ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hypothetically speaking (chiefs and FAs) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257259)

Frankie 03-13-2012 03:21 PM

Hypothetically speaking (chiefs and FAs)

Suppose Chiefs go one of the two following ways when it's all said and done:

Scenario 1- They somehow manage to get back into the Manning derby, outbid everybody and sign him at an inflated price. Pioli comes out and says that this signing has taken up most of the cap room and he won't sign anyone else, save for a cheap RT to slightly improve that position.

Scenario 2- With all the leaks and speculations in the Peyton matter the price is pushed so high that the Chiefs say no thanks even if Peyton shows interest. Instead the Chiefs aggressively go after the following FAs and successfully sign them:
Soliai (NT), Nicks (OG), Winston (RT), Henne (QB), Green-Ellis (RB), Hester (FB).

Which scenario do you like and why?

Wait for poll.

CaliforniaChief 03-13-2012 03:22 PM

Scenario 3: Chiefs do nothing but wait for the Patriots to drop 45 year old players and grab them, calling them "The Right 53."

mikeyis4dcats. 03-13-2012 03:24 PM

I'd take either, but neither will happen. We'' end up with a bunch of low dollar retreads

saphojunkie 03-13-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8449116)
Suppose Chiefs go one of the two following ways when it's all said and done:

Scenario 1- They somehow manage to get back into the Manning derby, outbid everybody and sign him at an inflated price. Pioli comes out and says that this signing has taken up most of the cap room and he won't sign anyone else, save for a cheap RT to slightly improve that position.

Scenario 2- With all the leaks and speculations in the Peyton matter the price is pushed so high that the Chiefs say no thanks even if Peyton shows interest. Instead the Chiefs aggressively go after the following FAs and successfully sign them:
Soliai (NT), Nicks (OG), Winston (RT), Henne (QB), Green-Ellis (RB), Hester (FB).

Which scenario do you like and why?

Wait for poll.

I'd go with scenario 2, and you wouldn't even have to throw in Nicks, Henne, or Hester.

Frankie 03-13-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8449129)
Scenario 3: Chiefs do nothing but wait for the Patriots to drop 45 year old players and grab them, calling them "The Right 53."

:D You know in about 3 years we will pay an arm and a leg for Brady.

RealSNR 03-13-2012 03:26 PM

Neither will probably happen.

I had just gotten over Peyton Manning saying "**** you" to this team by telling myself, "They have truckloads of cap money. At least they'll be able to re-sign Carr and grab studs like Soliai, right? Right?"

Now that it appears that's not going to happen, either, I don't ****ing know. I just don't ****ing know. I'm almost ready to give up and not even watch a single ****ing game next year.

Sofa King 03-13-2012 03:26 PM

Peyton Manning.

Frankie 03-13-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8449154)
I had just gotten over Peyton Manning saying "**** you" to this team by telling myself, "They have truckloads of cap money. At least they'll be able to re-sign Carr and grab studs like Soliai, right? Right?"

Now that it appears that's not going to happen, either.

How does it appear so? Did I miss something?

Frankie 03-13-2012 03:40 PM

For the record having been deflated about Peyton, I have chosen scenario 2. I think it still makes us a formidable team.

DJ's left nut 03-13-2012 03:41 PM

Where's the "Awarded the Lombardi Trophy due to superlative citizenship" option?

Afterall, it's equally likely to either of the above scenarios.

MTG#10 03-13-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8449129)

This is the most likely scenario. FML :(

RealSNR 03-13-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8449251)
How does it appear so? Did I miss something?

Two of our best players down the stretch last year were Brandon Carr and Kyle Orton (if we're talking offense, that is). We're letting both of them walk.

I was expecting Orton, due to Matt "Competition At Every Level Of The Organization" Cassel. But here we were fed a giant shit sandwich about, "Hey, Routt means nothing to us. We want Carr as a Kansas City Chief." He's gone. We had all season to extend his contract. We had all offseason to extend his contract. We didn't. We're going to let him walk.