ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New-Look Chiefs Turning Attention to NFL Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268935)

FringeNC 01-15-2013 05:17 PM

New-Look Chiefs Turning Attention to NFL Draft

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...inglePage=true

The wholesale overhaul of the Kansas City Chiefs is nearly complete.

Andy Reid has been hired to replace Romeo Crennel as coach, and longtime Packers personnel man John Dorsey has replaced Scott ***** as general manager. Most of the assistant coaches are on board, and now the Chiefs can start turning their attention toward the rebuilding job.

That includes preparation for the NFL draft.

The Chiefs finished 2-14 last season, matching the worst record in their 53-year history. But the byproduct of all that on-field suffering is that they have the No. 1 pick for the first time, giving Kansas City a good place to start turning around the team.

"We're in a unique position," said Dorsey, who will work closely with Reid but have final say over personnel decisions. "We all know there is some pressure involved in that."

It is pressure unlike anything he's ever experienced.

Dorsey began his career as a scout for the Packers, and eventually rose to direct of college scouting and director of football operations. But his primary responsibility was assembling the draft board, and the final decision ultimately came down to the Packers' GM — Tom Braatz early in his career, Ron Wolf and Mike Sherman after that, and most recently Ted Thompson.

Now, when the final seconds are ticking away on April 25, all eyes in the Kansas City draft room will turn toward Dorsey for a decision that could shape the future of the franchise.

"Ultimately, we're just trying to win Super Bowls. That's what we're trying to do," said Dorsey, adding that he plans to use a similar blueprint to Green Bay.

"History and time has proven — and that's all I know — but this system works," Dorsey said Monday. "That's what I'm going to try to implement."

Examining the Packers' drafts over the past two decades yields a few ideas about how Dorsey will proceed: He'll likely choose the best player of available, regardless of position needs, but also understands the importance of drafting for depth at quarterback.

Many outsiders panned the choice of quarterback Aaron Rodgers when Brett Favre was firmly ensconced in Green Bay, and Rodgers has turned into a Super Bowl champion. Matt Flynn was picked in the seventh round and became a valuable commodity as a backup, while other guys such as Matt Hasselbeck and Aaron Brooks developed into starters elsewhere in the NFL.

"What we've always tried to do is develop a third guy," Dorsey said, "and develop him and see if he can be a 2 or a 1."

By contrast, the Chiefs have spent only one pick — a fifth-rounder — on a quarterback in the past six drafts, and the result has been disastrous play at the game's marquee position.

Matt Cassel is still under contract, even though he was benched last season. Brady Quinn played just as poorly, while Ricky Stanzi never saw the field during the regular season.

"Any time when you begin to build a franchise, let's be real, the quarterback is a very important part," Dorsey said. "As you note the last couple weeks in the playoffs, the quarterback position is a very important position to the long-term success of the organization."

Important enough to spend the No. 1 overall pick on it?

Not necessarily.

Dorsey and Reid both insisted they plan to draft the best player available, and that may not be a quarterback. West Virginia's Geno Smith is widely considered the best prospect at his position, but some draft analysts believe he's only worthy of a late first-round selection.

"My draft philosophy, you'd love to get good players. That's the primary thing," Reid said. "As the general manager comes in, that's what he's going to do. That's his responsibility."

It's not as if the Chiefs don't have other needs.

Left tackle Branden Albert and wide receiver Dwayne Bowe can both become free agents, and there are gaping holes along the defensive line, at linebacker and in the secondary. And it just so happens that some of the best available players fit those needs: Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel, Florida State defensive end Bjoern Werner and George linebacker Jarvis Jones.

One thing that Dorsey made clear is that he won't reach for a player.

"Philosophically, you stay true to your board," he said. "You spend all those months staying true to your board, and all of a sudden you have to jump a player due to positional needs? I don't think you do that. Historically, we have proven you don't do that."

Dorsey plans to keep the Chiefs scouting department intact through the draft, but he's also bringing with him an entire season's worth of his own scouting work from Green Bay.

That will be augmented by work done at college all-star games, various pro days organized by schools, the annual scouting combine and from hour upon hour of highlight tapes.

