ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Murder or Castle Doctrine? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275863)

Psyko Tek 09-04-2013 10:28 PM

so you live along this lovely river spot, and assholes come along to party/****/piss on your property
get motion sensors that start playing the theme to Deliverance

Valiant 09-04-2013 10:58 PM

I do not think the sand bars are private property.

CrazyPhuD 09-05-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9939274)
so you live along this lovely river spot, and assholes come along to party/****/piss on your property
get motion sensors that start playing the theme to Deliverance

Meh just rig a system to dump a few pounds of baby ruths in the river whenever anyone floats bye.

007 09-05-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Crocker, a 59-year-old plastics plant worker with long hair and a thick goatee, lives in a small white frame home on a shaded gravel road about eight miles west of Steelville, the self-proclaimed floating capital of the world. Tens of thousands of people come to the region every year to raft, canoe or kayak down the Meramec and nearby rivers.
Quote:

On July 20, Dart, a carpenter, and around four dozen other members of an extended family gathered at a campground for their annual float trip along the Meramec. A few hours into the trip, Robert and Regina Burgess stopped their canoe on a gravel bar. Robert, who had drunk about three beers, decided to relieve himself, he testified at the preliminary hearing.
I love how the media try to paint the case.

I say this one ends with a hung jury.

Craqhead 09-05-2013 04:57 AM

from "A Summary or Missouri Water Laws"

Page 138 or PDF Page 152
Navigability

Of all instream water uses, navigation is the only one provided for and protected by the U.S. Constitution (the Commerce Clause). 17 All navigable
rivers are subject to public use for navigation. 18 The legal term for this is “navigational servitude.” Determination of navigability may be made several ways. 19 If a stream is navigable under federal determination, then the national government or the state government holds title to the streambed.

Page 142 or PDF Page 156
Boating and Recreation

The Missouri case of Elder v. Delcour, 269 S.W.2d 17 (1954) recognizes the public right of recreational navigation in all watercourses that have flow sufficient to float a recreational boat. 24 “Congress mandated that Missouri, ”wrote the court," like many Midwestern states created from federal territories, 25 must recognize free navigability by the public of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers, their tributaries, and portages between them.” This provision was derived from the Northwest Ordinance of 1787, art. IV, 1 Stat. 52 (1789)

I voted Murder.
The guy has a right to be pissed about boaters (Drunks) pissing on his property. Bringing a gun down to confront them wasn't the smartest thing.
Throwing rocks at a guy holding a gun wasn't smart. A round or two in a safe direction probably would of ended the rock throwing. IF it didn't and they continued to throw rocks. CALL the Police. IF the drunks follow you and continue to throw rocks. Dig more graves.

MOhillbilly 09-05-2013 08:31 AM

He killed that guy. Instead of a pistol invest in a JYD.

Radar Chief 09-05-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9939871)
He killed that guy. Instead of a pistol invest in a JYD.

:thumb:

MOhillbilly 09-05-2013 08:39 AM

Also when I think of Steelville MO I think of Archie Kehr Kelsos. He sold and fought that strain for 60+ years.

MOhillbilly 09-05-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9939885)
:thumb:

I'm serious. I'd assume this guy had lived at the same spot with the same bs for years.
A mean ass Cujo would have fixed his problem.

I cruised around lake arrowhead a while back and the amount of Cujo lookin hounds was astonishing.
I didn't think they had them type hounds to be hospitable.

Rausch 09-05-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9939896)

They don't make screaming-mad-Deliverance-rednecks-with-shotguns for hospitality either.

Sounds like a float trip got a little too beer-brave with a guy who was a little less than stable...

Radar Chief 09-05-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9939896)
I'm serious. I'd assume this guy had lived at the same spot with the same bs for years.
A mean ass Cujo would have fixed his problem.

I cruised around lake arrowhead a while back and the amount of Cujo lookin hounds was astonishing.

I’m with you.
This is exactly why you approach a farm house around here slowly and in the least aggressive manner possible. Because it’s guaranteed that there will be a pack of mostly feral dogs hanging around that will furiously guard their gravy train.
Jim and Resin Bowie were said to sleep with a pack of Catahoula’s at the foot of their bed. There’s a reason for that.

MOhillbilly 09-05-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9939941)
I’m with you.
This is exactly why you approach a farm house around here slowly and in the least aggressive manner possible. Because it’s guaranteed that there will be a pack of mostly feral dogs hanging around that will furiously guard their gravy train.
Jim and Resin Bowie were said to sleep with a pack of Catahoula’s at the foot of their bed. There’s a reason for that.

I prefer pitbulls and anitolians. But yeah one that's about half wolf suits me and will keep the looky loos on the road.
The other part of the problem is that city people have zero ****in clue how to operate in the country.
Mother****ers move out here and think they got it made.
What they got is more money and pride than logic.

tooge 09-05-2013 10:57 AM

Years ago (like 20 or so), when I was much more into the partying aspect of floating, we were snorkeling around a hole, looking for big fish. We were fishing too. We found probably 15-20 Milwaukees Best beers that someone had dumped when their canoe tipped. We picked them up and threw them in our trash bag. Several hours later, some college aged gals came by all hammered and out of beer. They asked us if we had any extra. Of course, being the gentlemen we were, we told them "you bet, show us your tits". They did, and we promptly handed over the warm MB that we had found earlier that day. Ahhh, the good old days.

Groves 09-05-2013 11:26 AM

Went to high school with the lawyer. Carry on.