ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quinn QBotF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863)

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8638901)
When Brady was just a game manager and the defense won games? You really think that would have happened in Cleveland?

It happened twice at the end of his last season there. He threw for 90 yards and 66 yards and the Browns won both games due to their running game and/or defense.

Saccopoo 05-25-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638841)
He's a borderline NFL player. He probably shouldn't even be in the league.

I don't know. Quinn has been one of the biggest mysteries to me as an NFL player. Everyone talks about his exceptional work ethic. He's prototype size. Came from a pro system. Loves the game. Has a nice arm.

I can't explain why he isn't a starter somewhere other than he ran into some bad breaks up to this point:

Rookie in 2007. Up to that point, it was rare to see a rookie quarterback start in the league. Derek Anderson has a pretty good season and is named the starter for 2008, but goes in the tank eight games in and Quinn gets the nod. In game two of his starting career he breaks his finger and he's out for the season. 2009, Crennel gets fired and it was a literal mess under Mangini - really defined the term "quarterback controversy." 2010 gets traded to Denver, where Orton is already the incumbent QB. 2011 - Tebowmania.

I just really dont' think he's ever been given a legit chance to prove if he's capable of being a starting NFL QB despite having all the intangibles.

He'll get his chance here in KC. Might not ever see a better chance actually as it seems apparent that the coaching staff wants to see a QB competition and the front office has to understand the outside/fans perceptions of Matt Cassel as the starter.

I think he's got the potential to be a pretty good NFL QB, especially in this system with this team and probably understands that opportunities like this are few and far between at this point of his career.

I hope he puts it together. I'm pulling for him at this point as I think he's the best chance the Chiefs have in terms of fielding a team that has the potential to actually win a playoff game and then see where it goes.

Setsuna 05-25-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8638973)
I don't know. Quinn has been one of the biggest mysteries to me as an NFL player. Everyone talks about his exceptional work ethic. He's prototype size. Came from a pro system. Loves the game. Has a nice arm.

I can't explain why he isn't a starter somewhere other than he ran into some bad breaks up to this point:

Rookie in 2007. Up to that point, it was rare to see a rookie quarterback start in the league. Derek Anderson has a pretty good season and is named the starter for 2009, but goes in the tank eight games in and Quinn gets the nod. In game two of his starting career he breaks his finger and he's out for the season. 2009, Crennel gets fired and it was a literal mess under Mangini - really defined the term "quarterback controversy." 2010 gets traded to Denver, where Orton is already the incumbent QB. 2011 - Tebowmania.

I just really dont' think he's ever been given a legit chance to prove if he's capable of being a starting NFL QB despite having all the intangibles.

He'll get his chance here in KC. Might not ever see a better chance actually as it seems apparent that the coaching staff wants to see a QB competition and the front office has to understand the outside/fans perceptions of Matt Cassel as the starter.

I think he's got the potential to be a pretty good NFL QB, especially in this system with this team and probably understands that opportunities like this are few and far between at this point of his career.

I hope he puts it together. I'm pulling for him at this point as I think he's the best chance the Chiefs have in terms of fielding a team that has the potential to actually win a playoff game and then see where it goes.

I can't believe you all are so blind it's ****ing ridiculous. If he went to any other team, yall would be saying the same shit I'm saying. And that's damn sad that because he's a Chief, yall got blinders on.

RustShack 05-25-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8638973)

Rookie in 2007. Up to that point, it was rare to see a rookie quarterback start in the league. Derek Anderson has a pretty good season and is named the starter for 2008, but goes in the tank eight games in and Quinn gets the nod. In game two of his starting career he breaks his finger and he's out for the season. 2009, Crennel gets fired and it was a literal mess under Mangini - really defined the term "quarterback controversy." 2010 gets traded to Denver, where Orton is already the incumbent QB. 2011 - Tebowmania.

I think thats why he turned down more money from other teams. He knows KC is his best chance at success. He knows he can be successful here and in the long run make even more money.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8638990)
I think thats why he turned down more money from other teams. He knows KC is his best chance at success. He knows he can be successful here and in the long run make even more money.

Jesus Christ.

Some of you really think we're gonna make a hypothetical run at a Super Bowl with Romeo Crennel, Brian Daboll and Brady Quinn leading our team.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

What's next, Arrowhead gonna get a Dawg Pound?

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8638987)
I can't believe you all are so blind it's ****ing ridiculous. If he went to any other team, yall would be saying the same shit I'm saying. And that's damn sad that because he's a Chief, yall got blinders on.

I've always thought he wasnt given a fair shake in Cleveland.

I was surprised he was let go for so little.

Saccopoo 05-25-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8638987)

No, I wouldn't.

Like I said, Quinn has everything you want in an NFL QB. Protosize. Nice arm. Great work ethic. He's got a nice touch on the ball.

I'm glad he's here. I'm not saying he's Joe Montana. I'm saying that he's potentially a better option than we've had at the QB position since Trent Green, and maybe better.

You can't judge him on 12 games and there were the reasons that I pointed out as to why he hasn't been given a chance. He gets that chance now.

However, if you want to implode about having him on the team - go right ahead. Maybe Cassel has a really good summer camp and preseason and is yet again the starter and you don't have to worry about Quinn being under center for the Chiefs. I'm sure that will make you happy.

RustShack 05-25-2012 09:31 PM

If Quinn didn't think he could be good QB in this league he would have went with more money instead of coming here.

Saccopoo 05-25-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638995)
Jesus Christ.

Some of you really think we're gonna make a hypothetical run at a Super Bowl with Romeo Crennel, Brian Daboll and Brady Quinn leading our team.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

What's next, Arrowhead gonna get a Dawg Pound?

I don't think that anyone is talking about a Super Bowl. Most people are simply trying to be realistic that Quinn offers more in terms of potential/team success than Cassel.

Add a solid QB to a relatively solid team on both sides of the ball and that gives this team a legit shot to win the AFC West and the playoffs.

To be honest, having Hudson at center, Winston at RT, a backfield of Hillis and Charles and a healthy Berry is reason enough for some elevated hope. Having a guy like Quinn, who has the potential to be a lot more than we currently have in Cassel, is just icing on the cake.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8639025)
I don't think that anyone is talking about a Super Bowl. Most people are simply trying to be realistic that Quinn offers more in terms of potential/team success than Cassel.

ROFL

Get the **** out.

He has never done shit in this league.

What's more likely, he's actually a horrendous QB, or he's a previously undiscovered diamond in the rough.

He doesn't offer shit for potential.

Easy 6 05-25-2012 09:45 PM

If Quinn gets a shot, just show me... any real QB on planet earth, should be able to shine like the moon with this supporting cast.

Scouts Honor, i. will. stfu.

Just Show Me.

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8639025)

Add a solid QB to a relatively solid team on both sides of the ball and that gives this team a legit shot to win the AFC West and the playoffs.

To be honest, having Hudson at center, Winston at RT, a backfield of Hillis and Charles and a healthy Berry is reason enough for some elevated hope. Having a guy like Quinn, who has the potential to be a lot more than we currently have in Cassel, is just icing on the cake.

Solid take.

My thoughts, exactly.

BigMeatballDave 05-25-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8639027)
ROFL

Get the **** out.

He has never done shit in this league.

What's more likely, he's actually a horrendous QB, or he's a previously undiscovered diamond in the rough.

He doesn't offer shit for potential.

Do you have a lifesize cutout of Jason Whitlock next to you while you post?

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:48 PM

We should bring back Brodie Croyle, too. I mean, what's the ****ing difference?

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:48 PM

Trade for Tyler Thigpen IMMEDIATELY.