"It's going to be a focus of our fans, the media and our personnel department here for the next three or so months," Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said of the No. 1 pick. "It's very important we get that pick right."

———

ModSocks 01-15-2013 05:24 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a breakdown of the Packers drafts vs what they needed.

IMO, Dorsey is FoS.

I remember some guy name Brian Bulaga being drafted when the Packers needed O-line Help. Im sure there are plenty of examples out there, but im too lazy to look for them.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-15-2013 05:25 PM

It seriously makes me wonder if we're getting a franchise quarterback this year. But both Reid and Dorsey have a good draft record. So I trust whatever decision made is the right one.

Rasputin 01-15-2013 05:31 PM

I am going be one pissed off mother ****er if we don't draft Geno Smith. ****ing bull shit if we don't.

ModSocks 01-15-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9321819)
It seriously makes me wonder if we're getting a franchise quarterback this year. But both Reid and Dorsey have a good draft record. So I trust whatever decision made is the right one.

BS.

Dorsey has never been a GM before, so he does NOT get the benefit of doubt. If they let Albert Walk and then replace him with Joekoff, then Dorsey can go **** himself.

However, i do think we are taking his words a bit too literal.

He says, "draft BPA". Another way of saying that is, "Don't reach for a player because you need it".

Need will most certainly play into the decision, but the player has to be worthy of being taken in that slot. And Maybe Geno isn't #1, but that doesn't mean he isn't top 5. Is picking a top 5 player in a top 5 slot really reaching?

Sofa King 01-15-2013 05:34 PM

tl;dr

Draft Geno

The Franchise 01-15-2013 05:35 PM

Like it's been stated before.....BPA and Need go hand in hand.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9321818)
I wouldn't mind seeing a breakdown of the Packers drafts vs what they needed.

IMO, Dorsey is FoS.

I remember some guy name Brian Bulaga being drafted when the Packers needed O-line Help. Im sure there are plenty of examples out there, but im too lazy to look for them.

:facepalm:

Bulaga was selected #23 overall. It wasn't as if they reached or overdrafted him.

In58men 01-15-2013 05:35 PM

Bold the important parts

ModSocks 01-15-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321848)

Bulaga was selected #23 overall. It wasn't as if they reached or overdrafted him.

No, but it was a position of need though, wasn't it? If we look back at that draft, was he the BEST player available?

or was he the best player at a position of need?

Did i say they overdrafted him?

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9321856)
No, but it was a position of need though, wasn't it? If we look back at that draft, was he the BEST player available?

Why don't you stop asking questions and FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF!

****ing dumbass. Use the ****ing Internet if you don't know.

okcchief 01-15-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9321838)
I am going be one pissed off mother ****er if we don't draft Geno Smith. ****ing bull shit if we don't.

I would prefer Geno Smith, but it's pretty dumb to question Dorsey and Reid based on their track record. I would say they have a better chance of making the correct pick than you or I.

ModSocks 01-15-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9321862)
Why don't you stop asking questions and FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF!

****ing dumbass. Use the ****ing Internet if you don't know.

**** you. Its a ****ing message board, and it's the topic we're discussing. You're the ****ing idiot who couldn't even figure out my point. You wanna rage because you look like a dumbass? good for you.

Do you not believe that the Packers have shown evidence in their drafts of taking need into consideration? **** off.

ModSocks 01-15-2013 05:46 PM

****ing Dane can't even understand a rhetorical question....jfc....

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9321819)

Oh you think Andy Reid has a good draft record?

Let's talk about Andy's high ticket first 3 round picks

Jerome McDougle... TRADED UP, this guy sucked.
Broderick Bunkley... TRADED UP for him, traded him for pennies.
2nd round safety Jaquan Jarrett..You guys know him right?
2nd round safety Nate Allen... trash
brandon graham over jason pierre paul
Freddie mitchell..do I need to say anything here?
Danny Watkins. A 26 year old firefighter. this guy is terrible.
Trevor Laws- 2nd round DT, took AHEAD OF DESEAN JACKSON, picked Jackson same round!!
Barry Gardner 2nd round LB
Billy McMullen, 3rd round WR
Tony Hunt, 3rd round HB
Bryan Smith, 3rd round LB/DE
Daniel Te’o-Nesheim 3rd round DE
Victor Abiamiri- 2nd round DE

These are all major failures, though graham is said to be looking on the better side of the coin as of late.

bevischief 01-15-2013 05:48 PM

:popcorn:

Rasputin 01-15-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9321865)
I would prefer Geno Smith, but it's pretty dumb to question Dorsey and Reid based on their track record. I would say they have a better chance of making the correct pick than you or I.

