ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do you get a flu shot? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268737)

Shogun 01-10-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9304267)
I think the weed is a good immune system booster or something. I didn't start smoking weed until about 4 years ago. The only time I've been ill (fever) in the last 4 years was when I moved to boston and went without weed for several months.

Before weed, I used to sick at least once a year with a fever or bronchitis, strep throat, tonsilitus, etc. At least once a year and that was when I never smoked weed.

I've never been sick when I smoke weed daily, not once. A common cold sometimes but it usually clears up within a day or 2 and never had a fever or anything like that.

There's something to it man...

Yep. Just colds here and there for me too. The green keeps you clean

Jenson71 01-10-2013 09:01 PM

I didn't get it in high school or college, but I've gotten it the past two years (actually, the nasal spray).

I think I may have gotten the flu as a kid a couple of times.

Munson 01-10-2013 09:02 PM

I hardly ever get sick. If I do, its just a minor cold that lasts a couple days.

I've never had a flu shot, and never will. I don't trust the shit they put in it.

Deberg_1990 01-10-2013 09:03 PM

No. Biggest scam of all times
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 09:05 PM

I hardly ever get sick. It's been going around here and everyone is getting nailed with it. So far, so good for me. As usual. Twice I've paid for a flu shot and both times I instaneously got sick with the flu for a week. I literally paid for the right. My body didn't fight off the live stream they injected and it got me sick as ****. No thanks. Never again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I'm a ****ing idiot. Fool me thrice, I'm a masochist. No thanks.

CrazyPhuD 01-10-2013 09:10 PM

Every year, and I generally don't get sick. Hell when I get sick it's usually because of alcohol. Frankly if I avoid getting sick once every 10-20 years because of it it's worth the cost. Worst case it's practice for my immune system training it what it should seek out and kill!

LOL just think of it as going to the gym for your immune system.

modocsot 01-10-2013 09:15 PM

For as long as I can remember, I never have. But, my 15 month old daughter was diagnosed as being allergic to eggs, so she couldn't be vaccinated from the flu. As such, everyone in the modocsot household got vaccinated to minimize being carriers and exposing my precious little trouble-maker to the flu... at least that's what her pediatrician suggested.

griZZly64 01-10-2013 09:22 PM

**** no.. I don't wear tampons either if that was your next question.

kcmaxwell 01-10-2013 09:22 PM

Have for years as a choice, now the healthcare org I work for makes it mandatory. Don't really dig that much but I like to eat, and have utilities and stuff...

Floridafan 01-10-2013 09:22 PM

The primary study linking Alzheimer's with the flu vaccine was conducted by Dr. Hugh Fudenberg, MD, an immunogeneticist and biologist with nearly 850 papers published in peer review journals. According to his findings, individuals who received "Five consecutive flu shots between 1970 and 1980 (the years studied), his/her chances of getting Alzheimer's disease is 10 times higher than if they had zero, one, or two shots."
In other words, an accumulation of Thimerosal in a person's system might increase her overall risk of Alzheimer's disease, said Dr. Fudenberg at an international vaccine conference, in Arlington, Virginia in 1997.
More questions on the safety of the vaccine's ingredient were raised in a study published by Dr. Boyd Haley in collaboration with researchers at the University of Calgary. Dr. Haley stated that "seven of the characteristic markers that we look for to distinguish Alzheimer's disease can be produced in normal brain tissues, or cultures of neurons, by the addition of extremely low levels of mercury." (See Resources)

Read more: Flu Shots & Alzheimer's Disease | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5409913_fl...#ixzz2HdLZbRjc

Iowanian 01-10-2013 09:23 PM

Usually do.

This year I didn't...got the flu.

Brock 01-10-2013 09:24 PM

yup

whoman69 01-10-2013 09:26 PM

Free flu shot from my company.

displacedinMN 01-10-2013 09:28 PM

I rarely get sick but I do get a flu shot because of my job .teachers are immune to almost anything but you cannot be too protected around some students

Cmd'r&Chief 01-10-2013 09:29 PM

Don't get the shot. Still don't get sick. I think if I started getting the flu shot, it would jack up my natural immunity.