ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The case for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270213)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9419497)
oh hell no

I'm thinking you owe me a proxy-BJ in light of Pollards new ring. In fact, I recall saying something to the effect that Pollard would get one before LJ ever did, yes...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 01:33 AM

lol..."the case for Foles" is hopefully made by Samsonite and tagged to land anywhere but KC...
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 02-21-2013 01:48 AM

I'm not going to read this shit.

Foles was a fourth rounder in his draft class that got bumped because the rest of the class got drafted early.

Great arm, no mobility and questionable decision making.

That's available in every single draft class.

**** trading a pick for that shit.

jspchief 02-21-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9421755)

Foles was a fourth rounder in his draft class that got bumped because the rest of the class got drafted early.

Agree. The guy was talked about in the first before his 2011 season and played his way into the 3rd round.

He'll never amount to shit in the NFL. **** no.

Messier 02-21-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9421755)

That's not how I'd describe Foles. Foles moves around quite well. He ran the same type offense that Smith runs, and had to show some mobility. Foles wasn't in the class of Luck, RGIII, or Wilson, but he played better and shows more promise than a number of 1st round picks in recent years. I don't know who will rise up out of the rookie class but of the eight or so top QBs everyone talks about, Foles is already better than over half of them will be.

Lex Luthor 02-21-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9421638)
Everyone that threatens they'll be done if this happens or they'll be done if that happens need to stop.

Just save a lot of time, and a lot of whiny posts, just be done now.

Also, there's no way any team gives a 1 for Foles. I like Foles, and if Kelly is demanding a 1st, he must too.

Kelly is just trying to drive up the price for Foles by saying that the Eagles would have to be "overwhelmed" with a trade offer to move him. I'm sure he doesn't think the Chiefs or any other team is actually that stupid.

AndChiefs 02-21-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9421899)
Kelly is just trying to drive up the price for Foles by saying that the Eagles would have to be "overwhelmed" with a trade offer to move him. I'm sure he doesn't think the Chiefs or any other team is actually that stupid.

Yep what do you expect him to say? "We'd probably just give him away but if somebody flips us a 7th we'd be ecstatic!"

Messier 02-21-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9421913)
Yep what do you expect him to say? "We'd probably just give him away but if somebody flips us a 7th we'd be ecstatic!"

I'd expect him to say we're open to a trade. But he said we don't want to trade him.

SAUTO 02-21-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9421674)
Trading a player for equal or better value would not be throwing him away.

If they get anything better than a late 3rd round for him, then they got more than what they spent on him.

But I don't expect you to get it.

any team that trades a qb when they dont have one is throwing that qb away.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9421919)
I'd expect him to say we're open to a trade. But he said we don't want to trade him.

This.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-21-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9421892)
That's not how I'd describe Foles. Foles moves around quite well. He ran the same type offense that Smith runs, and had to show some mobility. Foles wasn't in the class of Luck, RGIII, or Wilson, but he played better and shows more promise than a number of 1st round picks in recent years. I don't know who will rise up out of the rookie class but of the eight or so top QBs everyone talks about, Foles is already better than over half of them will be.

This post has Excederin written all over it...
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier 02-21-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9422171)
This post has Excederin written all over it...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry to hear that. I'm correct, however.

O.city 02-21-2013 10:19 AM

I really don't see Foles as being that much better of a prospect than Glennon. Big arm with at times subpar accuracy, but has talent to work with.

IIRC, Foles was an air raid guy in college and struggled with accuracy, which he seemed to do in Philly as well. However, it's extremely encouraging to see how he came along with Reid, in the fact that if we do take Geno, if he is a better prospect than Foles, what Reid can do with Geno.

Messier 02-21-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9422198)
I really don't see Foles as being that much better of a prospect than Glennon. Big arm with at times subpar accuracy, but has talent to work with.

IIRC, Foles was an air raid guy in college and struggled with accuracy, which he seemed to do in Philly as well. However, it's extremely encouraging to see how he came along with Reid, in the fact that if we do take Geno, if he is a better prospect than Foles, what Reid can do with Geno.

I agree. Geno is a better prospect than Foles, and wil most likely turn into a better pro with good coaching., but I think Foles, under Reid would be as good or better than most the QBs in this draft. I just don't want to give up a 1st or 2nd for him.

O.city 02-21-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9422228)
I agree. Geno is a better prospect than Foles, and wil most likely turn into a better pro with good coaching., but I think Foles, under Reid would be as good or better than most the QBs in this draft. I just don't want to give up a 1st or 2nd for him.

He might be. Not sure I see it, but it could happen.

My biggest thing with Foles is his accuracy problems. Thats not generally something you can teach and get that much better at. You can improve it, with technique etc, but to a certain point, either you have it or you don't.