Yes because of 30 years of not drafting a QBotf for thirty years has worked so well for us. I wouldn't be as up set if we draft Barkley or Wilson but stilll pissed off if we don't draft a QB with our first pick.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 05:50 PM

I hope we draft Manti Te'o...he seems like a really nice guy.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9321903)
Yes because of 30 years of not drafting a QBotf for thirty years has worked so well for us. I wouldn't be as up set if we draft Barkley or Wilson but stilll pissed off if we don't draft a QB with our first pick.

I like Nassib and Wilson...Barkley is an over-rated USC QB that's gonna fall in the long lineage of busts.

bevischief 01-15-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus (Post 9321904)
I hope we draft Manti Te'o...he seems like a really nice guy.

This will not end well for you...

Sofa King 01-15-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9321889)

Trevor Laws- 2nd round DT, took AHEAD OF DESEAN JACKSON, picked Jackson same round!!
Tony Hunt, 3rd round HB

These are all major failures, though graham is said to be looking on the better side of the coin as of late.

lmao. lots of teams passed on people. That's what happens in the draft dickhead. And the bullshit about Jackson... Why the **** would you complain about a guy that was actually drafted later than where you say he should have been drafted. And you picked a dozen players from a 14 year stint...

Stupid trolls aren't even applying any effort any more..

mcaj22 01-15-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9321856)

there's a clear difference in draft boards when you are consistent playoff team picking in the 20s every year. 23 guys came off the board before Balauga, so like

GMing a crappy team like the Chiefs having the #1 pick is completely different, Dorsey has something he hasnt had in awhile, if ever, no team picking ahead of him, no guys coming off the board, he has his pick of anyone.

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 9321909)
lmao. lots of teams passed on people. That's what happens in the draft dickhead. And the bullshit about Jackson... Why the **** would you complain about a guy that was actually drafted later than where you say he should have been drafted. And you picked a dozen players from a 14 year stint...

Stupid trolls aren't even applying any effort any more..

because He RISKED losing Jackson to pick TREVOR LAWS. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF HIM? lol The dude is a joke!

Seriously, he had a few good picks, Lito Sheppard, Sheldon brown, Brian Westbrook, Donovan McNabb, Trent Cole.... Outside of those, name some of Andy's great draft picks, please. I'd like to hear your draft analysis of Andy Reid during his tenure with the Eagles. Thanks.

ModSocks 01-15-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9321917)
there's a clear difference in draft boards when you are consistent playoff team picking in the 20s every year. 23 guys came off the board before Balauga, so like

GMing a crappy team like the Chiefs having the #1 pick is completely different, Dorsey has something he hasnt had in awhile, if ever, no team picking ahead of him, no guys coming off the board, he has his pick of anyne.

??

You missed my point is well. I don't care about the Bulaga pick as far as value is concerned. I don't think he was a reach. I never stated that....AT ALL. What i did state, however, is that the Bulaga pick demonstrates the Packers taking need into consideration when picking BPA.

Which brings me back to my original point that Dorsey is either BSing us or we are taking his words far too literal.

Coogs 01-15-2013 05:58 PM

It's the "Chiefs Draftboard".

Simply draft Geno. Then say we had him rated at the top of our board.

Problem solved.

RustShack 01-15-2013 05:58 PM

Stay true to your board. It's true you should, but Geno Smith should also be #1 on our draft board.

The_Doctor10 01-15-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9321920)
because He RISKED losing Jackson to pick TREVOR LAWS. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF HIM? lol The dude is a joke!

