ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO: True Detective (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276034)

Anyong Bluth 01-12-2014 09:14 AM

Interesting concept- each season is a new case with a whole new principal cast- the main roles to be filled with top notch A list actors for each season.

Anyong Bluth 01-12-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9959528)
Looks solid. McConaughey is doing some really great work the past few years. Glad he broke out of the romantic comedy glut.
Posted via Mobile Device

C'mon, you know you loved Ed Tv!

GloucesterChief 01-12-2014 09:14 PM

McConaughey was really good. The first episode was great. Can't wait to see more.

He also most be using his regular Texas accent.

Brock 01-12-2014 11:00 PM

Shit is off the hook

Tribal Warfare 01-12-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10366225)
McConaughey was really good. The first episode was great. Can't wait to see more.

He also most be using his regular Texas accent.

Yep, it has a Silence of the Lambs/Manhunter feel to it too.

bowener 01-13-2014 03:38 PM

This is going to be an excellent show.

SAUTO 01-13-2014 03:39 PM

really liked it.

Sully 01-13-2014 05:23 PM

Wow
Very cool first episode.
And I agree, McConaughey was great.

GloucesterChief 01-13-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10366494)
Yep, it has a Silence of the Lambs/Manhunter feel to it too.

I wonder if they were going for a fake out. It seemed the two black detectives think that McConaughey's character had something to do with the murder they were investigating.

I think it is why they kept asking Harrelson's character about his relationship with McConaughey's.

Sure-Oz 01-13-2014 05:32 PM

DVR'ed this show last night, too bad i won't have HBO tomorrow w/ the preview weekend over

I need to consider getting it back for good shows

Tribal Warfare 01-13-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10367678)
I wonder if they were going for a fake out. It seemed the two black detectives think that McConaughey's character had something to do with the murder they were investigating.

I think it is why they kept asking Harrelson's character about his relationship with McConaughey's.

Or it could be that it's as simple as Mcconaughey was involved with something so awful ( goes into a blind rage because it'll involve the missing child) he became the burnout that he's being presented as.

My guess is that the "copycat" is a relative who's following the same ritual or is the same person who pushed this morbid acts as the norm to the caught murderer.

Sure-Oz 01-13-2014 06:47 PM

Isn't this just a mini series

Tribal Warfare 01-13-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10367687)
DVR'ed this show last night, too bad i won't have HBO tomorrow w/ the preview weekend over

I need to consider getting it back for good shows

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

GloucesterChief 01-13-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10367707)
Or it could be that it's as simple as Mcconaughey was involved with something so awful ( goes into a blind rage because it'll involve the missing child) he became the burnout that he's being presented as.

My guess is that the "copycat" is a relative who's following the same ritual or is the same person who pushed this morbid acts as the norm to the caught murderer.

The timeline doesn't add up. Harrelson said that McConaughey was his partner for seven years yet the case the two black detectives are asking about happened 3 months into their partnership.

They also said that McConaughey couldn't be found for 8 years then just showed up again.

Anyong Bluth 01-13-2014 07:08 PM

****in' awesome- now I just wish all this season's episodes were available do I could binge watch a bunch of them. It was this exact reason I was debating holding off watching for at least 3-4 weeks, but that wouldn't have been much consolation ending up waiting anyway midseason.