ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Who's had their Gallbladder removed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264656)

bevischief 10-04-2012 05:11 PM

Who's had their Gallbladder removed?

I go see the surgeon tomorrow. It runs in the family. Good/bad I want to hear it all. I spent about 3 hours of testing last night to come up with this diagnosis.

Third Eye 10-04-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8977364)
I go see the surgeon tomorrow. It runs in the family. Good/bad I want to hear it all. I spent about 3 hours of testing last night to come up with this diagnosis.

Ha, almost made a thread like this yesterday. I have mine coming out on Monday morning.

qabbaan 10-04-2012 05:24 PM

Having the laparoscopic procedure? You'll probably go home the same day and be back at work in a couple of days.

meandean 10-04-2012 05:31 PM

I've not had one for 22 years

It's not bad, but you may want to change your diet. If you eat a lot of greasy food you'll be in the bathroom a lot.

Rausch 10-04-2012 05:43 PM

Wife had hers taken out.

Really greasy foods mess with her stomach (cramps, $#its, etc) but outside of that she's fine...

bevischief 10-04-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meandean (Post 8977409)
It's not bad, but you may want to change your diet. If you eat a lot of greasy food you'll be in the bathroom a lot.

I gave that up years ago along with sugar and caffeine. Don't have mom or grandma to the ask these questions, I weigh less now than I did in high school.

Deberg_1990 10-04-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8977394)
Having the laparoscopic procedure? You'll probably go home the same day and be back at work in a couple of days.

My wife had it done about 6 months ago. She was in and out in about 3 or 4 hors total. Rested up about a day or two and was back to normal. It's a pretty routine surgery.

bevischief 10-04-2012 06:01 PM

Just trying to get a idea if I decide to go that way.

Rausch 10-04-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8977453)
Just trying to get a idea if I decide to go that way.

It's not a dramatic change to your life.

stonedstooge 10-04-2012 06:04 PM

Make sure the x they put on you is not on your balls

memyselfI 10-04-2012 06:04 PM

Got mine out over ten years ago. Really greasy or rich foods kill me but that is the only difference. I don't particularly like either so it wasn't a big deal to give them up.

Ace Gunner 10-04-2012 06:11 PM

if they give you pain meds post op, make sure they give you a stool softener.

Mosbonian 10-04-2012 06:20 PM

Had mine taken out in 1999, in by 9 out by 2....like everyone says, stay away from greasy or rich foods unless you find yourself 10 seconds from a bathroom.

If you like eating greasy learn to run with your butt cheeks clenched.

pimpchief 10-04-2012 06:25 PM

Thinking about taking mine out myself.

Lex Luthor 10-04-2012 06:34 PM

You're lucky you had it diagnosed by your doctor.

I had emergency surgery last January to remove my gall bladder. Prior to that I had no symptoms to indicate that anything was wrong. As I was driving to work one day I suddenly had an intense pain in my stomach. I got to work and decided to turn around and go home. By the time I had driven two blocks the pain got so bad that I decided to head to the emergency room instead. By the time I parked the car and walked inside, I was in so much pain and distress that I thought I was going to die.

They put me in a wheelchair, gave me morphine, ran some tests, and told me that my gall bladder was gangrenous and that they were going to have to remove it immediately.

Worst day of my life.

The surgery itself was pretty minor with a quick recovery time. Some doctors tell you to change your diet. My doctor said it wasn't necessary. However, if I eat greasy food I have the same experience that others have described.

Again, you're lucky the doctor found it before it shut down completely.