ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Head Basketball Coach Search**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283091)

stonedstooge 04-18-2014 04:50 PM

****Official Mizzou Head Basketball Coach Search****

Thought I'd start a new one of these. The old one is infected with the Haith Aids plus it had the wrong number of astericks.

stonedstooge 04-18-2014 04:52 PM

Listened to Haith talk on 610 a couple of hours ago. He maintained the high road and didn't throw Alden under the bus like he could have. Alden wouldn't return his phone call last night apparently

Crush 04-18-2014 05:00 PM

I wouldn't return his phonecall either. The guy is a politician pretending to be a coach.

stonedstooge 04-18-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 10571788)
I wouldn't return his phonecall either. The guy is a politician pretending to be a coach.

Alden needs to be the Chief Politician though. It's a huge part of his job

DeezNutz 04-18-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 10571778)
Listened to Haith talk on 610 a couple of hours ago. He maintained the high road and didn't throw Alden under the bus like he could have. Alden wouldn't return his phone call last night apparently

Like he could have? How is that?

No one was trying to stop Haith's worthless ass from leaving in the slightest, and there's a very good reason for that. The only damning piece of evidence against Alden in all of this mess is that he hired that worthless piece of ****ing shit in the first place.

stonedstooge 04-18-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10571812)
Like he could have? How is that?

No one was trying to stop Haith's worthless ass from leaving in the slightest, and there's a very good reason for that. The only damning piece of evidence against Alden in all of this mess is that he hired that worthless piece of ****ing shit in the first place.

Hell if I was Alden I would have been encouraging to Haith. It took the heat right off of him. He should be thankful.

TribalElder 04-18-2014 05:22 PM

POOP ON THE SHEETS

the next hire will be under a microscope

I don't see how they could be worse than haith. That crook tricked you into believing a couple times to promptly shit the bed in the ncaa tourney

HonestChieffan 04-18-2014 05:26 PM

Bet they are beating down Aldens door….

DeezNutz 04-18-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 10571829)
Hell if I was Alden I would have been encouraging to Haith. It took the heat right off of him. He should be thankful.

Exactly right.

Firing a coach is also damning for an AD, so everyone directly benefited in this case. Haith saved his career for the time being, and Alden had some soon-to-be-serious heat removed from himself.

TambaBerry 04-18-2014 05:40 PM

You guys should definitely go with a young assistant.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-18-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 10571778)

That is complete horseshit. Alden said they spoke several times via the phone yesterday. That was Haith's excuse for the text message bitchout. He couldn't reach him via phone last night, so this morning he sends a text? Right. Dude's a ****ing coward--look at how he broke the news to his players.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-18-2014 08:39 PM

Check out the balls on this mu'****a: Gabe DeArmond @GabeDeArmond @MartinaFOX23: Haith: my family loved Columbia...I loved the fan base. But it took a job like Tulsa to leave” interesting

LMAO LMAO

CoMoChief 04-18-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10572202)
Check out the balls on this mu'****a: Gabe DeArmond @GabeDeArmond @MartinaFOX23: Haith: my family loved Columbia...I loved the fan base. But it took a job like Tulsa to leave” interesting

LMAO LMAO

:LOL:

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-18-2014 08:55 PM

FWIW, I guess J3 is staying regardless and Punter is still committed.

The Bad Guy 04-18-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10572151)
That is complete horseshit. Alden said they spoke several times via the phone yesterday. That was Haith's excuse for the text message bitchout. He couldn't reach him via phone last night, so this morning he sends a text? Right. Dude's a ****ing coward--look at how he broke the news to his players.

Haith might be the biggest scumbag in college basketball.

That's saying something.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-18-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10572264)
Haith might be the biggest scumbag in college basketball.

That's saying something.

He's a textbook sociopath.

siberian khatru 04-18-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

LMAO LMAO

The whole 610 interview is like that.

Valiant 04-18-2014 09:17 PM

Not a big MU fan nor college basketball. But would love to see them throw some money and get a great coach. Now that MU is in a great conference and away from KU I would love them to put their program on the map and stand out.

