ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Game Consoles Are Already Dead — And Developers Know It (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270721)

Fish 03-05-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9467297)
If you want the optimal gaming experience then yes it's true. While the optimal gaming experience on a console depends on the HDD in the console and the developers engine. Which doesn't cost you a damn thing other than space. Herp derp. Fail.

You're a n00b, therefore your opinion means shit.

Consoles ARE computers. They're just tucked in a neat little form factor. And their hardware can't be upgraded. You're overestimating a gaming rig build. I build them quite frequently. And for much less than your $800-1000 range.

kcxiv 03-05-2013 05:30 PM

After years of being addicted to Everquest and sitting At a computer desk. My PCM gaming days are over. My back will start screaming at me if I'm at a desk to long. I rather fire up a console and sit/lay down on a comfy couch. My PCM is for general use and a media center now.

****ing done with PC gaming

bowener 03-05-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9468142)
After years of being addicted to Everquest and sitting At a computer desk. My PCM gaming days are over. My back will start screaming at me if I'm at a desk to long. I rather fire up a console and sit/lay down on a comfy couch. My PCM is for general use and a media center now.

Why couldn't you just alter your PC arrangement to better suit your new issues? Maybe an ergonomic chair or a swinging arm for the monitor so you can lay down and have it in a good position?

hometeam 03-05-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

You know, you can configure a PC based game setup in any way imaginable right?

This includes being kicked back on your couch playing on your big screen with a wireless controller.

Setsuna 03-05-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9467768)
Consoles ARE computers. They're just tucked in a neat little form factor. And their hardware can't be upgraded. You're overestimating a gaming rig build. I build them quite frequently. And for much less than your $800-1000 range.

Yes that's true. But I am talking about the top tier, the high end of high end. But with a console they can't offer such a thing and gouge you with pricing. My point is, there is so much crap to build a gaming PC and so many types and competitors and prices to choose from. You could easily be fooled and waste money. With a console, what you see is what you get. You save more money is the bottom line and NO ONE can argue that.

KC_Lee 03-05-2013 08:06 PM

Anyone have thoughts on Valve's Steam Box?

QuikSsurfer 03-05-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9468816)
Yes that's true. But I am talking about the top tier, the high end of high end. But with a console they can't offer such a thing and gouge you with pricing. My point is, there is so much crap to build a gaming PC and so many types and competitors and prices to choose from. You could easily be fooled and waste money. With a console, what you see is what you get. You save more money is the bottom line and NO ONE can argue that.

Then that would be well over the price range you quoted.

Setsuna 03-05-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9468916)
Then that would be well over the price range you quoted.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Would it? Well dang then.

notorious 03-05-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9467742)
Hmm. Yeah, I'm researching now. I basically just want one simply for MS Flight Simulator.

not sure if it makes a difference in terms of the guts of the computer but I'll probably end up with 3 monitors eventually. BUt not to start out.

Damn, I just sold a full SimHawk simulator console with rudder pedals on Ebay last week.

Dayze 03-06-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9469030)
Damn, I just sold a full SimHawk simulator console with rudder pedals on Ebay last week.

You SOB.

::D

Imon Yourside 03-06-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, I try to stretch out about once an hour...it's not really great to sit in one place for hours at a time anyways.

BryanBusby 03-06-2013 02:13 AM

What a stupid article.

"Hurr people aren't developing for dead/about to be dead consoles. In conclusion, console games r ded"

Can't wait for this shit****s next article. "We polled some TV producers and none of them are anticipating they will be making programming for UPN. Broadcast television is dyin ya'll"

kcxiv 03-06-2013 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9468604)
You know, you can configure a PC based game setup in any way imaginable right?

This includes being kicked back on your couch playing on your big screen with a wireless controller.

Back then i couldnt really do that, one, HDTV's were not around, it was CTR's. then when they came around, they were really expensive.

Now days, i have no desire. I can play on an xbox and relax it. I dont care about super duper leet graphics. I also dont like FPS games. More action/adventure Sports and Fighting games.

ooh and the big kicker, i dont know anyone that games on a PC, no one.

007 03-06-2013 06:07 AM

Hell, I built a gaming PC and rarely ever use it. Matter of fact, it has actually become my DVR.

patteeu 03-06-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

You'll be playing Angry Birds, Plants v Zombies and other phone games exclusively soon, grandpa.