ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Big Bang Theory (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174392)

Scott Pilgrim 10-26-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10124702)
Really? Have you watched "Two Broke Girls"?

You right... I haven't given enough bad TV a chance I will edit it to "one of" the worse shows on TV

splatbass 10-26-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim (Post 10124727)
You right... I haven't given enough bad TV a chance I will edit it to "one of" the worse shows on TV

I'm guessing you just don't like sitcoms.

Lex Luthor 10-26-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim (Post 10124696)
This is really one of the worst show on television

LOL. You posted a single short sentence, then you edited it, and you still can't get the grammar correct. It's not surprising that you don't get Big Bang Theory. It's WAY over your head.

Scott Pilgrim 10-26-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10124739)
I'm guessing you just don't like sitcoms.

I can get behind some sitcoms... Community is one of my favorite shows on television. for some reason I have always liked How I met your mother even though it got old after awhile. but I cant deal with this show. Its more then likely not worse than most things on TV I just cant stand how it misrepresents nerd culture.

splatbass 10-26-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim (Post 10124758)
I can get behind some sitcoms... Community is one of my favorite shows on television. for some reason I have always liked How I met your mother even though it got old after awhile. but I cant deal with this show. Its more then likely not worse than most things on TV I just cant stand how it misrepresents nerd culture.

It is way better, way funnier, and way smarter than either of those shows.

Did you hate science in school? Just asking. Maybe the science in the show turns you off.

Mosbonian 10-26-2013 12:46 PM

LOL.....makes you chuckle to hear that people are arguing over whether or not they like a show because of the "canned laughter".

But then again, there are shows that people find hilarious I find idiotic and banal and can't figure out why people watch them.

It's all in your personal taste.

Jamie 10-26-2013 01:37 PM

The Big Bang Theory is not a smart show. It's a dumb relationship comedy wearing thick glasses and a pocket protector. The jokes sometimes reference science and geek culture, but rarely in a way that requires you to understand the reference to get the joke (and if you do need to get the reference they explain it).

Chiefspants 10-26-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 10123834)
They don't use a canned audience. I toured their studio and that was something they were awful proud of. They have several mics over the crowd and the sound guys can zone in one one section over another if they like someone's laugh and such.

That was 1.5 years ago though so things may have changed between then and now.

I read an article that said they added canned laughter in post-production. I saw no reason to question its validity at the time.

unlurking 10-26-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10124884)
The Big Bang Theory is not a smart show. It's a dumb relationship comedy wearing thick glasses and a pocket protector. The jokes sometimes reference science and geek culture, but rarely in a way that requires you to understand the reference to get the joke (and if you do need to get the reference they explain it).

This.

I like BBT, but it is not a "science" show.

ragedogg69 10-26-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10124773)
way smarter than either of those shows.

whoa, pump the brakes there. First two seasons, you may have an argument.

Pablo 10-26-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10124773)
It is way better, way funnier, and way smarter than either of those shows.

Did you hate science in school? Just asking. Maybe the science in the show turns you off.

LMAO

Do Big Bang Theory viewers really view this as some sort of smart, edgy show?

Pablo 10-26-2013 03:02 PM

Although I will say it's much, much better than Two Broke Girls. Whoever brought that show up deserves an eye-stabbing.

My wife watched TBBT and TBG regularly. I can at least tolerate listening to TBBT in the background. Two Broke Girls is an abortion having an abortion.

ragedogg69 10-26-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10125009)
Two Broke Girls is an abortion having an abortion.

agreed.

listopencil 10-26-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10124227)

That was horrible. Painful even. Is this typical of what the show is now?

splatbass 10-26-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10124884)

It is very popular among actual scientists.