ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reiter: Chiefs, fans hate each other... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264791)

DaWolf 10-07-2012 09:01 PM

Reiter: Chiefs, fans hate each other...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/k...esponds-100712

Some strong comments...

Quote:

There was more, a lot more, and it boiled down to this: Winston was embarrassed by Chiefs fans. He was sickened by them. He wanted no part of them just as virulently as they seem to want no part of him and his teammates.
Quote:

What a jarring change. What a sign of just how wide the gulf has grown under the stewardship of co-owner, CEO and chairman Clark Hunt and his hand-picked general manager, Scott Pioli, between a once-beloved team and its once-celebrated fans

How to pass out the blame? Is it, in part, because Clark Hunt seems as distant from this team as his dad seemed connected to it? Because where Lamar walked Arrowhead with a folksy connectedness and everyman-look, Clark travels with a personal assistant who seems to be trying too hard to play a character from the movie Wall Street? Because Pioli’s ego — the one that seems to have kept his $55-million quarterback in the driver’s seat even as he drove it toward this divide — is as bad for reaching fans as it has been at winning football games? Because two decades is too long for anyone to wait for a playoff win? Because we take sports much, much too seriously? Because sports, as much as anything, becomes one of our primary means of escapes in tough times and an unhealthy fixation when historically-difficult economic times descend?
Quote:

Is that what we see in Winston’s rant, the fans’ bloodlust for one of their own and the unlikability and underperformance of the key people who have pushed us to this point? Have we seen an irrevocable change to the special bond between the Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City?

memyselfI 10-07-2012 09:07 PM

Nailed it.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-07-2012 09:08 PM

Boom.

RealSNR 10-07-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8990328)
Nailed it.

Your mother?

notorious 10-07-2012 09:10 PM

Pioli has caused this. He has basically given us the finger and told us that we are idiots by keeping Cassel out there. Do you expect us to keep patting our franchise on the back for shitting on our face?

I support the players and the team. They have been put in a horrible position. My beef is with Management.

He can go to hell.

RealSNR 10-07-2012 09:11 PM

Pioli put Cassel in that position. No one else. If he cares about Casshole like a ****ing son, he should have benched him when the fans were getting too rowdy. Or when, oh, I don't know... he became Captain Interception.

No excuses here. Cassel should have been benched, and he wasn't. When you place that kind of shit on a fanbase desperate to break out of the cycle of mediocrity, shit like this will happen.

**** Cassel. **** Pioli. **** Hunt. **** Reiter. **** Winston.

Anybody I'm missing?

Coogs 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

I really think most Chiefs fans love this team and it players. Exceptions being Cassel and Pioli. Winston may have skated out onto thin ice with those two fellas as well.

RealSNR 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8990340)
Pioli has caused this. He has basically given us the finger and told us that we are idiots by keeping Cassel out there. Do you expect us to keep patting our franchise on the back for shitting on our face?

I support the players and the team. They have been put in a horrible position. My beef is with Management.

He can go to hell.

Great minds?

Iowanian 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 8990328)
Nailed it.

You've essentially been absent for years, with the exception of when this team is getting it's ass kicked.

You're still the same pathetic, scab of a raider fan you've always been.

Winston hasn't been in Kansas City long enough to see his first snow, he doesn't speak for this team and he sure as hell doesn't know shit about this fan base.

Winston, Piss off.

notorious 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8990345)
Pioli put Cassel in that position. No one else. If he cares about Casshole like a ****ing son, he should have benched him when the fans were getting too rowdy. Or when, oh, I don't know... he became Captain Interception.

No excuses here. Cassel should have been benched, and he wasn't. When you place that kind of shit on a fanbase desperate to break out of the cycle of mediocrity, shit like this will happen.

Anybody I'm missing?

Ya, **** Breast Cancer.

lewdog 10-07-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Anybody I'm missing?

MemyselfI????

stonedstooge 10-07-2012 09:13 PM

I'll take George's word over this Reiter fellow. This is just Pisoli trying to "prove" he's in charge

ChiefsCountry 10-07-2012 09:14 PM

Basically an egoistic bastard from New England has turned the heartland on our beloved team. **** Pioli, sooner he is gone the better.

Pablo 10-07-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Anybody I'm missing?

**** Romeo.

Simply Red 10-07-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8990335)
Your mother?

this