ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink 50 Beers to Try Before You Die (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227168)

NewChief 04-24-2010 06:18 AM

50 Beers to Try Before You Die

Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

Reaper16 04-24-2010 06:30 AM

I've actually only had 37 of the beers on the list.

This is a weird list, too. Full of good choices. It was written, though, by someone who has completely ignored Midwestern (and Southeastern) beer.

NewChief 04-24-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6708586)

This is a weird list, too. Full of good choices. It was written, though, by someone who has completely ignored Midwestern (and Southeastern) beer.

True. No Boulevard at all is a crime. I've only had 9 of those beers. I was huge into beer in college when the whole microbrew craze went mainstream (1992-1996), but I've since given myself over to cheap beer and expensive whiskey/wine.

Reaper16 04-24-2010 03:28 PM

Bump.

Buck 04-24-2010 03:42 PM

Does someone want to send me a 6 pack of some Boulevard?

I've heard so much about it but never seen it available to purchase.

Reaper16 04-24-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6710526)

I'd definitely do a beer trade with you. PM me if you wanna'.

cabletech94 04-24-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6710526)

freeloader?

j/k man. i'm almost having too much fun with the tags!!!!
if I wasn't so cheap I'd send you 2 6 packs.

HonestChieffan 04-24-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6708589)
True. No Boulevard at all is a crime. I've only had 9 of those beers. I was huge into beer in college when the whole microbrew craze went mainstream (1992-1996), but I've since given myself over to cheap beer and expensive whiskey/wine.

Try Bernheim Bourbon. $40 range, smooth. excellent. Made from Wheat.

Buck 04-24-2010 04:22 PM

Damn, they dont have Pliny the Elder at Bevmo, which you guys probably don't have out there.

Check www.bevmo.com

They literally have 1,000s of different kinds of beers, wines, and liquors in their stores.

I'm going tonight I'm going to get a 4 pack of Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.

noa 04-24-2010 04:28 PM

That Dogfish Head 120 Minute will kick your ass and knock your sister up.

Buck 04-24-2010 05:20 PM

Sorry Reaper, they didn't have any of the Pliny the Elder at BevMo.

I ended up buying the Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (4pk), a 6pk of Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat, and I saw a bottle of something called Banana Bread Beer, so I decided I'd try it out.

BigChiefFan 04-24-2010 05:22 PM

After our 2nd round, I might need to try all 50 this evening.

Reaper16 04-24-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6710898)
Sorry Reaper, they didn't have any of the Pliny the Elder at BevMo.

I ended up buying the Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (4pk), a 6pk of Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat, and I saw a bottle of something called Banana Bread Beer, so I decided I'd try it out.

It'll be at every other liquor store and Whole Foods. Anyway, there's always something else I could have asked from you. Specific beers from AleSmith or Lost Abbey, for example.

Buck 04-24-2010 05:24 PM

They had a bunch of AleSmith stuff there. I'll check out wholefoods next time I'm there.

On this Oatmeal Stout, I'm assuming I shouldn't drink it completely chilled.

What do you think?

Fish 04-24-2010 05:25 PM

Buddy brought over some Pliny the Elder a few weeks ago. Very good ale. I had no idea it was hard to find though. I'll have to ask where he got it..

Reaper16 04-24-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6710910)
They had a bunch of AleSmith stuff there. I'll check out wholefoods next time I'm there.

On this Oatmeal Stout, I'm assuming I shouldn't drink it completely chilled.

What do you think?

Its fine out of the fridge. It will warm up in the glass. Stouts (not Imperial Stouts) are actually pretty light.

irishjayhawk 04-25-2010 04:31 PM

I've had quite a few on the list but not near 27. I picked up Hennepin and Dead Guy Ale for tonight.

Having said that, I was weary about Hennepin because of my apathy towards Three Philosophers. It was a big gulp of meh.

So, hopefully it lives up.

And Boulevard's Imperial Stout and Rye on Rye would probably be on my list.

Reaper16 04-25-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6713594)
I've had quite a few on the list but not near 27. I picked up Hennepin and Dead Guy Ale for tonight.

Having said that, I was weary about Hennepin because of my apathy towards Three Philosophers. It was a big gulp of meh.

So, hopefully it lives up.

And Boulevard's Imperial Stout and Rye on Rye would probably be on my list.

37. Don't short change me. :p

Zebedee DuBois 04-25-2010 04:58 PM

I can't really argue with anything on the list, although a couple that I've tasted didn't necessarily strike me as extraordinary.