Seriously, he had a few good picks, Lito Sheppard, Sheldon brown, Brian Westbrook, Donovan McNabb, Trent Cole.... Outside of those, name some of Andy's great draft picks, please. I'd like to hear you draft analysis of Andy Reid during his tenure with the Eagles. Thanks.

Who hits on all of their picks? Andy found his share of studs, and his teams were always competitive.

Chief Roundup 01-15-2013 06:00 PM

Is this draft with the Chiefs going to be the Polar opposite of the draft that Reid did in Philly when he drafted McNabb? The Chiefs fans want him to draft a QB and he drafts another position.

mcaj22 01-15-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9321889)

Tony Hunt, 3rd round HB

thing about Andy Reid is he also actually can HIT just as much as he misses. Where as Scooter ***** just ****ing completely whiffs 99 percent of the time.

So every Andy Reid list you have of crappy players you can also make a list of good ones.

in 2012 alone

Fletcher Cox
Mychael Kendricks
Nick Foles
Brandon Boykin
Dennis Kelly
Bryce Brown

all contributed to the Eagles this season in terms of production more than we have seen out of any one Scooter ***** draft in 4 years. All had prospective potential and production and some sort of NFL talent in their rookie seasons, and only looks good for their development.

-King- 01-15-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9321923)
It's the "Chiefs Draftboard".

Simply draft Geno. Then say we had him rated at the top of our board.

Problem solved.

Exactly what they'll do.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 01-15-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9321922)
??

You missed my point is well. I don't care about the Bulaga pick as far as value is concerned. I don't think he was a reach. I never stated that....AT ALL. What i did state, however, is that the Bulaga pick demonstrates the Packers taking need into consideration when picking BPA.

Which brings me back to my original point that Dorsey is either BSing us or we are taking his words far too literal.

they had Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Charles Woodson, and you name it that can play CB and they still took Casey Hayward in the 2nd round of the draft this past season, who ended up playing his way into the starting lineup (cause of injury) and being far and away a smash hit pick, even with all the CB depth they had.

Why did they pick that one? Surely wasnt a need at the time. But he clearly was BPA on their board.

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9321926)
Who hits on all of their picks? Andy found his share of studs, and his teams were always competitive.

Interesting. They were always competitive? After 2004, Andy took the team to the playoffs 4 times with only 3 wins. 1 in 2006 and 2 in 2008 only to fall to the ARIZONA CARDINALS.

Andy was coaching with Jim Johnson and Ray Rhodes' players when he was performing well through the 2004 season. After those players started to leave, and Jim Johnson passed, Andy's poor drafting really started to show and without a real defensive coordinator to coverup his short comings, the team suffered.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9321924)
Stay true to your board. It's true you should, but Geno Smith should also be #1 on our draft board.

Joeckel, Warmak, Werner, Rhodes, Banks, Mingo, Star, Patterson, Moore and Richardson are all better "prospects"...at QB I'd take Nassib, Wilson, Bray, Scott and Dysert I would gladly take over him.

mcaj22 01-15-2013 06:07 PM

people actually like the Nassib shitter?

i find that hard to believe. that guy is a turd

FringeNC 01-15-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9321934)
Interesting. They were always competitive? After 2004, Andy took the team to the playoffs 4 times with only 3 wins. 1 in 2006 and 2 in 2008 only to fall to the ARIZONA CARDINALS.

Andy was coaching with Jim Johnson and Ray Rhodes' players when he was performing well through the 2004 season. After those players started to leave, and Jim Johnson passed, Andy's poor drafting really started to show and without a real defensive coordinator to coverup his short comings, the team suffered.

Was Reid GM is Philly? Is he GM now? I'm very confident that our draft board is going to look a lot more like GB's than Philly's.

Red Dawg 01-15-2013 06:09 PM

Its real simple. They will watch every play of Geno in college. They will go to all his workouts and interview him to death. They will talk for hours and hours to his coaches about him and his work ethic and personality. When the draft comes I am sure they will pick him. He is the best player in the draft. Qb is the only position worth the number one overall pick. Clark has told them that Qb is a must now primarily because the fan base is sick of not having a signal caller to hang our hat on. Both Andy and Dorsey know for sure that you cant win without a really good one.

