ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***2012 NHL Offseason Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260753)

ChiefsCountry 12-06-2012 07:33 PM

Donald Fehr trying to kill NHL, he already wounded the hell out of MLB. Its shame the bastard is from Kansas City.

RUSH 12-06-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9186346)
NHL needs a break...last season was horrible and ever since the last lockout, the league has just gotten softer and more watered down. A canadian team will never hold up the cup again as long as NBC is covering the Stanley Cup Finals, an american team is always going to win it. It used to be such a better physical league, now I find it boring as hell.

Yeah, that's the reason why a Canadian team hasn't won :rolleyes:

It was the NHL's fault that a STACKED Canucks team choked away the series against an inferior Boston team.

The CBA and salary cap have actually helped the Canadian teams compete, but bad management has plagued all of them besides the Canucks.

Rugby Thompson 12-06-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9186366)
I thought there was plenty of good hockey last season, but as far as physical play is concerned, it's going down the same path as football, so I can see why that would turn off fans.

Sure, there was good exciting games. No denying that but it's hard to enjoy a league when they over analyze concussions and hitting more then the game itself, and it's sickening to see all the stars from my country ( Canada ) end up on teams like LA, Boston, San Jose when there's a plethora of solid canadian squads. Here in Toronto, there's not one player from this city or province (ontario) that's on the team, it's all americans and russians. It pisses me off, I just remember how the league was back in the 90s and early 2000s and it isn't the same at all. Frankly, I don't care if there's another season until they get this all figured out and get the NHL back to what it used to be.

Rugby Thompson 12-06-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9186393)
Yeah, that's the reason why a Canadian team hasn't won :rolleyes:

It was the NHL's fault that a STACKED Canucks team choked away the series against an inferior Boston team.

The CBA and salary cap have actually helped the Canadian teams compete, but bad management has plagued all of them besides the Canucks.

Clearly Boston was the better team, no denying that. Yeah they've helped them but it doesn't help in the long run, you really think NBC is going to broadcast two canadian teams playing eachother. Hell no, I even said it in the off season. If there is a season, Rangers are winning the cup.

Buck 12-06-2012 07:39 PM

Had Gronk. Picked up Dreesen. He did shit. Cut him this week and grabbed Pitta.

Other league I have Tamme. That drive sucked.

Buck 12-06-2012 07:41 PM

OOPS

Bearcat 12-06-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9186389)
Donald Fehr trying to kill NHL, he already wounded the hell out of MLB. Its shame the bastard is from Kansas City.

Bettman is the one killing the NHL. He has almost 2 decades on Fehr in that respect. The players got a good deal last time. The owners started negotiations with a completely ridiculous offer, used the lockout as a bargaining chip, then tried playing hardball a second time by giving the players "a last chance at an 82 game season" ...then when the players countered, the NHL shut them down and walked out.

I haven't paid much attention since then, and I'm sure Fehr's not helping, but Bettman and the owners completely ****ed it up months ago.

Stad 12-06-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9186394)
Sure, there was good exciting games. No denying that but it's hard to enjoy a league when they over analyze concussions and hitting more then the game itself, and it's sickening to see all the stars from my country ( Canada ) end up on teams like LA, Boston, San Jose when there's a plethora of solid canadian squads. Here in Toronto, there's not one player from this city or province (ontario) that's on the team, it's all americans and russians. It pisses me off, I just remember how the league was back in the 90s and early 2000s and it isn't the same at all. Frankly, I don't care if there's another season until they get this all figured out and get the NHL back to what it used to be.

There is like 12 Canadians on the Leafs lol.

I'm not sure why you even give a shit that some of the Canadian stars play on American teams.

GoChargers 12-06-2012 08:19 PM

Just kill the league and start a new one. Everyone in charge of the NHL is a colossal failure.

Rugby Thompson 12-06-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stadw0n306 (Post 9186517)
There is like 12 Canadians on the Leafs lol.

I'm not sure why you even give a shit that some of the Canadian stars play on American teams.

there's zero players from ontario on the leafs, i give a shit because the american teams just get better and the canadians get worse

-King- 12-06-2012 10:03 PM

Its funny how the league that could least afford an extended lockout is the one doing this.

DaFace 12-06-2012 10:09 PM

If you've got half an hour to burn, here's Bettman's press conference. I'll give him credit - he seems genuinely pissed and actually does a reasonable job of explaining why.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip822014#clip822014

|Zach| 12-06-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9186792)
If you've got half an hour to burn, here's Bettman's press conference. I'll give him credit - he seems genuinely pissed and actually does a reasonable job of explaining why.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip822014#clip822014

My knowledge of the NHL and the history of this process and relationship is very minimal but I sat down and watched that out of curiosity.

Bettman is pretty much universally disliked and there are probably good reasons for that but as someone ignorant to his past dealings he comes off as very sincere and its hard not to side with his perspective here.

NJChiefsFan 12-06-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9186883)
My knowledge of the NHL and the history of this process and relationship is very minimal but I sat down and watched that out of curiosity.

Bettman is pretty much universally disliked and there are probably good reasons for that but as someone ignorant to his past dealings he comes off as very sincere and its hard not to side with his perspective here.

Bettman is a piece of shit. You need to do a little bit more research on him I think.

|Zach| 12-06-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9186886)
Bettman is a piece of shit. You need to do a little bit more research on him I think.

Tell me more. What do you think he was offbase with in that video.