I think the list is remiss in omitting Ayinger's Celebrator Double Bock. If there is a finer double bock out there, I look forward to tasting it.

prhom 04-25-2010 05:01 PM

I'm a little biased because I love them so much, but I think a list of 50 beers to try should include all the Belgian trappist beers. Especially if their going to include 9 different varieties of stout.

Reaper, that's impressive that you've had 37 of those. I usually try to get different beers whenever I can and I don't think I could even buy 37 of those beers at the store. I don't even think I could hit that at the Great American Beer Festival. Well done!

Reaper16 04-25-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 6713696)
I can't really argue with anything on the list, although a couple that I've tasted didn't necessarily strike me as extraordinary.

I think the list is remiss in omitting Ayinger's Celebrator Double Bock. If there is a finer double bock out there, I look forward to tasting it.

Celebrator is fantastic. I do like a couple other dopplebocks as much: Andechser Dopplebock Dunkel and Tucher Bajuvator Dopplebock.

irishjayhawk 04-25-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 6713706)
I'm a little biased because I love them so much, but I think a list of 50 beers to try should include all the Belgian trappist beers. Especially if their going to include 9 different varieties of stout.

Reaper, that's impressive that you've had 37 of those. I usually try to get different beers whenever I can and I don't think I could even buy 37 of those beers at the store. I don't even think I could hit that at the Great American Beer Festival. Well done!

Don't commend a law breaker.

NewChief 04-25-2010 06:46 PM

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout and the Nut Brown Ale were pretty much my beers of choice back in my good beer days. Love both of them. The Taddy Porter is good, too. Hell, all of their beers are good. The weird thing was when I went to England, I thought that I'd run into Samuel Smith on tap everywhere, but lots of people hadn't even heard of the beer.

chiefzilla1501 04-25-2010 06:51 PM

I know it's not outstanding, but I still swear by Fat Tire and am pissed that it doesn't seem to be available on the east coast.

irishjayhawk 04-25-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6714010)
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout and the Nut Brown Ale were pretty much my beers of choice back in my good beer days. Love both of them. The Taddy Porter is good, too. Hell, all of their beers are good. The weird thing was when I went to England, I thought that I'd run into Samuel Smith on tap everywhere, but lots of people hadn't even heard of the beer.

Better than going to England and asking the barman for thirty "Irish Car Bombs".

Unaware it might be, umm, tactless.

BigVE 04-25-2010 06:58 PM

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier
Cloudy, spicy, crisp, and tart, this might be the perfect wheat beer, and a summertime staple.

Tried this one for the first time a couple of weeks ago...LOVED it. It tasted great and had no bitter aftertaste like many of the German beers. Top notch beer.

KCwolf 04-25-2010 07:08 PM

Dead Guy Ale is fantastic. But Mac N' Jac's from Seattle is $$ - suprised it missed this list.

prhom 04-25-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6714028)
Better than going to England and asking the barman for thirty "Irish Car Bombs".

Unaware it might be, umm, tactless.

So I have to ask, what do they call them? Just so I don't make the same mistake!

Toadkiller 04-25-2010 08:04 PM

Bah, no abyss!

irishjayhawk 04-25-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 6714219)
So I have to ask, what do they call them? Just so I don't make the same mistake!

Unfortunately, I'm smarter than the person in question (read: it wasn't me) and didn't find out an answer to that question (which I asked).

Reaper16 04-25-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 6714223)
Bah, no abyss!

No list of 50 beers is going to be complete. I could make a list of 25-50 beers that I'd say are must-try for most beer styles, let alone a list that incorporates all beers.

Toadkiller 04-25-2010 10:49 PM

I just figured a beer that was at the top of BA and now at #4 would be on there. It is an amazing beer.

Over-Head 04-25-2010 10:51 PM

Didn't see
Keiths
http://www.keiths.ca/

or
Moosehead
http://www.moosehead.ca/

on the list :grr:

Ming the Merciless 04-26-2010 01:51 AM

For all of the stouts they have they do not have my favorite:

Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout (Barney Flats)

(On tap is best of course)

http://www.avbc.com/beers/barney-flats-oatmeal-stout/

Third Eye 04-26-2010 02:08 AM

This list reminds me that I need to pick up some Aventinus, it has been too long.

MichaelH 04-26-2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6708586)

I live in the Southeast and have to ask, what Southeast beer should be on that list? I've had a few and they are average compared to the other microbrewers. Maybe they will catch on eventually but it still is Bud and Coors around here.

crazycoffey 04-26-2010 05:08 AM

where's this one at?

