ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you trade this last SB for the one versus Tampa? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349152)

Gary Cooper 06-27-2023 11:39 AM

Would you trade this last SB for the one versus Tampa?

Had this discussion recently with a friend.

I'd rather have back-to-back SB wins. That's more rare. Also, one less Super Bowl for Brady.

The biggest negative would be the loss to Cincinnati in 2021 would sting even more, since we'd be effectively squandering three consecutive SB wins.

In58men 06-27-2023 11:41 AM

Absolutely, beating Brady is top tier.

TLO 06-27-2023 11:42 AM

Nah. Things worked out just fine, IMO.

Indian Chief 06-27-2023 11:42 AM

No. My only motivation would be one less for Brady, and that's not good enough. They fixed the line as a result of that TB Super Bowl and they're in a better position now.

Skyy God 06-27-2023 11:44 AM

https://youtu.be/gQDqRlMeJ4U

ModSocks 06-27-2023 11:44 AM

Beating the Eagles was a steeper mountain to climb and thus a bigger win. Beating Brady was personal, and more to do with Mahomes' legacy than anything else.

Bowser 06-27-2023 11:46 AM

I could have still accepted the loss against Tampa if only Darrel Williams had just managed to catch Mahomes' insane horizontal pass.

alpha_omega 06-27-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Cooper (Post 16996074)
Had this discussion recently with a friend.

I'd rather have back-to-back SB wins. That's more rare. Also, one less Super Bowl for Brady.

The biggest negative would be the loss to Cincinnati in 2021 would sting even more, since we'd be effectively squandering three consecutive SB wins.

No thanks.

The back-to-back is still possible.

kysirsoze 06-27-2023 11:48 AM

Honestly yeah. Beating Brady plus back to back. Obviously happy with how things worked out, but man that would have been nice.

Bowser 06-27-2023 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16996089)
Beating the Eagles was a steeper mountain to climb and thus a bigger win. Beating Brady was personal, and more to do with Mahomes' legacy than anything else.

Taking Brady down in a home field Super Bowl would have skyrocketed Mahomes' resume, no doubt. But this one against the Eagles who had the superior team, with Mahomes on one leg, is far more impressive when you put the games back-to-back. That scramble in the fourth quarter is a legacy play.

ThaVirus 06-27-2023 11:49 AM

I could see the appeal. You take one away from Brady and you get back-to-backs, but a large factor in this one is the Mahomes vs Brady legacy debate, which I care less about than the Chiefs’ legacy.

The Eagles Super Bowl was great because 1) it’s more recent and the NFL is king of “what have you done for me lately?” and 2) we did it after trading Tyreek for a WR room of cast offs and getting meaningful contributions on both sides of the ball from 7 rookies.

Plus, we could potentially repeat next year.. so this question would be better served after next year wraps up.

mr. tegu 06-27-2023 11:49 AM

No because Mahomes won a Super Bowl on one leg against a great roster with a bunch of cast off WRs.

Spott 06-27-2023 11:50 AM

It’s a tough call, but I’d pay top dollar to get one of those back to back Super Bowl champion shirts that never got to see the light of day.

Rain Man 06-27-2023 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16996091)
I could have still accepted the loss against Tampa if only Darrel Williams had just managed to catch Mahomes' insane horizontal pass.

That's the most tragic lost highlight in NFL history.

ptlyon 06-27-2023 11:51 AM

Nah, F that. For the two weeks prior all we heard was how the eagles were going to win. Few, if any picked the Chiefs.

F them. Never doubt Mahomes.