ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher: Cassel on possibility of benching: ‘You can’t play scared’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264625)

listopencil 10-03-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 8974443)

I would do exactly the same thing in that situation, but I'm not getting paid tens of millions of dollars.

htismaqe 10-03-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 8974569)
Im sick of this **** saying he needs to get better. He's speaking like he's a 2nd year player. He's been in the league over 7 seasons. He should be peaking at this point!

QFFT

FAX 10-03-2012 06:44 PM

Well, at least the subject is coming up in the Chiefs piss conferences ... that's progress, I suppose.

But, here's the part that really, really bugs me ... I mean, really, really bugs me ... with bugs ... really ...

"... I know as the quarterback of this team I’ve got to do a better job of taking care of the football. That comes first. I take full responsibility for that. We all need to take better care of the football ..."

He deploys this technique without fail. Every time it's obvious he's done something stupid and finally called out on it (usually having to do with turnovers or the inability to score or get a first down or something), he says, "I've got to do a better job ..." then without taking another breath he adds, "We all need to do a better job ..." (or whatever).

He always appends any mea culpa with an immediate blanket statement that "everybody" or "the whole team" or "we" screwed up.

It's peculiar and bothersome. I suppose as the quarterback, he's the de facto "leader" so it's appropriate for him to represent the entire team, but I don't hear other quarterbacks doing this. (Of course, maybe I just haven't paid much attention to other guys).

Anyhow, I would respect him a whole lot more if he were to take responsibility for his mistakes without mitigating his shortcomings by dragging everybody else into the mud hole he created as the worst offender on the entire team.

FAX

BillSelfsTrophycase 10-03-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8974556)
Your sig is disturbing man

It came from a Charger fan

No surprise

CoMoChief 10-03-2012 06:58 PM

"I have tunnel vision."

Probably the only thing I like about Cassel....at least he finally admits it, because it sure as **** shows on the field.

whoman69 10-03-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8974341)
Cassels biggest flaw is that he has ALWAYS played "scared".

Bingo. That might work for Stink Schlareth, but not for a QB.

saphojunkie 10-03-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 8974443)

Come at me, bro. Come at me. OH SHIT! PLEASE DON'T COME AT ME, BRO!

el borracho 10-03-2012 07:40 PM

Cassel to Teicher: "You can't play scared"
Teicher to Cassel: "You can't play"

Valiant 10-03-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8974672)
I would do exactly the same thing in that situation, but I'm not getting paid tens of millions of dollars.

Really?? Most QBs just step to the side when someone is coming at them and they see it.. I see it hundreds of times a season.. Just not from the Chiefs QB..

milkman 10-03-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 8974946)
Cassel to Teicher: "You can't play scared"
Teicher to Cassel: "Your performance on the field perfect illustrates that "

FYP

Easy 6 10-03-2012 08:05 PM

Matt, **** you & all of the tired, trite sloganeering, dude.

You're not getting it done, you never WILL get it done... you're a very wealthy man no matter what happens, no sympathy needed... so please just go the **** away.

scho63 10-03-2012 08:20 PM

When Cassel looks in the mirror everyday he sees Joe Montana, what he should see is Joe Pesci

BossChief 10-03-2012 08:33 PM

With all the "work" he puts in to "try to get better every day, grinding and trying to get better" how is it possible that he has not improved even a little since 2008?

Answer: he is a scared pussy and every defense knows it.

DaneMcCloud 10-03-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8974840)
Come at me, bro. Come at me. OH SHIT! PLEASE DON'T COME AT ME, BRO!

He was just protecting the ball.

The guy HATES turnovers.

suzzer99 10-03-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8974556)
Your sig is disturbing man

What's disturbing is that any regular wouldn't hide sigs.