XXXshogunXXX 04-26-2010 05:52 AM

Ommegang Hennepin
Redenbach Grand Cru
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale
Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone Old Guardian
Trumer Pils
AleSmith Speedway Stout
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Cantillon Iris
The Bruery Saison Rue
Port Brewing Shark Attack Red
Russian River Pliny the Elder
Russian River Valley Brewing Co. Beatification
Monk's Café Flemish Sour Ale

Ive had all these, probably some on the list ive had at a festival but was random

If I can remember, the ommengang, wasnt too good, not really a porter, not really a stout, just dark.

of all these, I think id go cantillon iris, too bad it goes for about $30 a bottle.
then maybe pliny the younger, the elder is a dime a dozen and shouldnt be on the list.

my favorite should be on here, oude guize

noa 04-26-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 6715030)
For all of the stouts they have they do not have my favorite:

Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout (Barney Flats)

(On tap is best of course)

http://www.avbc.com/beers/barney-flats-oatmeal-stout/

I agree 100%. They definitely should have included that.

Reaper16 04-26-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 6714842)
I just figured a beer that was at the top of BA and now at #4 would be on there. It is an amazing beer.

It should be on there, especially over average stuff like Dale's Pale Ale. I love The Abyss (though I may like Deschutes' other wax-capped dark beer, Black Butte XX/XXI even more).

Reaper16 04-26-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXshogunXXX (Post 6715110)
Ommegang Hennepin
Redenbach Grand Cru
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale
Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone Old Guardian
Trumer Pils
AleSmith Speedway Stout
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Cantillon Iris
The Bruery Saison Rue
Port Brewing Shark Attack Red
Russian River Pliny the Elder
Russian River Valley Brewing Co. Beatification
Monk's Café Flemish Sour Ale

Ive had all these, probably some on the list ive had at a festival but was random

If I can remember, the ommengang, wasnt too good, not really a porter, not really a stout, just dark.

of all these, I think id go cantillon iris, too bad it goes for about $30 a bottle.
then maybe pliny the younger, the elder is a dime a dozen and shouldnt be on the list.

my favorite should be on here, oude guize

Dime a dozen? **** that. Elder is a world-class beer. Best of the imperial IPA style that I've ever had (and I've had, like, all of them except for Pliny the Younger).

That Ommegang beer, Hennepin, is a farmhouse ale. A weird one too; it tries to be both a saison and a biere de garde at the same time. I don't really care for it.

I can get bottles of 2005 Cantillon Iris for around $13 here in KC. $30 seems crazy expensive to me.

NewChief 04-26-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6715437)
It should be on there, especially over average stuff like Dale's Pale Ale. I love The Abyss (though I may like Deschutes' other wax-capped dark beer, Black Butte XX/XXI even more).

Love me some Deschutes... though I've only had the stuff available in six packs. The Black Butte Porter is delicious.

Shag 04-26-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6710908)
It'll be at every other liquor store and Whole Foods. Anyway, there's always something else I could have asked from you. Specific beers from AleSmith or Lost Abbey, for example.

Is there a Pliny the Elder trade being orchestrated? I've been trying to get my hands on some of that for a long time. Would love to get in on a trade for that...

I picked up some Lost Abbey over the weekend when I was in the Chicago area for Dark Lord Day. I grabbed 750s of 10 Commandments and Inferno Ale - looking forward to trying them. We went a bit nuts in a Binny's and walked out with about $300 in beer, lol.

Simply Red 04-26-2010 02:00 PM

No thanks, I don't drink.

Reaper16 04-26-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6716298)
Is there a Pliny the Elder trade being orchestrated? I've been trying to get my hands on some of that for a long time. Would love to get in on a trade for that...

I picked up some Lost Abbey over the weekend when I was in the Chicago area for Dark Lord Day. I grabbed 750s of 10 Commandments and Inferno Ale - looking forward to trying them. We went a bit nuts in a Binny's and walked out with about $300 in beer, lol.

Buck was gonna' hook me up with some but he didn't find any at the one place he went to. Its OK though; I trade for Pliny all the time. I got 5 bottles in last week.

Which reminds me: I need to trade for a bottle of 2010 Dark Lord.

Shag 04-26-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6716314)
Buck was gonna' hook me up with some but he didn't find any at the one place he went to. Its OK though; I trade for Pliny all the time. I got 5 bottles in last week.

Which reminds me: I need to trade for a bottle of 2010 Dark Lord.