KcMizzou 04-18-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10572321)
Not a big MU fan nor college basketball. But would love to see them throw some money and get a great coach. Now that MU is in a great conference and away from KU I would love them to put their program on the map and stand out.

Mizzou really should be at least the 3rd or 4th best basketball program in the SEC.

You've got Kentucky, Florida... and then Mizzou in the mix with Arkansas and Tennessee.

ROYC75 04-18-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

LMAO LMAO

Poor Tulsa fans!

:shake:

KcMizzou 04-18-2014 09:40 PM

As Mellinger said, Haith got out before he got "got".

We've been worse every year since he got here.

He just got a raise and a 7 year contract. He got out while the gettin' was good.

If he'd been fired... good luck finding that next job.

ROYC75 04-18-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10572321)

ROFL

Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at the bold part.

Dude, they have been standing out on the book of irrelevancy for sometime.

TomBarndtsTwin 04-18-2014 10:07 PM

Duck!

Stanford just blocked another shot.

Don't worry . . . . it'll be football season soon enough . . .

KcMizzou 04-18-2014 10:10 PM

I don't understand the trolling. I don't think any Mizzou fan is unhappy that Haith chose to leave.

KcMizzou 04-18-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10572458)
Duck!

Stanford just blocked another shot.

Don't worry . . . . it'll be football season soon enough . . .

Yeah, that's what really matters.

TomBarndtsTwin 04-18-2014 10:15 PM

He's just mad cause basketball season is over and football season is just a few months away.

Soon, they'll be able to take center stage on the gridiron of "irrelevancy" in college athletics.

Sure-Oz 04-18-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10572151)

Haith ducked and dodged a lot in that interview ...he us a damn fool and coward

ROYC75 04-18-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10572467)
I don't understand the trolling. I don't think any Mizzou fan is unhappy that Haith chose to leave.

Haith leaving is the best thing that has happened to MU in a while, or least it will be until Alden hires again, then you just get to go back to being the same ole Tiggers as before. Alden is not going to bring a ringer in, just not his style, he's more of a dinger.

Sure-Oz 04-18-2014 10:20 PM

This troll job is hilarious ...we don't care

ROYC75 04-18-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10572481)
He's just mad cause basketball season is over and football season is just a few months away.

Soon, they'll be able to take center stage on the gridiron of "irrelevancy" in college athletics.

Heh, no argument out of me, I wanted a good hire when we hired Nebraska's golden boy. We still didn't get it with Charlie, he may get us to respectable one day, but it will take a while.

But the college athletics was a stretch, KU does do well in basketball, track and a few other sports, it's just that football sucks a lot.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-18-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10572501)
Heh, no argument out of me, I wanted a good hire when we hired Nebraska's golden boy. We still didn't get it with Charlie, he may get us to respectable one day, but it will take a while.

But the college athletics was a stretch, KU does do well in basketball, track and a few other sports, it's just that football sucks a lot.

There are two college sports. The rest might as well be club teams. KU is great in one and the worst major conference team (by far) in the other.

Pepe Silvia 04-18-2014 10:34 PM

Gentry Estes ?@GentryEstes247 4h

Four-star hoops prospect JaKeenan Gant reportedly leaning toward sticking with Mizzou despite Haith exit (VIP)

ROYC75 04-18-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10572513)
There are two college sports. The rest might as well be club teams. KU is great in one and the worst major conference team (by far) in the other.

We just have to have the belief that Jayhawk football will come around just like Tiger basketball will come around.

You can be proud of that MU tradition that hasn't won any National Championship in either of the 2 big sports while I will be proud of mine that has not only reached the championship games but have won them.

Good Luck with Alden finding a good BB coach and with Pinkel reaching for that elusive championship that MU is laboring after.

ROYC75 04-18-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10572525)
Gentry Estes ?@GentryEstes247 4h

Four-star hoops prospect JaKeenan Gant reportedly leaning toward sticking with Mizzou despite Haith exit (VIP)

Gant has a lot of upside, I would expect him to bolt unless a good hire is made.

Sad part, Alden is in charge.

