ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Geno Smith, why are people down on him (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267882)

synthesis2 12-20-2012 09:26 PM

Geno Smith, why are people down on him

So I didn't get to see every single game that he played this year but did see most.

He not only seems to have all of the athleticism that you could want in a quarterback but also all of the intangibles in terms of leadership.

On the radio both stations keep talking about him not being in the same class as luck or RGIII , my question is why not???

Here is my reasoning: We all know what type of difference a good coaching staff makes and how it transitions to the players ae. matt cassel with charlie weis

WVA coaching staff is not very good, their offensive line was like Swiss cheese and their defense was possibly the bottom 5% in all of Division I football, putting him consistently in bad situations.

If he had been playing for Alabama, Florida, ND, etc etc people would be touting him like luck or RGIII

I didn't see anything this year from him that would make someone believe that he doesn’t have all of the tools to be an elite QB.

Just on the wrong college team to put his draft stock at #1

AussieChiefsFan 12-20-2012 09:27 PM

Because people are dumb.

jd1020 12-20-2012 09:27 PM

Who the **** is Geno Smith?

Haven't even heard of this dude.

RunKC 12-20-2012 09:28 PM

Because he's not RG3 or Luck....which is reeruned all in itself.

RealSNR 12-20-2012 09:28 PM

Because QB too risky take the fatty LT build defense stop the run best smelling parking lot in the NFL season tickets still available

ChiefsCountry 12-20-2012 09:29 PM

Its generally ****ing idiots.

BigMeatballDave 12-20-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9228689)
Because people are dumb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9228692)
Who the **** is Geno Smith?

Haven't even heard of this dude.

:)

beach tribe 12-20-2012 09:34 PM

Look, I like Geno, I think he deserves the #1 overall, and want to pick him, and believe that he may very well turn out to be BETTER than Luck or RGIII in the pros.
BUT, as far as a PROSPECT, he is NOT in the same class as Luck or RGIII.
That doesn't mean SHIT though. Neither were Rodgers(who Geno Reminds me of), Brees, Roethlisberger, or pretty much anyone not named Peyton Manning.

BoneKrusher 12-20-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9228717)
Look, I like Geno, I think he deserves the #1 overall, and want to pick him, and believe that he may very well turn out to be BETTER than Luck or RGIII in the pros.
That doesn't mean SHIT though. Neither were Rodgers(who Geno Reminds me of), Brees, Roethlisberger, or pretty much anyone not named Peyton Manning.

This^

synthesis2 12-20-2012 09:41 PM

My point is that even as a prospect if you strickly look at his physical and leadership skills I don't see the seperation.

His biggest problem was the team he played for

Luck had harbaugh and we all know how amazing he is with QB's. Look what he did with alex smith

and Baylor was a well coached team with a very good offense

Put him on either one of those two teams last year and people are viewing him completly different.

FlaChief58 12-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9228717)

This Plus if Kelly becomes our new HC, the sky is the limit. :drool:

Hammock Parties 12-20-2012 09:49 PM

i often go down on chocolate penii

notorious 12-20-2012 09:50 PM

It's obviously racially driven.

He's Italian.

beach tribe 12-20-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synthesis2 (Post 9228728)
My point is that even as a prospect if you strickly look at his physical and leadership skills I don't see the seperation.

His biggest problem was the team he played for

Luck had harbaugh and we all know how amazing he is with QB's. Look what he did with alex smith

and Baylor was a well coached team with a very good offense

Put him on either one of those two teams last year and people are viewing him completly different.

You put him on either team, and he's still not going to WOW like RGIII did.
He's just not that type of college player.
And comparing him to Luck in college is just silly.
You act like WVU is devoid of talent. They aren't.

KcMizzou 12-20-2012 09:56 PM

People keep saying there are no QB's worthy of a top pick. No RG3, no Luck. But say you take a guy and he turns out to be like a Russel Wilson, or Kaepernick? Still a HUGE upgrade. Hell, take two QB's if they're gonna fall. Double your chance to get "that" guy.