ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls MMO Announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259190)

Sandy Vagina 09-07-2013 04:31 PM

Not a fan of MMOs anyway, but I will get this one and enjoy the single player. I played so many hours of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I expect this one to be as or more amazing and deep. PBJ

Bump 09-10-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9947782)
Got to play this for a couple hours yesterday for a beta stress test. Still needs some touching up but it was ****ing great. Still don't think Im going to buy it though, I cant get myself to pay $60 for a game then have to pay $15/month just to play the damn thing.

$60 for game
$15/mo
Plus a cash shop

sorry, but triple dipping breaks the chip.

kaplin42 09-11-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9961178)
$60 for game
$15/mo
Plus a cash shop

Meh, the price of the game, plus the monthly fee is MMO standard. The cash shop is what gets me. As long as it doesn't offer any real benefit, i.e. NOT "pay to win" but offers fluff stuff like different mount models that don't exceed the speed of your current fastest mount, then I don't really care. It provides variety and people will buy that stuff up like crazy letting the company earn extra money.

When the cash shop = "pay to win" then I'm all out. Takes the fun right out of the game.

Imon Yourside 09-11-2013 10:53 AM

Why would I pay full price of the game plus $15/month? Never seen a reason to do that and this won't suck me in either.

Mr. Laz 09-11-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

$60 for game
$15/mo
Plus a cash shop

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9962796)
Why would I pay full price of the game plus $15/month? Never seen a reason to do that and this won't suck me in either.

you should be happy and glad to pay extra for a good game /Pants /Kegs

kaplin42 09-11-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9962796)

Not that I'm going to convince you otherwise, but try to think of it this way. An MMO is not like other video games. It never, ever ends, there is always something new to do, levels to achieve, items to earn or craft. MMO's are the ultimate pellet maze, getting one pellet, makes you want to run the maze to get more and more.

Unlike games like say Madden where the main game is released, and then there is a few patches, and maybe some DLC (Which you pay for), MMO's are never that finite, and they are an amazing, if not all consuming form of entertainment. There is always someone patching, updating and adding new content.

How much do you pay for cable or satellite? $60 - $150 depending on the channels you get and what not? But let's take the low end of that $60 a month. That $2.00 a day for unlimited entertainment. An MMO is $15 a month or $.50 and day for unlimited entertainment that is engaging, challenging and social, as opposed to staring blankly at a box.

keg in kc 09-11-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9962932)

What?

loochy 09-11-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

$60 for game
$15/mo
Plus a cash shop

hey man! long time no see!

Imon Yourside 09-11-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9963208)
Not that I'm going to convince you otherwise, but try to think of it this way. An MMO is not like other video games. It never, ever ends, there is always something new to do, levels to achieve, items to earn or craft. MMO's are the ultimate pellet maze, getting one pellet, makes you want to run the maze to get more and more.

Unlike games like say Madden where the main game is released, and then there is a few patches, and maybe some DLC (Which you pay for), MMO's are never that finite, and they are an amazing, if not all consuming form of entertainment. There is always someone patching, updating and adding new content.

How much do you pay for cable or satellite? $60 - $150 depending on the channels you get and what not? But let's take the low end of that $60 a month. That $2.00 a day for unlimited entertainment. An MMO is $15 a month or $.50 and day for unlimited entertainment that is engaging, challenging and social, as opposed to staring blankly at a box.

I get what you're saying I really do, i'm playing Warframe right now and it does all that better than any other game i've played including WOW on private servers and guess what it is COMPLETELY FREE.

Pants 09-11-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9962932)

For the amount of entertainment one can get from a good MMO, $15/month is pretty much free.

I pay that much money to go see a 2 hour movie in IMAX 3D. I can very easily justify paying $15 for 100 hours of solid entertainment. That's what, 15 cents an hour? Ya, like I said... free.

whoman69 09-12-2013 07:21 AM

I'm with the anti paying more crowd. Just because it never ends does not mean you won't get bored with it just as quickly. Additionally after I'm bored with a game I will usually come back to it later. You do that with an MMO you have to start from square one.

kaplin42 09-12-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9963377)
I get what you're saying I really do, i'm playing Warframe right now and it does all that better than any other game i've played including WOW on private servers and guess what it is COMPLETELY FREE.

You're right there are tons of MMO's, and I personally believe almost all new MMO's will have some sort of F2P model. I personally don't really like that model, but to each their own.

The reason F2P even exists is because it makes the companies more money that the subscription model. What one could get by being a "Gold" member at $15/mo you can get spend over ten times that a month for in a F2P model. It just doesn't look like it, but $5 here, $3 there, another $10 to have access to that class/itme/area and you're already over the $15/mo rate.

Granted you can play for free and not even ever pay for anything, but you miss a lot of the game that way.

hometeam 09-12-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9965457)
You're right there are tons of MMO's, and I personally believe almost all new MMO's will have some sort of F2P model. I personally don't really like that model, but to each their own.

The reason F2P even exists is because it makes the companies more money that the subscription model. What one could get by being a "Gold" member at $15/mo you can get spend over ten times that a month for in a F2P model. It just doesn't look like it, but $5 here, $3 there, another $10 to have access to that class/itme/area and you're already over the $15/mo rate.

Granted you can play for free and not even ever pay for anything, but you miss a lot of the game that way.

Serious MMO's will not have pay to win systems. Pay for aesthetics maybe, pay for a faster leveling experience yes. Pay to win? Not serious MMO's.

See Guild Wars 2.

kaplin42 11-20-2013 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look what I got today.

hometeam 11-20-2013 01:41 PM

Yea, have been seeing it pop up on reddit.

What kind of sucks is there there is no application process, just an email sign up.

So any random dude can get in with any hardware.

I have lots of beta test experience and nasty high end hardware. LEMME PLAY :'(