Stanley Nickels 04-18-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10572535)
We just have to have the belief that Jayhawk football will come around just like Tiger basketball will come around.

You can be proud of that MU tradition that hasn't won any National Championship in either of the 2 big sports while I will be proud of mine that has not only reached the championship games but have won them.

Good Luck with Alden finding a good BB coach and with Pinkel reaching for that elusive championship that MU is laboring after.

Jayhawk football : Mizzou basketball :: Ryan Leaf : Dan Marino.

RustShack 04-19-2014 12:46 AM

Please hire Mike Brown.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2014 08:34 AM

http://www.columbiatribune.com/opinion/darkow_cartoons/

Prison Bitch 04-19-2014 10:26 AM

There's actually a thread on this?

SAUTO 04-19-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10572887)

It's dumb to do what you idiots do in these threads.
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy 04-19-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10572887)

Yeah...but it is actual ****ing news. Damn, you are a ****ing idiot.

TambaBerry 04-19-2014 10:47 AM

I wouldn't say ku is the worst football team in major conferences. They're close, but not the worst.

SAUTO 04-19-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingleberry (Post 10572938)
I wouldn't say ku is the worst football team in major conferences. They're close, but not the worst.

Why is anyone even taking about it here?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 04-19-2014 10:49 AM

And this is coming from someone who isn't even an mu fan...
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefs1 04-19-2014 10:53 AM

Think Marshall might be tempted?

Sure-Oz 04-19-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 10572954)

If Haith got fired next year I think he'd be more intrigued than this coming season with a really good team coming back. I highly doubt he'll consider it...but wishful thinking

Ceej 04-19-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 10572954)

Lol, no.

mnchiefsguy 04-19-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10572967)
Lol, no.

Depends on how much money Mizzou throws at him. Marshall has a very good gig going right now, so it has to be worth his while to make a switch. If Mizzou is making a serious offer with serious money, Marshall will seriously consider it.

Pablo 04-19-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

LMAO LMAO

Jesus.

LMAO

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10572967)
Lol, no.

Not according to some of the rumors that were circulating late Friday.

Hard to see it as too realistic, but Mizzou has the boosters to send a sizable Brinks truck to Wichita.

At some point, Marshall will leave, and I don't think it will be to a "Blue Blood" because it's difficult to see an opening at one of these in the near future, and Marshall risks his stock (and thus future earnings) declining.

Pablo 04-19-2014 11:21 AM

You'd just have to throw Blue Blood money at Marshall; and even then it's a reach. Not completely impossible, though.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 11:26 AM

Yes. It would have to be a minimum salary of $3M per, and even then he might likely pass.

Pablo 04-19-2014 11:27 AM

Good luck on the hunt. Whoever you get will be an upgrade.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 11:29 AM

Thanks. But I have zero doubt that Alden will find a way to **** this up impressively.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 11:31 AM

"Doc Sadler is a high-character coach who is also an excellent tactician..." /Alden at the introductory presser

Sure-Oz 04-19-2014 11:40 AM

Mike Aldens last hire?

Stanley Nickels 04-19-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10573018)
"Doc Sadler is a high-character coach who is also an excellent tactician..." /Alden at the introductory presser

If I even heard rumors of a hire like that, here's what I would do:
- Acquire press pass
- Go to grocery store, ask for rotten tomatoes from the produce department trash can
- Attend presser introducing rehashed, repeat failure as new MU basketball coach
- Take rotten tomatoes from bag, consider throwing them at Alden
- Set down tomatoes, take out apples I also bought at the store
- Condense the prussic acid from their seeds and purify its hydrogen cyanide
- Slip the cyanide in Alden's smug-ass water bottle
- Tell him I did this, and then punch him in the gut. Hard.

Pepe Silvia 04-19-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 10573138)
If I even heard rumors of a hire like that, here's what I would do:
- Acquire press pass
- Go to grocery store, ask for rotten tomatoes from the produce department trash can
- Attend presser introducing rehashed, repeat failure as new MU basketball coach
- Take rotten tomatoes from bag, consider throwing them at Alden
- Set down tomatoes, take out apples I also bought at the store
- Condense the prussic acid from their seeds and purify its hydrogen cyanide
- Slip the cyanide in Alden's smug-ass water bottle
- Tell him I did this, and then punch him in the gut. Hard.