What'cha got? We got screwed on bottle quantity at DLD (which was SO poorly run), so I didn't end up with as much DL as I'd planned. Haven't decided if I want to give up any in a trade yet or not...

Simply Red 04-26-2010 02:17 PM

back when I drank, I really liked Bison Organic - belgian ale.

Reaper16 04-26-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6716335)
What'cha got? We got screwed on bottle quantity at DLD (which was SO poorly run), so I didn't end up with as much DL as I'd planned. Haven't decided if I want to give up any in a trade yet or not...

I'm not sure what I could offer you, actually. Minneapolis peeps are the hardest people for me, as a Kansas Citian, to trade with because we pretty much get the exact same distribution. Its the only reason that I haven't been able to trade for Surly Darkness before. All the bigs guns that I could pull out are available to MN.

The Franchise 04-26-2010 02:24 PM

Where's the Corona?

Reaper16 04-26-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6716375)
Where's the Corona?

I put it in the cooler along with the neg rep. Lemme' grab a couple for ya'.

Shag 04-26-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6715437)

Deschutes just started distributing in MN a few weeks ago, which is awesome. We're also getting Great Lakes and Odell starting in May. Excited to have some new brews from great breweries around...

irishjayhawk 04-26-2010 10:40 PM

Odell is meh.

Taco John 04-26-2010 11:18 PM

It's a crime that Rogue's Smoke Ale is not on this list.

Miles 04-26-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6717807)
Odell is meh.

Most of their stuff is fairly mainstream in style but I really like 5 Barrel as an alternative to Fat Tire. 90 Schilling and Levity are also solid beers.

Taco John 04-26-2010 11:22 PM

Also, Anchor Steam is bum piss, along with MOST Califonia brewed beers.

Miles 04-26-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 6717844)
It's a crime that Rogue's Smoke Ale is not on this list.

There are plenty that are missing but it's the same with any list like this. Such as, nothing from St. Bernardus?

At least these types of lists generate discussion and give me new names of beers to try.

Jenson71 04-26-2010 11:24 PM

I hardly ever drink beer, but I do plan on getting a bottle of Carlsberg beer next time I'm at Old Chicago. My dad went to the original plant where they make it in Copenhagan (maybe it's the only place they make it at, but I don't know) and he really liked it.

Taco John 04-26-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 6714020)
I know it's not outstanding, but I still swear by Fat Tire and am pissed that it doesn't seem to be available on the east coast.

Fat Tire is one of the most overrated beers I've ever come across. I thought it was unique and interesting when it first came out, but that wore off quickly. I'll drink it if someone brings it over, but I'm not a fan of New Belgian Company brews.

Taco John 04-26-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6717849)
There are plenty that are missing but it's the same with any list like this. Such as, nothing from St. Bernardus?

At least these types of lists generate discussion and give me new names of beers to try.

If you can get your hands on Widmer '10 (Pitch Black IPA), that is one fine damn beer.

http://www.widmer.com/images/w10_top.jpg

Miles 04-26-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 6717851)
I hardly ever drink beer, but I do plan on getting a bottle of Carlsberg beer next time I'm at Old Chicago. My dad went to the original plant where they make it in Copenhagan (maybe it's the only place they make it at, but I don't know) and he really liked it.

It is a solid, smoothing drinking Euro lager similar to Czechvar and Stella.

Miles 04-26-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 6717861)
If you can get your hands on Widmer '10 (Pitch Black IPA), that is one fine damn beer.

http://www.widmer.com/images/w10_top.jpg

I will keep an eye out for it. If they export to Colorado I might be able to find some. Love the Rouge stuff I have tried on my own and hovered around their stand at the Great American Beer Fest for a while.

Miles 04-26-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 6717859)
Fat Tire is one of the most overrated beers I've ever come across. I thought it was unique and interesting when it first came out, but that wore off quickly. I'll drink it if someone brings it over, but I'm not a fan of New Belgian Company brews.

Mostly agree there. It was one of the first micro ish beers to make it big nationally so it's reputation is inflated. I sometimes order one at bars but haven't bought any at the store in a long while.

I much prefer Abby and 1554 to Fat Tire from New Belgian. Their Mighty Arrow is also a solid beer.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-26-2010 11:38 PM

**** that list for not having the greatest beer of all time on it. Alaskan Amber.

http://beerandmicrobrews.com/alaskan-amber.jpg

irishjayhawk 04-26-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 6717847)

Blasphemy! Anchor Steam is delicious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6717873)
Mostly agree there. It was one of the first micro ish beers to make it big nationally so it's reputation is inflated. I sometimes order one at bars but haven't bought any at the store in a long while.

