ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How does Dwayne Bowe rank among the elite WR's? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261499)

vailpass 09-06-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8883965)
Jackson isn't a good route runner. He's a deep threat. Thats about it.

He runs a damn good deep route. Again, it depends on what your team needs. I like Jackson as a true threat WR. Reasonable minds can disagree but to say there isn't a discussion is homeriffic. Granted, this is a KC board and it is your right to be homers here.

O.city 09-06-2012 03:20 PM

I just don't see him as a true threat WR. He's a deep threat. Same with Mike Wallace.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-06-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8883996)
He runs a damn good deep route. Again, it depends on what your team needs. I like Jackson as a true threat WR. Reasonable minds can disagree but to say there isn't a discussion is homeriffic. Granted, this is a KC board and it is your right to be homers here.

The only sanctioned homerism here is from Bronco fans, you know this.

vailpass 09-06-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8884003)
I just don't see him as a true threat WR. He's a deep threat. Same with Mike Wallace.

Fair response. I like Mike Wallace too.

vailpass 09-06-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8884044)
The only sanctioned homerism here is from Bronco fans, you know this.

Maybe on the Mane or in the KnowMo thread. I hope I've made it clear through the years that I recognize my status here as rival visitor and respect that this is a Chiefs board.

O.city 09-06-2012 03:38 PM

I like Wallace alot more, to be honest.

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

LMAO a donkey fan talking about homerism.

O.city 09-06-2012 03:39 PM

Nah, Valipass is a Bronco, but he's a good dude.

vailpass 09-06-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8884077)
I like Wallace alot more, to be honest.

Oh yeah. More complete and tougher too IMHO.

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8883862)
You'd take Bowe over D. Jackson?

Would you take Jackson over Thomas?

RealSNR 09-06-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

He runs a damn good deep route.

Ehhhhh... it's good. It's not damn good or great.

Might just have to do with preferences, but I really don't see how you can look at a receiver like Bowe who makes the plays that he does with such garbage rapeshit for his QB and pass over him for a TRUE diva (wanna talk character problems in WRs FFS?) who doesn't really do anything more than streak past coverage and does a good job of putting his body in a position to make a good catch.

How many guys are there in the NFL just like DeSean Jackson? Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, Percy Harvin, Delirium Tremens, to some extent Greg Jennings, Santonio Holmes, Pierre Garcon, Kenny Britt... they're ****ing everywhere.

How many guys are there in the NFL who do what Bowe does in terms of big bodies who have the ability to make the highlight reel catch? Teams draft these kinds of players all the time but rarely do they work as well as the guys who do what DeSean Jackson does. Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, I suppose one would put Justin Blackmon into this category if he works out... really aren't that many.

Then again you have the guys that certainly cross both types. Those kinds are even fewer. Larry Fitzgerald and (maybe) Julio Jones are the only ones I can think of at the moment still in the NFL who do that. At one point in the NFL there was no question that Randy Moss was the best in the business because he did it all so goddamn well, but now that's not really the case any more.

vailpass 09-06-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8884078)
LMAO a donkey fan talking about homerism.

I got your homer right here Marge.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-06-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8884085)
Nah, Valipass is a Bronco, but he's a good dude.

Yeah, he's a realist too. Wasn't talking about him earlier.

vailpass 09-06-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8884094)
Ehhhhh... it's good. It's not damn good or great.

Might just have to do with preferences, but I really don't see how you can look at a receiver like Bowe who makes the plays that he does with such garbage rapeshit for his QB and pass over him for a TRUE diva (wanna talk character problems in WRs FFS?) who doesn't really do anything more than streak past coverage and does a good job of putting his body in a position to make a good catch.

How many guys are there in the NFL just like DeSean Jackson? Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, Percy Harvin, Delirium Tremens, to some extent Greg Jennings, Santonio Holmes, Pierre Garcon, Kenny Britt... they're ****ing everywhere.

How many guys are there in the NFL who do what Bowe does in terms of big bodies who have the ability to make the highlight reel catch? Teams draft these kinds of players all the time but rarely do they work as well as the guys who do what DeSean Jackson does. Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, I suppose one would put Justin Blackmon into this category if he works out... really aren't that many.

Then again you have the guys that certainly cross both types. Those kinds are even fewer. Larry Fitzgerald and (maybe) Julio Jones are the only ones I can think of at the moment still in the NFL who do that. At one point in the NFL there was no question that Randy Moss was the best in the business because he did it all so goddamn well, but now that's not really the case any more.

Solid points, agreed on the different types of WR. The trick is to get a mix. the year we had B Marsh with Royal underneath and Cutler slinging to them was a good mix.
Oh, there's another thing. No matter who the WR is they aren't shit without the ball getting to them.