That's a great plan. He should be beaten with a club mercilessly days on end for even considering that hire after what we just went through.

Ceej 04-19-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10572991)
Not according to some of the rumors that were circulating late Friday.

Hard to see it as too realistic, but Mizzou has the boosters to send a sizable Brinks truck to Wichita.

At some point, Marshall will leave, and I don't think it will be to a "Blue Blood" because it's difficult to see an opening at one of these in the near future, and Marshall risks his stock (and thus future earnings) declining.

I've heard rumors about GM to Tennessee.

I just don't see Marshall as a potential replacement is all.

Stanley Nickels 04-19-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10573654)

I thought it was Mick Cronin to Tennessee? Or Archie Miller to Tennessee?

Predarat 04-19-2014 06:07 PM

3 words. Hire. Randy. Smithson.

That is all.

Stanley Nickels 04-19-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10573765)
3 words. Hire. Randy. Smithson.

Who. Is. That.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10573654)

Women's BB > Men's BB at TN. No chance Marshall goes there.

Mizzou is more attractive than TN, but the former is still a ridiculous long-shot. He'd listen to the offer, but the offer would have to be north of 3 for it to have any merit.

Ceej 04-19-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10573861)
Women's BB > Men's BB at TN. No chance Marshall goes there.

Mizzou is more attractive than TN, but the former is still a ridiculous long-shot. He'd listen to the offer, but the offer would have to be north of 3 for it to have any merit.

I'm still pretty curious as to why we have yet to read any reports that Tenn. or Mizzou has called WSU.

Maybe they're already assuming he'd have no interest. I don't know.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10573865)
I'm still pretty curious as to why we have yet to read any reports that Tenn. or Mizzou has called WSU.

Maybe they're already assuming he'd have no interest. I don't know.

Because you'd never hear that report if Marshall says no.

Gottlieb was on the radio on Friday and said that the average fan would be shocked to learn the number of times an AD hears no before a hire happens. Used the example of the Haith hire at Mizzou. Before that announcement, there were "20 people who said no." Said that's just the nature of the beast.

Titty Meat 04-19-2014 07:41 PM

Its not like Haith was a good coach but its gotta be concerning that the last 2 coaches willingly left Mizzou.

htismaqe 04-19-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10573907)
Its not like Haith was a good coach but its gotta be concerning that the last 2 coaches willingly left Mizzou.

I didn't even know Haith left until I saw this thread just now. And then I read on ESPN he left for Tulsa...

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10573907)

Yeah, very concerning. The university went out of its way to retain Haith. Many ****s were given to try to prevent a mid-major power from "stealing" our HC.

It sucks so much shit to get paid $500K to see that pile of **** walk than to pay him $500K+ to go away next year.

I heard that Alden hated Christmas in April at his house. Very concerning stuff.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 07:45 PM

It's got to be concerning that Pilleenee took a cat on the field with him.

htismaqe 04-19-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10573891)
Because you'd never hear that report if Marshall says no.

Gottlieb was on the radio on Friday and said that the average fan would be shocked to learn the number of times an AD hears no before a hire happens. Used the example of the Haith hire at Mizzou. Before that announcement, there were "20 people who said no." Said that's just the nature of the beast.

Absolutely.

Part of that is because you always call a bunch of guys that are long shots.

Hypothetically speaking, if you're Mike Alden aren't you going to call Izzo, Calipari, and Self?

999,999 out of a million they're going to say no. But that 1 time, that's like hitting the lottery.

I know in corporate hiring, they do it all the time.

DeezNutz 04-19-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10573919)
Absolutely.

Part of that is because you always call a bunch of guys that are long shots.

Hypothetically speaking, if you're Mike Alden aren't you going to call Izzo, Calipari, and Self?

999,999 out of a million they're going to say no. But that 1 time, that's like hitting the lottery.