I much prefer Abby and 1554 to Fat Tire from New Belgian. Their Mighty Arrow is also a solid beer.

1554 is vastly superior to Fat Tire.

NewChief 04-27-2010 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6717807)
Odell is meh.

I like Odell's 90 Schilling, Isolation Ale and Bobby.

Shag 04-27-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6717849)

Agreed on St. Bernardus - they make fantastic beers. Abt 12 is one of my personal favorites of all time...

XXXshogunXXX 04-27-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 6717847)

no way, california has some of the best brewerys

russian river
pizza port
alesmith
ballast point
lost abbey
bear republic
alpine beer co
the bruery
and I guess.. stone

Reaper16 04-27-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXshogunXXX (Post 6718121)

russian river
pizza port
alesmith
ballast point
lost abbey
bear republic
alpine beer co
the bruery
and I guess.. stone

Yes. Exactly.

GTFO, Taco, if you really believe that most CA beer is "bum piss."

Shag 04-27-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXshogunXXX (Post 6718121)

russian river
pizza port
alesmith
ballast point
lost abbey
bear republic
alpine beer co
the bruery
and I guess.. stone

I think I just found my new supplier of CA beers... :D

irishjayhawk 04-27-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6718000)
I like Odell's 90 Schilling, Isolation Ale and Bobby.

Schilling was okay. I didn't get to try Isolation Ale but that clearly looked like their best one.

Levity was awful.

Toadkiller 04-27-2010 09:31 AM

My sister lives right near the bruery, that place is doing some amazing beers. And russian River is knocking shit out of the ball park, their stuff is innovative and great.

Simply Red 04-27-2010 10:15 AM

I can't believe nobody followed up on my superior suggestion of 'Bison Organic'

YOU ALL CAN STICK IT UP YOUR COLLECTIVE 'BEER TASTING' ASSES.

:eek:

Reaper16 04-27-2010 12:09 PM

So.. what's everybody's favorite beer styles?

Mine:
1.) Saison/Farmhouse Ale
2.) American IPA
3.) Imperial Stout (American & European)

phisherman 04-27-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6718766)

Mine:
1.) Saison/Farmhouse Ale
2.) American IPA

I love a good saison; probably my current favorite.

I really like American IPA too, but have been taking a break from there for a while. If I could get my hands on some Pliny the Elder, then perhaps I would break my abstention.

ModSocks 04-27-2010 12:49 PM

MGD & Corona lol.

Seriously though, i wish i had that acquired taste for beer, but i just dont. All of these names make me want to drink them. I dont like that strong Ale taste and prefer the taste of Corona over any department store beer.

Knowing that Corona w/ lime is my favorite, what would you recommend that I try that i may like?

Fish 04-27-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6718904)
MGD & Corona lol.

Seriously though, i wish i had that acquired taste for beer, but i just dont. All of these names make me want to drink them. I dont like that strong Ale taste and prefer the taste of Corona over any department store beer.

Knowing that Corona w/ lime is my favorite, what would you recommend that I try that i may like?

Cat urine.

Shag 04-27-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6718766)

Mine:
1.) Saison/Farmhouse Ale
2.) American IPA
3.) Imperial Stout (American & European)

Tough call...

- Belgian tripel/quad (I love just about any Belgian style)
- Oktoberfest
- Maibock
- American IPA

The only style I really dislike is Hefeweizen - taste like bandaids, lol.

ModSocks 04-27-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6718911)
Cat urine.

I knew that was coming. I was going to write, "no smart ass comments about my taste in beer" but i....**** it...I should've known...it's CP

Reaper16 04-27-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6718992)
I knew that was coming. I was going to write, "no smart ass comments about my taste in beer" but i....**** it...I should've known...it's CP

Honestly, there is no style of non-adjunct lager that I can recommend to someone who enjoys Corona. I suppose you could look into American Pale Wheat beers for their light, zippy citrus tones that play off of tangy wheat. In your area you can easily find: Sam Adams Summer Ale, Pyramid Hefeweizen, North Coast Blue Star Great American Wheat Beer, Anchor Summer Beer, Widmir Hefeweizen, among others.

