ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

mcaj22 07-08-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9798123)
That's fine. I'm not a fan of any of them. Especially Stephenson and Copeland. Maybe my Rockets homerism is showing, but I guess I can't help but be excited.

David West is also better than any role player on the Rockets. You definitely have the better 1-2 by far though.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-08-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9798128)
David West is also better than any role player on the Rockets. You definitely have the better 1-2 by far though.

No no no. David West was an example of Indiana just throwing money at Free Agents. He must suck.

chiefzilla1501 07-08-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9798123)
That's fine. I'm not a fan of any of them. Especially Stephenson and Copeland. Maybe my Rockets homerism is showing, but I guess I can't help but be excited.

You should be. I don't like that teams can be built this way. But they can be. One of the things I don't like about the nba.

I think the road was rocky to get there. And right now it looks like a mish mosh of talent. Now that they know their big two, I'm sure their strategy can now revolve around building around them and cutting out those who don't . Which means scheme and knowing their role players. I guess it's the basketball purist that prefers teams be built around a scheme versus stacking the deck and then force fitting some scheme. Regardless, they kind of lucked into two huge superstars who actually complement each other nicely.

The Bad Guy 07-08-2013 09:06 AM

Go home Zilla, you're drunk.

After listing to Screamin' A's take this morning, and having Howard tell him that if Phil was the coach, he'd still be a Laker, I don't know how Jim Buss looks his siblings in the eyes or how they don't remove him from all power within the organization.

Hell, give all the power to Kupchak, I don't care, but that homeless looking mother ****er makes Scott Pioli look like he's Ozzie Newsome.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-08-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9798181)
You should be. I don't like that teams can be built this way. But they can be. One of the things I don't like about the nba.

I think the road was rocky to get there. And right now it looks like a mish mosh of talent. Now that they know their big two, I'm sure their strategy can now revolve around building around them and cutting out those who don't . Which means scheme and knowing their role players. I guess it's the basketball purist that prefers teams be built around a scheme versus stacking the deck and then force fitting some scheme. Regardless, they kind of lucked into two huge superstars who actually complement each other nicely.

They did luck into it, but they were building for the future even before Harden. Young FAs and 3 first rounders to go with Parsons.... Probably would have had future lottery picks and Toronto's pick this year. This wasn't a team shooting for mediocrity. They were building with young guys.

mcaj22 07-08-2013 10:22 AM

this was mediocrity

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2011.html

they got rid of that entire roster in 3 years. THREE. That's a pretty good turnaround and upgrade if you ask me.

So as Yao's career ended they blew up the entire cast that would have been around him, as they had no chance without him. Took them three years and you can say they landed ass backwards into Dwight after he turned them down a year ago, but they stuck with it and kept trying and did just enough (Harden) to convince him that was a better option than the Lakers.

ChiefAshhole20 07-08-2013 10:24 AM

The butthurt is strong in this thread

RustShack 07-08-2013 11:00 AM

Bynum scheduled to be in Cleveland today...

mcaj22 07-08-2013 11:49 AM

lol:

Quote:

Kidd, the Nets’ newly installed coach, did his share of barking Sunday in a 76-67 loss to the Detroit Pistons. He instructed, applauded, cajoled and occasionally smiled. He also received a technical foul, for wandering outside the coaching box late in the fourth quarter. Actually, he wandered way outside — beyond midcourt and into the playing area, where the referee Curtis Blair promptly blew his whistle.
Clearly a rookie move.
“So it’s a lesson learned, that I know I can’t go past halfcourt,” Kidd said later with a wry grin, drawing laughter. “Hey, I’ve seen some of these coaches be all the way down on the other end. I can’t follow their lead in that aspect. I learned really quickly where the box is.”
I cant picture it, but imagine if that team fails to meet expectations because of their rookie almost player coach.

chiefzilla1501 07-08-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9798187)

After listing to Screamin' A's take this morning, and having Howard tell him that if Phil was the coach, he'd still be a Laker, I don't know how Jim Buss looks his siblings in the eyes or how they don't remove him from all power within the organization.

Hell, give all the power to Kupchak, I don't care, but that homeless looking mother ****er makes Scott Pioli look like he's Ozzie Newsome.

I don't think either of us is wrong though I've been talked down to agree that the rockets did a lot more right than I gave credit for. Rudy is right to be excited. I have a preference for a solid team with a good scheme and coach. I get that Houstons approach works in the nba. I just prefer a different route. I thought stacking the deck with asik and lin in mchales system was odd. Rudy is right that even if that was a mistake, the Howard Harden combo should work nicely. So at least they corrected with low cap consequence.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-08-2013 08:18 PM

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...lakers-go-here

-King- 07-08-2013 08:18 PM

Metta World Peace is being amnestied by the Lakers.

I think they're going to let D'Antoni coach this last throw away year and then fire him a the end of the season.

-King- 07-08-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9798524)
lol:

I cant picture it, but imagine if that team fails to meet expectations because of their rookie almost player coach.

I still don't understand the hire. If you're going to go to win now mode, why would you hire a coach with literally no coaching experience and just got done playing?

The Bad Guy 07-08-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9798601)
I don't think either of us is wrong though I've been talked down to agree that the rockets did a lot more right than I gave credit for. Rudy is right to be excited. I have a preference for a solid team with a good scheme and coach. I get that Houstons approach works in the nba. I just prefer a different route. I thought stacking the deck with asik and lin in mchales system was odd. Rudy is right that even if that was a mistake, the Howard Harden combo should work nicely. So at least they corrected with low cap consequence.

I think McHale is an atrocious coach, who will never get the Rockets where they need to go. That's going to be their biggest issue.

Mother****erJones 07-08-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9798187)

Hell, give all the power to Kupchak, I don't care, but that homeless looking mother ****er makes Scott Pioli look like he's Ozzie ****ing Newsome.

FYP

I knew that if Phil was the coach he probably would have stayed. DdumbassAntoni is an abortion