I know in corporate hiring, they do it all the time.

Absolutely. If Alden isn't making all of these calls, I hope that he's fired tomorrow.

There are certain candidates whom you must force to say no explicitly.

Titty Meat 04-19-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10573916)
Yeah, very concerning. The university went out of its way to retain Haith. Many ****s were given to try to prevent a mid-major power from "stealing" our HC.

It sucks so much shit to get paid $500K to see that pile of **** walk than to pay him $500K+ to go away next year.

I heard that Alden hated Christmas in April at his house. Very concerning stuff.

Programs without stability go far. Enjoy Matt Painter Mizzou fan.

Sure-Oz 04-19-2014 08:26 PM

@Dave_Matter: Missouri's coaching search will begin in earnest on Monday. Early stages at this point. Coaches have reached out to MU with interest

@Dave_Matter: Missouri concerned with finding coach who's "the right fit." Sounds like a cliche but MU has traits in mind. Midwestern appeal is important

Sure-Oz 04-19-2014 08:32 PM

@Dave_Matter: Winning back fans will be important in Missouri search. MU not taking attendance dip lightly.

GloryDayz 04-19-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10573978)
@Dave_Matter: Winning back fans will be important in Missouri search. MU not taking attendance dip lightly.

The front office of MIZZOU needs to understand that it's going to cost HUGE bucks to get this program back on track. They have to pay "shocking" coin to a coach who can attract/command good talent. Short of that, there's nothing this program/school has that will bring in a guy who can bring in the kids who can make this program relevant.

They need to be ready to write a check that pisses off the rest of college-nation... But if they do, a few years from now they could be awesome. In fact, it could be next year. College is, at best, a 4-year cycle, but the kids who can make a difference are there for a year, maybe two, so get the right guy and you could compete by next year and be a talked-about program (in good ways, not bad), in two.

Sure-Oz 04-19-2014 08:52 PM

Sounds like Haith got 1.3 mill per season not the 1.7-1.8 reported

GloryDayz 04-19-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10573994)
Sounds like Haith got 1.3 mill per season not the 1.7-1.8 reported

It's offensive to think he was paid at all... Even $0.01 was too much for what he did to the program...

It's going to take $3.5M to $4.5M a year to get somebody into MIZZOU to make a difference. Basically they have to suck dick on the best of the best and ask them how much it's going to take.

Remember, we're not just hiring a coach, we're hiring somebody who can convince the best kids in High School to come to MIZZOU instead of laugh at it.

Yeah, $4.5M to $5.5M!!

Short of that, pretty-much just cancel the program (like KU and KSU not having wrestling programs) and do more in other sports you're willing to do whatever it takes to compete in..

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2014 09:19 PM

I guaran****ingee that if Missouri hires someone like Archie Miller or Pitino the Lesser the fans will come back in droves. Hell, a competent mid-major coach with a system other than "roll the ball out with transients" or "Forty Minutes of Bull****" will be lavished with all of King Midas' Silver.

GloryDayz 04-19-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10574041)
I guaran****ingee that if Missouri hires someone like Archie Miller or Pitino the Lesser the fans will come back in droves. Hell, a competent mid-major coach with a system other than "roll the ball out with transients" or "Forty Minutes of Bull****" will be lavished with all of King Midas' Silver.

We'll see who whomever can recruit.

Stanley Nickels 04-19-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10574041)

Exactly. This is being made out to be a program-defining hire. That's simply not true UNLESS we hire a retread, another Frank Haith, or an extremely underwhelming mid- to low-major coach. There's a ton of support for Missouri Basketball; the poor attendance this year was far more a reflection of Fans faith in Haith than interest in the program. More than anything, we just want hope, and if that's an up-and-comer, fine. But Alden better hit on this one. All the pressure is on him, which is why I think it will be a big hire or he'll be gone. If it's not Marshall, I'd put good money on it being someone else we're very familiar with.

TribalElder 04-19-2014 09:45 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/19...-pressure.html

Don't know if Q

Alden and Kim Anderson hopefully don't get along

I expect another who the **** is that hire coming lolz