Reaper16 04-27-2010 02:08 PM

I would like to post for you all the contents of my beer fridge & beer cellar. I am but a poor college student, so it isn't all that impressive. But still:
Beer Fridge:<o></o>
IPA/Imperial IPA:<o></o>
1x Mikkeller 1000 IBU<o></o>
1x Mikkeller Nelson Sauvin Single Hop IPA<o></o>
1x Stone Cali-Belgique IPA<o></o>
1x Russian River Pliny the Elder<o></o>
3x Oskar Blues GUBNA<o></o>
<o></o>
Strong Ale/Barleywine:<o></o>
1x 2010 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine<o></o>
1x 2010 Founders Nemesis (Wheatwine)<o></o>
1x Stone Sublimely-Self Righteous Ale (strong ale)<o></o>
<o></o>
Stout/Imperial Stout:<o></o>
1xBeer Here Dark Hops (hoppy stout)<o></o>
1x 2010 Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout<o></o>
3x Great Lakes Blackout Stout <o></o>
<o></o>
Belgian Styles:<o></o>
1x 2010 Boulevard [Smokestack Series Limited-Release] Bourbon Barrel Quad (quadruple)<o></o>
1x Boulevard [Smokestack Series Limited-Release] Collaboration No. 1 (Imperial Pilsner w/ Jon-Marie Rock of Orval monestary/brewery)<o></o>
1x Boulevard [Smokestack Series] Saison<o></o>
1x Boulevard [Smokestack Series] Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale (saison)<o></o>
1x Jolly Pumpkin Bam Noire (saison)<o></o>
1x Goose Island Sofie (saison)<o></o>
<o></o>
German Styles:<o></o>
2x Boulevard Boss Tom’s Golden Bock<o></o>
<o></o>
Beer Cellar:<o></o>
<o></o>
Imperial Stout:<o></o>
10x Boulevard [Smokestack Series] Dark Truth Stout<o></o>
2x Boulevard [Smokestack Series Limited-Release] Imperial Stout<o></o>
2x 2009 Deschutes The Abyss (imperial stout)<o></o>

1x Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout<o></o>
1x 2008 Schlafly Reserve Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout<o></o>
1x 2009 Oskar Blues Ten FIDY Imperial Stout<o></o>
2x 2010 Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout<o></o>
1x 2009 Founders Imperial Stout
1x 2008 Bell’s Expedition Stout<o></o>
1x 2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout<o></o>
<o></o><o></o>
Strong Ale/Barleywine:<o></o>
5x 2009 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine<o></o>
5x 2010 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine<o></o>
3x 2010 Founders Nemesis (wheatwine)<o></o>
1x Boulevard [Smokestack Series] Harvest Dance Wheatwine<o></o>
1x Boulevard [Smokestack Series Limited Release] Rye-on-Rye (ryewine)<o></o>
1x Hair of the Dog Fred (barleywine)<o></o>
1x 2009 Hair of the Dog Doggie Claws (barleywine)<o></o>
1x East End Brewing Gratitude (barleywine)<o></o>
5x Bell’s Batch 9000 Ale (strong ale)<o></o>
1x 2010 Stone Old Guardian Barleywine<o></o>
1x Port Old Viscosity (strong ale)<o></o>
<o></o>
Saison/Farmhouse Ale:<o></o>
5x 2009 Boulevard [Smokestack Series Limited Release] Saison-Brett<o></o>
1x New Glarus Imperial Saison<o></o>
1x Lost Abbey Red Barn Farmhouse Ale<o></o>
1x The Bruery Saison de Lente<o></o>
1x The Bruery Saison Rue<o></o>
1x Dupont Avec Les Bons Voeux<o></o>
2x Fantome Belgian Saison<o></o>
2x Fantome Saison D'Erezée - Hiver<o></o>
1x Fantome BBB Dark White<o></o>
<o></o>
Belgian styles:<o></o>
1x 2010 Boulevard [Smokestack Series Limited Release] Bourbon Barrel Quad<o></o>
1x Russian River Damnation (Belgian strong pale ale)<o></o>
<o></o>
Wild Ale/Sour Beer:<o></o>
1x Russian River Consecration (wild ale)<o></o>
1x Russian River Temptation (wild ale)<o></o>
1x Victory WildDevil (Belgian IPA w/ Brettonomyces)<o></o>
1x Goose Island Juliet (wild ale)<o></o>
<o></o>
Porter:<o></o>
1x 2009 Deschutes Black Butte XXI (imperial porter)<o></o>
1x 2009 Alaskan Smoked Porter<o></o>
1x Stone Vertical Epic 09.09.09 (Belgian imperial porter)<o></o>