ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 'Star Wars' saga set for 3D release starting 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234369)

blaise 10-01-2010 12:46 PM

The only time I remember a crowd actually cheering was in Rocky 4 when Rocky started rocking Drago.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7053530)
Dane (I think) has said that there have been murmurs of possible movies involving Yoda as a Padawan.

That was the last rumor I heard but I haven't heard much about it since. I think the Clone Wars series has been excellent and the look, especially the space sequences, are equal to or superior to any of the movies. The voice actors are excellent as well and definitely surpass those of the latest trilogy.

On another note, I've "heard" that the live action series is mapped out and ready to go but the costs are prohibiting it from moving forward. He's got a hundred episodes with script in hand but at this point, it's a losing proposition because there isn't a network to fund it. I've heard he's looking at $20 million per episode minimum, so it doesn't appear that'll happen any time soon.

keg in kc 10-01-2010 01:03 PM

The Clone Wars has really come a long way from where it started. I watch it every week now.

007 10-01-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7053844)
The only time I remember a crowd actually cheering was in Rocky 4 when Rocky started rocking Drago.

Yep. When I went to see Rocky 4 the place was just plain nuts. I also remember quite a bit of cheering at the end of Karate Kid when Danielsan pulled out his crane kick.

crispystl 10-01-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7054017)
Yep. When I went to see Rocky 4 the place was just plain nuts. I also remember quite a bit of cheering at the end of Karate Kid when Danielsan pulled out his crane kick.

Damn I have never been at a theater where people cheered where people cheered out loud I bet that was pretty cool though hell I'm 28 and i still love that scene lol

googlegoogle 10-01-2010 11:02 PM

I hope that George Lucas has enough to get by in this recession.

Psyko Tek 10-01-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 7048100)
This is going to kick ****ing ass. This is what 3D should be for.

SEE IT AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME NERFHERDERS

no way I see episodes 1-3
will only see the originals if
HAN SHOOTS FIRST

googlegoogle 10-01-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7048110)
Im sure they will look great in 3D but..............Ive Seen all the movies on the big screen multiple times...owned all them on VHS multiple versions...owned them on Laserdisc.....now own them all on DVD. Im about done giving Lucas any more of my money for anything Star Wars.

this

googlegoogle 10-01-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7048637)
Seriously.....I'm tired of Star Wars.

Go **** yourself Lucas.

:clap:

Deberg_1990 03-03-2011 01:14 PM

Official release date Feb 10th, 2012

http://starwars.com/movies/episode-i...ate/index.html

Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox announced today that the 3D theatrical launch of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace now has an official release date -- February 10, 2012! Set against the thrilling and exotic backdrop of a "galaxy far, far away," Star Wars is perfectly suited to the immersive 3D theatrical experience, and Episode I delivers some of the Saga's most stunning and spectacular sequences -- from the Naboo invasion to the Tatooine Podraces to the climactic lightsaber battle between Darth Maul and the Jedi.
Supervised by Industrial Light & Magic, the meticulous conversion is being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for both technological considerations and artistic intentions.

InChiefsHeaven 03-03-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7464629)
Official release date Feb 10th, 2012

http://starwars.com/movies/episode-i...ate/index.html

Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox announced today that the 3D theatrical launch of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace now has an official release date -- February 10, 2012! Set against the thrilling and exotic backdrop of a "galaxy far, far away," Star Wars is perfectly suited to the immersive 3D theatrical experience, and Episode I delivers some of the Saga's most stunning and spectacular sequences -- from the Naboo invasion to the Tatooine Podraces to the climactic lightsaber battle between Darth Maul and the Jedi.
Supervised by Industrial Light & Magic, the meticulous conversion is being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for both technological considerations and artistic intentions.

OMG I think I truly just hate George Lucas.

Predarat 03-03-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7048110)
Im sure they will look great in 3D but..............Ive Seen all the movies on the big screen multiple times...owned all them on VHS multiple versions...owned them on Laserdisc.....now own them all on DVD. Im about done giving Lucas any more of my money for anything Star Wars.

How did you get Revenge of the Sith on VCR? Did you tape it off the TV? I cannot find it anywhere in VCR form.

InChiefsHeaven 03-03-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 7464670)
How did you get Revenge of the Sith on VCR? Did you tape it off the TV? I cannot find it anywhere in VCR form.

Why would you want it in VCR form?

Deberg_1990 03-03-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 7464670)

Maybe they are out of print now, but they have been on VHS tape for years....in the 80's, and 90's...IM pretty sure i threw all my tapes away.

Predarat 03-03-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 7464676)
Why would you want it in VCR form?

Mainly for collector purposes, I have them all but that one.