ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Goin through Emporia? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=128104)

DaFace 11-04-2005 10:40 AM

Goin through Emporia?

I've posted this in the "Buy/Sell" forum before, but didn't get much of a response, so I'll try it here.

Anybody out there going through Emporia on the way to the game? I'm going alone, as usual, but I'm a poor college student, and I'm looking for someone to share a ride with to save $$$ on gas and parking. So, if you're going, and you wouldn't mind picking up a hitchhiker on the way, let me know. I live right on I-35, so it would take you less than 2 minutes out of your way. I'd chip in for gas and parking.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-04-2005 10:44 AM

I'm not going to the game and if I was I live about 400 miles on the wrong side of you...... but I was just wondering how things at my alma mater are....? (ESU)

Is Wooster Lake still covered with scum? Is is still called The Hornets Nest?

4th and Long 11-04-2005 10:45 AM

It might help if you tell everyone you bathe regularly. Just a thought. :p

DaFace 11-04-2005 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
I'm not going to the game and if I was I live about 400 miles on the wrong side of you...... but I was just wondering how things at my alma mater are....? (ESU)

Is Wooster Lake still covered with scum? Is is still called The Hornets Nest?

Well, things probably haven't changed much. Wooster is still toxic (at least as the rumors go, but it doesn't look that bad anymore). But, they've put weird little fountains in the middle to make it look less nasty. At least they're trying.

And, yes, (assuming you're referring to the first floor of the Union), it's still called the Hornet's Nest. I never eat there anymore (cuz they've pushed out Pizza Hut and Subway for crap food), but it's there.

DaFace 11-04-2005 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long
It might help if you tell everyone you bathe regularly. Just a thought. :p

And I bathe at least once a month. That better? :eek:

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-04-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace
Well, things probably haven't changed much. Wooster is still toxic (at least as the rumors go, but it doesn't look that bad anymore). But, they've put weird little fountains in the middle to make it look less nasty. At least they're trying.

And, yes, (assuming you're referring to the first floor of the Union), it's still called the Hornet's Nest. I never eat there anymore (cuz they've pushed out Pizza Hut and Subway for crap food), but it's there.

Wow... we never had Pizza Hut or Subway when I was there. I'm getting old. Is Godfathers Pizza still half a block up Commercial? I used to basically live there. How about Peter Pan Ice Cream? Used to go there then to Peter Pan Park with my girlfriend. Last time I was in town the duck "moat" was trashed. It was disheartening. I had a lot of good times there.

Saulbadguy 11-04-2005 10:56 AM

Just thought i'd drop in and say Emporia State sucks. Go Bods!

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-04-2005 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
Just thought i'd drop in and say Emporia State sucks. Go Bods!

WTF is an Icabod anyway?

And I think your avatar is wonderful especially since when I met you you didn't drink.

:D

DaFace 11-04-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Wow... we never had Pizza Hut or Subway when I was there. I'm getting old. Is Godfathers Pizza still half a block up Commercial? I used to basically live there. How about Peter Pan Ice Cream? Used to go there then to Peter Pan Park with my girlfriend. Last time I was in town the duck "moat" was trashed. It was disheartening. I had a lot of good times there.

Godfather's is still there. It's one of 7 pizza places in town, so I only go there occasionally. Never heard of PPIC. The park is still there (there's a disc golf course there that I play on quite a bit). I have never known the "duck moat" to be anything more than an empty trash pit. Rumor was that they had monkeys in there at some point. Guess that's a bunch of crap?

Saulbadguy 11-04-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

WTF is an Icabod anyway?

And I think your avatar is wonderful especially since when I met you you didn't drink.

:D

Washburn University was established in February 1865 as Lincoln College by a charter issued by the State of Kansas and the General Association of Congregational Ministers and Churches of Kansas. The school was renamed Washburn College in 1868 after receiving a $25,000 donation by Ichabod Washburn, a church deacon and resident of Worcester, Massachusetts.

The school's mascot, the "Washburn Ichabod," is named after the university's benefactor and was drawn by noted graphic artist Bradbury Thompson when he was an undergraduate. Only the men's athletic teams use the Ichabods nickname; the school's women's teams are known as Lady Blues. Washburn is a member of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association, MIAA and The National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II, NCAA.

DaFace 11-04-2005 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
The school was renamed Washburn College in 1868 after receiving a $25,000 donation by Ichabod Washburn, a church deacon and resident of Worcester, Massachusetts.

So your mascot is a church deacon? Boy, that makes he tremble with fear. :rolleyes:

HemiEd 11-04-2005 11:05 AM

Quote:

Is Wooster Lake still covered with scum?

I have always been curious when driving through Emporia, is that the water ski pond I see on the East side of I-35?

DaFace 11-04-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
I have always been curious when driving through Emporia, is that the water ski pond I see on the East side of I-35?

Na, Wooster Lake (should be pond) is dead center of the ESU campus. You couldn't see it from the highway. I know the ski place you're talkinga bout, but I don't know anything about it.

HemiEd 11-04-2005 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace
Na, Wooster Lake (should be pond) is dead center of the ESU campus. You couldn't see it from the highway. I know the ski place you're talkinga bout, but I don't know anything about it.

Thanks, they also have lake on the other side now with a lot of housing built around it. Seems pretty nice. I used to do a lot of business in Emporia with a guy on old Mopar parts.

chagrin 11-04-2005 11:16 AM

you know you're not getting a ride from any of these dudes, right? They have successfully taken you off track and you are now a prisoner here