ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Warren Sapp on Dorsey and LJ (NFL.com chat) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207780)

DTLB58 05-16-2009 08:52 PM

Warren Sapp on Dorsey and LJ (NFL.com chat)

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/252

Kevin , Springfield MO 04:48 PM ET
Hey Warren, Was it hard for you to transition from a four man front in Tampa to a 3 man front in Oakland? Do you think Glenn Dorsey can do it in K.C.?

Warren Sapp, NFL Network
Glenn Dorsey's in trouble and so is Kansas City for trying to force him. Thank God I only had to do it for 16 games. It's not hard, it just takes away all the advantages you possess. Being fast, quick, agile in the 4-3. The 3-4 doesn't allow your talents to come out.

Joey, Kansas City, MO 05:30 PM ET
Your Opinion on Larry Johnson and how he will do this year and why??

Warren Sapp, NFL Network
I think if Larry Johnson takes in some good quality offseason work, I think he can get 1,700-1,800 yards and double-digit touchdowns. He's a nightmare to tackle.

I never really cared for much for Sapp while he was playing.

Some of the stuff he has said on NFLN since he has retired I agreed with, some of it I thought was way off base.

Not sure here if his comment about Dorsey is him thinking they are playing him at DT or DE???

Hammock Parties 05-16-2009 08:54 PM

Ooh, thanks for the LJ quote, Warren. Adding it to my file!

Mecca 05-16-2009 08:54 PM

In a 3-4 regardless end or tackle he's going to be asked to tie up blockers more so than penetrate into the backfield with quickness.

Direckshun 05-16-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5772142)
In a 3-4 regardless end or tackle he's going to be asked to tie up blockers more so than penetrate into the backfield with quickness.

Yeah 3-4 DEs never penetrate into the backfield with quickness.

shitgoose 05-16-2009 08:59 PM

I suppose its a good thing for opposing defenders that LJ prefers to run into a pile and fall down as opposed to being tackled.

Hammock Parties 05-16-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shitgoose (Post 5772151)
I suppose its a good thing for opposing defenders that LJ prefers to run into a pile and fall down as opposed to being tackled.

**** YOU

chiefzilla1501 05-16-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Agreed. I was really hoping Dorsey would get traded, but realistically given his contract, I don't think the Chiefs can. I agree with the move to a 3-4, but the unfortunate reality is that fitting Dorsey into it is like fitting a square peg in a round hole.

Mecca 05-16-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 5772149)
Yeah 3-4 DEs never penetrate into the backfield with quickness.

Are you being sarcastic with me like I think you are...if so point to me the team that uses it's 3-4 lineman to create pressure and not eat up the blockers.

Shaid 05-16-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

exactly.

oh, sorry...

This.

Just Passin' By 05-16-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5772167)
Are you being sarcastic with me like I think you are...if so point to me the team that uses it's 3-4 lineman to create pressure and not eat up the blockers.

Seymour has two 8 sack seasons.

Mr. Kotter 05-16-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLBRonaldCurryFan (Post 5772134)
http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/252

Kevin , Springfield MO 04:48 PM ET
Hey Warren, Was it hard for you to transition from a four man front in Tampa to a 3 man front in Oakland? Do you think Glenn Dorsey can do it in K.C.?

Warren Sapp, NFL Network
Glenn Dorsey's in trouble and so is Kansas City for trying to force him. Thank God I only had to do it for 16 games. It's not hard, it just takes away all the advantages you possess. Being fast, quick, agile in the 4-3. The 3-4 doesn't allow your talents to come out.

Joey, Kansas City, MO 05:30 PM ET
Your Opinion on Larry Johnson and how he will do this year and why??

Warren Sapp, NFL Network
I think if Larry Johnson takes in some good quality offseason work, I think he can get 1,700-1,800 yards and double-digit touchdowns. He's a nightmare to tackle.

I never really cared for much for Sapp while he was playing.

Some of the stuff he has said on NFLN since he has retired I agreed with, some of it I thought was way off base.

Not sure here if his comment about Dorsey is him thinking they are playing him at DT or DE???

I'd guess he's buying the "Dorsey at NT" BS....you are hearing. I'm not saying it won't happen---but he better put on 30 lbs or so, with no loss of his "skill set"....or this will be a short-lived experiment. At DE...with the other personnel we have, he could pull it off in a 3-4 IMHO. But there are plenty here, who think he's too short/too short of arms to play DE.

Guess we'll see in a couple of months. :hmmm:

Direckshun 05-16-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5772167)

I can show you a couple 3-4 teams that have DLmen who penetrate quite a bit.

Hammock Parties 05-16-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 5772190)
I'd guess he's buying the "Dorsey at NT" BS....you are hearing.

He's not. He's comparing himself to Dorsey. Sapp played 3-4 DE for a season in Oakland, and horribly sucked at it.

Mecca 05-16-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 5772189)
Seymour has two 8 sack seasons.

And who here thinks that Dorsey will ever sniff that? A 3-4 end getting sacks is a rarity, that's the simple point I was making.

OnTheWarpath15 05-16-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 5772191)
I can show you a couple 3-4 teams that have DLmen who penetrate quite a bit.

Well? We're waiting...

http://www.dcasali.com/images/filmnt...ales_frown.jpg

:D