ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Well, crazy things happen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268834)

Chief Roundup 01-13-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9312785)
Both. Their hands were tied because Manning obviously had nothing left because of the cold and that he's an old ****.

That was a question for MHM but thanks for your input.

R8RFAN 01-13-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9312796)
I know, but those seasons are so damn frustrating, you couldn't hope to rile us. We've been riled-out.

We will see how easy CP is to rile up when the goobers here are frustrated that Andy does not take them from 2-14 to a SB contender in one year with a rookie QB.. I think the situation should present golden opportunities for me.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 09:48 AM

Dude, we troll ourselves. Don't need any help.

Besides, the next meltdown could be soon if they pass on a QB in the draft and trade for Alex Smith.

CaliforniaChief 01-13-2013 09:57 AM

You're a classy guy, MHM.

13-3 with homefield advantage is the kiss of death. Champ Bailey picked a helluva time for rigor mortis to set in, and John Fox/Mike McCoy choked their chickens in front of the whole world.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 10:06 AM

Look at the bright side, there's going to be a lot of Broncos in the Pro Bowl!

ct 01-13-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9312754)
I said a number of times that this could happen... Good game though, while I didn't like the outcome, it was a good game. There were bad calls by the refs against both teams. A few questionable calls by Denver, but the two teams played well and unfortunately for me ... they lost.

You kids enjoy crotch kicking KnoMo and the rest of us... I am going to let this settle for a day or two and move on. It was a great season, 2013 will be fun as well.

Later.

Great season MHM, don't let any aholes ruin that. I'd take a 13-3 one and done at this point gladly! That said, I do enjoy watching the broncos blow the #1 seed. :)

Hope next year we'll have some competition in the AFC West, was pretty sad division this year.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 9312859)
Great season MHM, don't let any aholes ruin that. I'd take a 13-3 one and done at this point gladly! That said, I do enjoy watching the broncos blow the #1 seed. :)

Hope next year we'll have some competition in the AFC West, was pretty sad division this year.

I hope you look back in a couple of years and say 2-14 was worth it to get a high calliber coach, and a franchise QB.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 10:13 AM

Another 13-3 one and done with a retread QB would be the death of me.

crossbow 01-13-2013 10:21 AM

After the Ravens tied the game at 35/35, wasn't there enough time with two time outs for Peyton to move into field goal range? Realy bad time to go into fetal position. I thought only the Chiefs fans had to witness things like that.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9312870)
Another 13-3 one and done with a retread QB would be the death of me.

be careful what you wish for, FA hasnt started yet and the draft isnt complete either lol

LiveSteam 01-13-2013 10:28 AM

My mom told me. If you dont have anything nice to say,then dont say anything at all.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9312897)
be careful what you wish for, FA hasnt started yet and the draft isnt complete either lol

It's in the back of my mind that it could happen. Until the selection is made on draft day, I won't believe it. We've seen it all before.

Bugeater 01-13-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9312916)
My mom told me. If you dont have anything nice to say,then dont say anything at all.

Your mom isn't here.

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:33 AM

I won't defend Manning's OT INT

that was a choke artist throw and he was either playing scared or just didn't have anything left in his arm

BUT

it never should have gotten there

that game is a John Fox choke, and a Rahim Moore choke (what the **** was that?) before it ever should have gotten to the Manning choke

but once it got there, my God...that was the biggest Manning choke I've ever seen. No defense.

Mile High Mania 01-13-2013 10:36 AM

Yeah, KnowMo certainly earned all the slings and arrows going in his direction.

Regarding the season, yes it was still a great season - bottom line though, they didn't advance further in the playoffs than they did last year. I like this team and the style of play 10X better and there were several things to point to for the loss yesterday, not just the 3rd and 7 deal or the last INT...

Champ needs to slide over to the safety spot, he's not a cover guy any longer ... they need a better lineup at RB to be honest. As soon as Moreno went out, they lost a lot and that is odd for me to say. The other guys couldn't pick up blitzes and were liabilities in areas.

Overall, this team needs some tweaking and they can build on the success in 2013. Tough schedule though... NFCE teams plus, Ravens and Patriots again. Should be interesting.

I'm slowly looking at all this through the eyes of my 6 year old. When I told him about the loss (they were playing in the other room), he said "Oh man, I don't like that other team - you wanna play Legos?"

So, yeah ... there's more important stuff, but it would really be sweet to have moved on. Oh well, you kids enjoy - I'll log in a bit after the storm dies down a bit. STFU