ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will a blackout work? - Mellinger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266658)

NJChiefsFan 11-15-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9121316)
There is a reason seats are the team colors.

To me that's why its silly for the yellow seats. Makes it very clear when people aren't sitting there.

As far as the blackout is concerned, I don't see it doing a ton. That being said I think SOC is still going to have momentum. It's never been about being the sledgehammer that knocks the door down. We just want to make it known that fans want said door knocked down. Making Clark realize the scale of fan anger was/is the true mission. Keeping it going is more about making him realize this wasn't a one time thing for fun.

wazu 11-15-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9121349)
Yep. Whether you've already purchased your season ticket or not, the most powerful message is an empty seat.

The only problem with that is it implies fans support is weak. Crappy fan bases have their teams' games blacked out. We aren't one of those fan bases, so we are trying to find another way.

God of Thunder 11-15-2012 04:43 PM

I feel like all in all, it's been a huge waste of time/money. No matter what SOC does, it will no influence whether or not Clark fires Pioli.....

I guarantee you when Clark see's the stadium empty in the 3rd quarter, he knows fans aren't happy with how things are done.

Bugeater 11-15-2012 04:55 PM

I'm not sure there's any correlation between not finding people willing to pass out the flyers and the number of people willing to wear black. I think the reason he's having trouble finding volunteers is because no one who is going to the game is going to want to give up precious tailgating time to pass out flyers.

chiefzilla1501 11-15-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God of Thunder (Post 9121488)
I feel like all in all, it's been a huge waste of time/money. No matter what SOC does, it will no influence whether or not Clark fires Pioli.....

I guarantee you when Clark see's the stadium empty in the 3rd quarter, he knows fans aren't happy with how things are done.

This has been happening for years. I don't know why people keep insisting that not showing up to games sends any kind of message. This sends a message to the front office that we're bandwagon fans and that we'll run back as soon as we start winning again.

That happened under Peterson. It won't happen for Pioli. People learned to tolerate miserable under Peterson, but with Pioli, it's personal because he's so damn arrogant about how right he is.

NJChiefsFan 11-15-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God of Thunder (Post 9121488)

Its an average of like $15 per person. Not sure how big a waste that is. Not to mention that it has taken our energy of anger into another outlet. If nothing else it has been a good therapy for some of us. That being said, I do think its had an impact.

At the very least it has helped push the KC media and they do also help wake the rest of the fan base up. Eventually that leads to an angrier fan base, and something Clark will care about since the past 5 years has shown that poor performance means an empty stadium.

Brock 11-15-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9121459)
The only problem with that is it implies fans support is weak. Crappy fan bases have their teams' games blacked out. We aren't one of those fan bases, so we are trying to find another way.

Fan support is weak.

Mr. Laz 11-15-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9121524)
This has been happening for years. I don't know why people keep insisting that not showing up to games sends any kind of message. This sends a message to the front office that we're bandwagon fans and that we'll run back as soon as we start winning again.

That happened under Peterson. It won't happen for Pioli. People learned to tolerate miserable under Peterson, but with Pioli, it's personal because he's so damn arrogant about how right he is.

which tells them they better change things

The fans have never actually stopped giving the Hunts their money. They might leave early but that doesn't mean shit. It just means they get to close/clean early. The Hunt already have your ticket and parking money.

The fans just can't stop tailgating.

If they ever did REALLY stop going the Hunts would notice immediately.

chiefzilla1501 11-15-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9121571)
which tells them they better change things

The fans have never actually stopped giving the Hunts their money. They might leave early but that doesn't mean shit. It just means they get to close/clean early. The Hunt already have your ticket and parking money.

The fans just can't stop tailgating.

If they ever did REALLY stop going the Hunts would notice immediately.

I don't agree with this. Again, if the Chiefs start winning again, true fans will come back to the stadium. It's a sad reality. That's why I like the blackout idea. Think it sends a very different message, that we're not just dissatisfied because we're losing. We're dissatisfied because we're educated fans who know that this losing isn't just going to turn around unless some major changes are made up top.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-15-2012 05:49 PM

If it was a white out it would garner more support. Go Eachus! Boo Bowe!

Sorter 11-15-2012 05:50 PM

LMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9121659)
If it was a white out it would garner more support. Go Eachus! Boo Bowe!

bevischief 11-15-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9121519)
I'm not sure there's any correlation between not finding people willing to pass out the flyers and the number of people willing to wear black. I think the reason he's having trouble finding volunteers is because no one who is going to the game is going to want to give up precious tailgating time to pass out flyers.

Go tailgate during the first half then leave. That's what I would if I lived closer.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2012 06:24 PM

I'll be happy if we get a group of people on TV.

Titty Meat 11-15-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9121777)
I'll be happy if we get a group of people on TV.

Jaycee Pearson said networks try avoiding and having to talk about things like the blackout.

Deberg_1990 11-15-2012 06:59 PM

So what is the ultimate goal of the movement and blackout? Is it to get Pioli fired? If that's the case, I'm not sure how much influence we as fans have over Clark? He's gonna do what he's gonna do...and that's what's best for him.

Not trying to shoot the movement down, I think its.a great thing...just being realistic.

Regardless, what Clark does at the end of the season will tell us all a lot about him and his commitment to winning. Personally if Pioli is still in charge after this year, ill stop being a fan for awhile. If Clark isn't committed to building a.winner, then why should we care anymore?
Posted via Mobile Device