ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you trade Flowers next year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277552)

RealSNR 10-17-2013 08:45 AM

I think we should free up some cap space by making Eric Fisher drink antifreeze

Mother****erJones 10-17-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10093150)
He's been dinged up a lot. This is the first year he's missed significant time.

Every NFL player gets dinged up. It's a collision sport.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-17-2013 08:59 AM

I love Flo.

That said, yes I would trade him for a 2nd next year...

He isn't getting any younger or faster and I feel he is constantly getting dinged up. A (high) 2nd would be a good deal.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-17-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10093298)
I think we should free up some cap space by making Eric Fisher drink antifreeze

The shitty, shitty, pick that will live in infamy. I think we should trade ALL of our picks every year in exchange for giving Dorsey first crack at the FA market.

Prison Bitch 10-17-2013 09:22 AM

He wouldn't garner a 2nd round pick in return. He's not that valuable.

O.city 10-17-2013 09:27 AM

He won't bring a 2. If he woudl, yeah, make the move.

I'm hoping he can be a really good slot CB.

Saul Good 10-17-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10093314)
Every NFL player gets dinged up. It's a collision sport.

This is true. If I have a chance to unload an undersized CB with mediocre speed whose dings have advanced to the point of injuries...particularly injuries to both legs...I take the second round pick and run.

Dorsey just picked up two stud CBs in the off-season. Flowers is a luxury at this point.

Prison Bitch 10-17-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10093387)
He won't bring a 2. If he woudl, yeah, make the move.

I'm hoping he can be a really good slot CB.

Getting a 2 plus shedding his contract? Dorsey would fall over laughing at such good fortune.

Mother****erJones 10-17-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10093390)
This is true. If I have a chance to unload an undersized CB with mediocre speed whose dings have advanced to the point of injuries...particularly injuries to both legs...I take the second round pick and run.

Dorsey just picked up two stud CBs in the off-season. Flowers is a luxury at this point.

He's fine. Well let cooper and smith deal with the big receivers. Not many receivers flowers has issues with. Hell the only reason Andre Johnson beat him in '10 was because he was pushing off with his elbow

BigCatDaddy 10-17-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10093390)

Don't you think he's pretty valuable in matching up with Denver?

ChiTown 10-17-2013 09:58 AM

If you could get a second round pick? Maybe, but that ain't happening. I'd keep him. He's a talented CB (not a shutdown corner, but not many are), and he's pretty damned good when healthy.

Saul Good 10-17-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10093432)
Don't you think he's pretty valuable in matching up with Denver?

Valuable? Absolutely...if he's healthy

More valuable than a second round pick that could be used to improve our offense plus his salary that could be used to sign/retain FAs? Not even close.

Saul Good 10-17-2013 10:02 AM

Name the slot corners in the NFL for whom you would trade a second round pick if we had one and Flowers had a career ending injury.

Shox 10-17-2013 10:05 AM

If this group of guys continue to play like this for the balance of the year and into to playoffs proving they are truly an elite D, which I think they will. You keep as many of the front line guys as you can.

No trade you can never have to many corners.

BigCatDaddy 10-17-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10093455)
Valuable? Absolutely...if he's healthy

More valuable than a second round pick that could be used to improve our offense plus his salary that could be used to sign/retain FAs? Not even close.

He's usually healthy and on the field for 14-16 games a year and he's only 27. He can play inside or outsidei The money could be valuable, but who knows what you get on a possible mid to late 2nd round pick. No thanks. You're talking a top 10 CB in the NFL.