ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Has Tailgating Jumped The Shark? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285937)

gblowfish 08-25-2014 01:42 PM

Has Tailgating Jumped The Shark?

Has saying "Jumped the Shark" jumped the shark?

Here in KC, tailgating has become a big thing in ads from the grocery stores to the hardware stores to the TV weather wanks hanging out... it just seems like something that was fun and natural has been ruined by, well, being fun and natural.

Also the Chiefs have put in tighter restrictions this year about the size and sprawl of tailgates, the counter clockwise parking patterns, "Platinum" parking lots, etc.

It just seems like something that was uniquely Arrowhead has been tarnished a bit for the pure joy it used to be.

What do you think?

MahiMike 08-25-2014 01:45 PM

Tailgating in KC is the only thing that can be relied on. It's like the draft party at fantasy football. Everyone has fun until the games are played.

Discuss Thrower 08-25-2014 01:51 PM

In today's overly commercialized NFL, fans are allowed to come into the parking lot bringing as much booze and food as they desire and are charged roughly $40 for this privilege.

So what if you have to enter the lot in some sort of controlled fashion.. And trying to limit people spreading out in the lots for tailgating in the sake of fairness doesn't seem illogical to me.

Guess I'll say.. No, it hasn't "jumped the shark" because it's not even something that can jump the shark.

gblowfish 08-25-2014 01:55 PM

I wonder if the NFL will somehow try to "Monetize" this eventually. You know, charge you extra for the right to tailgate in your parking spot?

cmh6476 08-25-2014 01:56 PM

I haven't done it in awhile #kids

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-25-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10848528)

Here in KC, tailgating has become a big thing in ads from the grocery stores to the hardware stores to the TV weather wanks hanging out... it just seems like something that was fun and natural has been ruined by, well, being fun and natural.

Also the Chiefs have put in tighter restrictions this year about the size and sprawl of tailgates, the counter clockwise parking patterns, "Platinum" parking lots, etc.

It just seems like something that was uniquely Arrowhead has been tarnished a bit for the pure joy it used to be.

What do you think?

It's the only notable attraction at One Arrowhead Drive, an institution that has supplanted meaningful football.

Easy 6 08-25-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10848572)
I wonder if the NFL will somehow try to "Monetize" this eventually. You know, charge you extra for the right to tailgate in your parking spot?

That seems very likely.

loochy 08-25-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

What do you think?

do you still have fun doing it?

if so, then no, it hasn't jumped the shark

KC_Lee 08-25-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Shhhh!!!! Don't give them any more ideas.

Old Dog 08-25-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 10848538)
Tailgating in KC is the only thing that can be relied on. It's like the draft party at fantasy football. Everyone has fun until the games are played.

Pretty much this.

This past Saturday it did seem to me that the "improvements" to parking were anything but.

Discuss Thrower 08-25-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Then you would have the case for "jumping the shark"

Really, what the Chiefs *should* do is re-align one of the lots for maximum space and "outlet" road access from the complex to 70/435/Blue Ridge and charge a little less than what's normal and make these "express" lots were nobody is allowed to tailgate and is meant strictly for the fans that just want to go to the game and GTFO.

Think about dividing one of the bigger lots this way so there can still be a party-hardy tailgating side (say in lot...G? I forget, whichever one is directly behind the bigger Arrowvision Board) but also the express lot with the appropriate amount of "Gold" parking for both sections.

MahiMike 08-25-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Here in Jax, Shad Khan has actually gone the other way. Folks can bring in all the food they want into the game. Just can't be liquid and has to be in clear plastic bag. We take our extra brats in.

scho63 08-25-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

What do you think?

It seems once something becomes a little too popular there is always a few in power who peek their heads up out of the sand and like to "tinker" with things. EVERYTIME they try to improve something they do just the OPPOSITE and ruin a good thing! :banghead:

loochy 08-25-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 10848629)
It seems once something becomes a little too popular there is always a few in power who peek their heads up out of the sand and like to "tinker" with things. EVERYTIME they try to improve something they do just the OPPOSITE and ruin a good thing! :banghead:

like facebook when they opened it up to non-college people

BWillie 08-25-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

What do you think?

I honestly am not that big of a fan of tailgating. ESPECIALLY, if I have to do it. And it's not fair to just crash someone's tailgate and eat all their food, beer etc. Just seems like way to much work, games are always too early and you have to get your ass there way before the game. No thanks. I'd rather be inside the stadium. Theres many places in the stadium you can hang out and have a drink, but I think tailgating has become such a big factor because of the outlandish concession prices.