ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Covitz:Tragedy clouds job fates for Crennel, Pioli (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267492)

Coogs 12-09-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9191135)
This team played with a focus last week that has been lacking since Todd Haley was fired.

That total lack of focus is on Romeo Crennel and the coaching staff.

Covitz assigns blame to the players for lack of execution, but the coaching staff has failed to hold these guys accountable.

I think they played well against Denver too. I've said all along I thought Cassel was the reason the whole team was not performing to the level they shoud have been... and I am sticking to it.

KCUnited 12-09-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9191140)
If Haley and Crennel both had their hands tied on coaching decisions by Pioli... which appears to be correct, then you really can't evaluate their true coaching abilities.

I'm not ready to give up on RAC just yet. I'll have my opinion after these last four games.

Outside of Pioli, RAC is demonstrating some of the same problems he had as HC in Cleveland.

TEX 12-09-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

If Haley and Crennel both had their hands tied on coaching decisions by Pioli... which appears to be correct, then you really can't evaluate their true coaching abilities.

I'm not ready to give up on RAC just yet. I'll have my opinion after these last four games.

Yes you can. RAC FAILED in Cleveland too. He picked Daboll as OC AGAIN. RAC is a good DC and NOT a good HC. Much like Wayde Phillips. When people show you who they are - believe them. He's shown you who he is...

Ace Gunner 12-09-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9191145)
I think they played well against Denver too. I've said all along I thought Cassel was the reason thee whole team was not performing to the level they shoud have been... and I am sticking to it.

The defense goes the way of DJ -- when he plays smart the defense looks decent, when he plays like an idiot, this team cant stop anyone from doing anything. The last two weeks have been DJ's best of his career. I think he has finally figured out how to play defense and how to play in this defense.

Reerun_KC 12-09-2012 10:47 AM

RAC should of never been hired as the HC... As atrocious as he is as a DC he is ****ing god awful as a HC...

I want nothing to do with this Defense or him as a HC....

Reerun_KC 12-09-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9191149)
Yes you can. RAC FAILED in Cleveland too. He picked Daboll as OC AGAIN. RAC is a good DC and NOT a good HC. Much like Wayde Phillips. When people show you who they are - believe them. He's shown you who he is...

This...

stonedstooge 12-09-2012 10:51 AM

Cheaps pre-game show beating the drum of keeping Crennel and Pisoli

BigMeatballDave 12-09-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9191155)
RAC should of never been hired as the HC... As atrocious as he is as a DC he is ****ing god awful as a HC...

I want nothing to do with this Defense or him as a HC....

Have :)

milkman 12-09-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

You can look at Crennel's performance this year and compare it to his time with Cleveland and see that this team has the same issues on the field as those Browns teams did.

He is simply a piss poor excuse for a head coach.

His teams struggle with with execution and discipline, and his game day decisions are hed scatchers, at best.

BigMeatballDave 12-09-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9191160)

**** those dickbags

the Talking Can 12-09-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9191083)
I know I am in the minority here, but I am anxious to see how these last 4 games play out... for Crennel and Quinn. Not for Pioli at all.

I am of the mindset that Pioli has been stripped of some of his power, and that Crennel is now able to play the players he wants to play.

And it may just be me, but I do believe this team is playing better. Not just last week against the Panthers, but the week before against the Broncos as well.

If Quinn continues to perform as he has the past two weeks, I really think we are going to win more games... hell, maybe all of them. And honestly, I am fine with that.

Cassel and Pioli, or Pioli and Cassel IMO are the two that have been holding this franchise back. Not Haley, and not Crennel.

Now if these last 4 games are the same shit fest we have had to watch the past couple of years, then yes, everyone must go.

besides being fat and stupid, what has RAC done to impress you?

and why would winning a couple of meaningless games at the end of a disaster season impress you?

Messier 12-09-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9191002)
What a mouth-breathing fool Shaun Smith is.

This isn't Romeo's first rodeo and he's making the same mistakes over, and over, and over. The guy sucks as a HC.

Smith will continue to deep throat him because Crennel is literally the only coach in the league who will give him a job.

Right. Which is why I don't fault Smith for sticking up for the one coach in the league that believes in him. Of course Smith is going to defend Crennel.

Messier 12-09-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9191160)

How? What possible case could they make?

mikey23545 12-09-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9191069)
One moment of trajedy does not excuse 4 years of failure.

Trajedy?

Oh the hoomanity!

Coogs 12-09-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9191176)
besides being fat and stupid, what has RAC done to impress you?

I didn't say I am impressed. He came out in support of Orton. He was squarely in Orton's corner... as were some players. Pioli squelched that.

Pioli has lost some power. I want to see what happens down the stretch. Nothing more.