peter Jackson would've done the Hobbit first, then maybe you'd all be saying this about the six LOTR movies. Just enjoy it, Jackson stretches out his movies, always has and always will.

Actually no. His early movies were not bloated at all

Dead alive, heavenly creatures , frighteners, etc...,

Lzen 07-28-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

6?

InChiefsHeaven 07-29-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10772801)
6?

Must be thinking of Star Wars...

InChiefsHeaven 07-29-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Disagree. If he had done the Hobbit first, he probably would not have stretched it ridiculously into a 3 movie epic...you'd have had one really good movie, and then 3 good movies for the LOTR series. He just went apeshit on the Hobbit because of the technology and the fact that nowadays, you have to have a 3 movie epic thing rather than just tell a good story.

Bleh.

Tribal Warfare 08-02-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally, Jackson wanted to do a 2-part film but WB wanted a trilogy to milk that cash cow.

HolyHandgernade 08-03-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10773111)
Disagree. If he had done the Hobbit first, he probably would not have stretched it ridiculously into a 3 movie epic...you'd have had one really good movie, and then 3 good movies for the LOTR series. He just went apeshit on the Hobbit because of the technology and the fact that nowadays, you have to have a 3 movie epic thing rather than just tell a good story.

Bleh.

At Comic Con, Jackson revealed the original pitch was a stand alone Hobbit, and if it did well, a two movie Lord of the Rings. It was actually the producers that told Jackson he has a three part movie in LotR, he originally was going with the two movies.

I could care less. I love the movies. I prefer the extended editions on disc. I can understand why some don't, but I love seeing the interpretation of the works come to life and I'm glad they decided to open up the appendices. Did the first movie drag in parts? Yes. But, not so much that it really irks me.

InChiefsHeaven 08-04-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 10791902)
At Comic Con, Jackson revealed the original pitch was a stand alone Hobbit, and if it did well, a two movie Lord of the Rings. It was actually the producers that told Jackson he has a three part movie in LotR, he originally was going with the two movies.

I could care less. I love the movies. I prefer the extended editions on disc. I can understand why some don't, but I love seeing the interpretation of the works come to life and I'm glad they decided to open up the appendices. Did the first movie drag in parts? Yes. But, not so much that it really irks me.

So yesterday was a movie day for me and the wife, and we watched the Hobbit (1 and 2). I've decided that it's fine that that they go so far afly from the book. The purpose of these movies is to give background to the LOTR as well as tell the Hobbit story. So, I guess I can get on board. It's not as fun as LOTR, but these types of things rarely are. See Star Wars Prequels.

InChiefsHeaven 08-04-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10790807)
Originally, Jackson wanted to do a 2-part film but WB wanted a trilogy to milk that cash cow.

Ironic since it's 3 books, so a trilogy makes more sense anyway...

keg in kc 08-04-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10793220)
Ironic since it's 3 books, so a trilogy makes more sense anyway...

He was referring to the hobbit, not lotr.

InChiefsHeaven 08-04-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10793592)
He was referring to the hobbit, not lotr.

Oh, gotcha. Carry on...:huh: