ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do you get a flu shot? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268737)

007 01-11-2013 01:58 AM

nope

wazu 01-11-2013 01:58 AM

Screw that. I take my REAL flu like a MAN.

R8RFAN 01-11-2013 05:11 AM

Back in 1991 My wifes Grandmother took a flu shot and a few weeks later got Guillain-Barre syndrome and has been in a wheelchair ever since... I have taken a flu shot but not in many years

Phobia 01-11-2013 05:18 AM

I don't take a flu shot but it's mostly because I have an incredibly strong immune system, not because my tin-foil hat is too snug.

CoMoChief 01-11-2013 05:34 AM

The flu shot GIVES you the flu...it puts the virus in your system and then your body fights it off. So no...I've never gotten the flu shot...and to be honest I haven't had the flu in about 6-7 yrs.

PhillyChiefFan 01-11-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9304834)
The flu shot GIVES you the flu...it puts the virus in your system and then your body fights it off. So no...I've never gotten the flu shot...and to be honest I haven't had the flu in about 6-7 yrs.

Last time I got a flu shot was during college at KState...I got the flu 2 weeks later and laid in bed for 3 days.

okoye35chiefs 01-11-2013 06:46 AM

never had a flu shot and just got over the flu... 1st time I have ever gotten the flu... yes I live close to Boston...

bevischief 01-11-2013 07:26 AM

Hell no.
Go watch "The exploding Autoimmune Epidemic" by Dr Tent on Youtube.

Dartgod 01-11-2013 08:37 AM

Hell no. I don't do flu shots and I don't go to the doctors for antibiotics every time I get the sniffles.

It is my personal opinion that over-medicating weakens your immune system. I rarely get colds and if I do, they are minor compared to everyone else and I haven't had the flu since i don't know when.

phisherman 01-11-2013 08:46 AM

i exercise, eat right and wash my hands regularly. i get a cold about once a year but haven't gotten the flu since i was living in the dorms in college.

Kerberos 01-11-2013 09:02 AM

My chiropractor is a big proponent of holistic medicine and has the same concerns as some of you about the mercury and other things in the flu vaccine.

He is pretty kewl in the fact that he won't mention a thing unless you ask the question.

Well I asked the question.

He has a lot of insight into how they really started pushing the flu shots 20+ years ago for the elderly and since that time he says there is data to prove that in the last 10+ years things like dimentia have really attacked our seniors and that there is a correlation between the mercury and other things in the vaccine that could be catalyst to dimentia and other mental issues.

Not say he is right or wrong ....... but it does make one think about what our medical community is doing to us as a whole.

We have some of the greatest medical capabilities on the planet and yet we are one of the sickest people as a whole. We have health insurance that does not pay for health... it pays for sick. If it paid for health it would cover our gym memberships and pay for healthy foods and things that would keep us on top of our game. Yes my inusrance pays 100% for preventative care.... but just what does that cover?????? (I will have to go and look it up)

I really enjoy listening to this guy speak because usually he makes a lot of sense. And with my weekly chiropractic adjustments and 5 days a week at the gym I haven't felt this good in 20 years.

(BTW: Yes I got a flu shot before I talked to him. I may never get one again.)

ptlyon 01-11-2013 09:20 AM

The flu shot is a form of mind control in minor doses to dumb down society by the government so they can do whatever they want & blow smoke up our asses into believing what they do is good for us.

DON'T DO IT!

Canofbier 01-11-2013 09:30 AM

I'm not going to get into a long argument about the societal conspiracy against vaccines in this country, but I will say that it's silly to think that public health officials are pushing vaccines in some scheme to rip you off. That field pays like shit (I studied it in college in addition to my engineering degree), and you don't get into it unless you've got a personal interest in improving the general health of the country/world.

The evidence against vaccines in general is flimsy at best, at least for now. It's a subject that merits continued monitoring and research, sure, but the "movement" against vaccines isn't generally supported by reputable scientific research.

Oh, and I haven't gotten the flu shot in any of the last few years, but (like Phobia) it's because I have a pretty strong immune system and I don't tend to get sick often or for long. Vaccination against things like influenza is most important for kids and the elderly, less so for healthy adults.

jidar 01-11-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9305008)
Hell no. I don't do flu shots and I don't go to the doctors for antibiotics every time I get the sniffles.

It is my personal opinion that over-medicating weakens your immune system. I rarely get colds and if I do, they are minor compared to everyone else and I haven't had the flu since i don't know when.

Why would it weaken your immune system?

Dartgod 01-11-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar (Post 9305166)
Why would it weaken your immune system?

I'd rather let my body fight off nasty intruders on it's own than get outside help. I believe that makes my immune system stronger.

Again, this is my (probably misguided) opinion and not based on any fact.