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9321949)
Was Reid GM is Philly? Is he GM now? I'm very confident that our draft board is going to look a lot more like GB's than Philly's.

Don't be fooled. Reid had full control in Philly, and Pioli would still be there if Reid didn't have his hand up the GM's ass like a puppet.

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 06:10 PM

Andy Reid once traded his 1st round pick to the rival Cowboys because he had his sights set on Kevin Kolb.

He also hasn't drafted a good defensive player since Trent Cole in 2005.

That's all you need to know about Reid's drafting.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9321952)
Its real simple. They will watch every play of Geno in college. They will go to all his workouts and interview him to death. They will talk for hours and hours to his coaches about him and his work ethic and personality. When the draft comes I am sure they will pick him. He is the best player in the draft. Qb is the only position worth the number one overall pick. Clark has told them that Qb is a must now primarily because the fan base is sick of not having a signal caller to hang our hat on. Both Andy and Dorsey know for sure that you cant win without a really good one.

He's far from the best player in the draft...Star, Joeckel and Warmak infinitely better.

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9321949)

He had full personnel control in Philly for the past 10 years.

ModSocks 01-15-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9321933)
they had Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Charles Woodson, and you name it that can play CB and they still took Casey Hayward in the 2nd round of the draft this past season, who ended up playing his way into the starting lineup (cause of injury) and being far and away a smash hit pick, even with all the CB depth they had.

Why did they pick that one? Surely wasnt a need at the time. But he clearly was BPA on their board.

Oh, are you talking about that 2.30 DB? Basically a 3rd Rounder?

Interesting. Because they seemed to use their 1st round Pick to fill a huge void opposite Clay Mathews. You don't think for a second that need played a role in that?

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9321930)
thing about Andy Reid is he also actually can HIT just as much as he misses. Where as Scooter ***** just ****ing completely whiffs 99 percent of the time.

So every Andy Reid list you have of crappy players you can also make a list of good ones.

in 2012 alone

Fletcher Cox
Mychael Kendricks
Nick Foles
Brandon Boykin
Dennis Kelly
Bryce Brown

except that Howie Roseman was responsible for all offseason moves leading up to this season. Therefore, NOT Reid's picks. It was determined that too many mistakes were being made by Banner/Reid.

Chief Roundup 01-15-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9321933)

Don't know the rest of the DB's off the top of my head but Woodson was moved to safety last season.
But the overall point is correct.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:12 PM

what do you guys think about Denard Robinson or Collin Klein?

ModSocks 01-15-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus (Post 9321937)
Joeckel, Warmak, Werner, Rhodes, Banks, Mingo, Star, Patterson, Moore and Richardson are all better "prospects"...at QB I'd take Nassib, Wilson, Bray, Scott and Dysert I would gladly take over him.

GTFO.

You're taking up valuable message board space.

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9321930)

in 2012 alone

Fletcher Cox
Mychael Kendricks
Nick Foles
Brandon Boykin
Dennis Kelly
Bryce Brown

all contributed to the Eagles this season in terms of production more than we have seen out of any one Scooter ***** draft in 4 years. All had prospective potential and production and some sort of NFL talent in their rookie seasons, and only looks good for their development.

This was the first good draft the Eagles have had in literally years. There were several atrocious drafts before it.

And the owner just gave all of the credit for the 2012 draft (which hasn't even played out) to the current GM.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9321966)
GTFO.

You're taking up valuable message board space.

care to elaborate on why you disagree?

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 06:16 PM

Anyway, that's what I researched today on Wikipedia about Reid's drafting and career as head Coach so far.

FringeNC 01-15-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefSuspect (Post 9321961)

I don't know if Philly has drafted well or not...

If they didn't, I'm glad we will be using the GB draft board rather than the Philly draft board, regardless of whether Reid or Dorsey has final say on the pick. For all of Reid's supposed bad picks, something tells me he wasn't drafting someone 100 places ahead of board position.

ModSocks 01-15-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus (Post 9321971)
care to elaborate on why you disagree?

Not really, no. I make it a point not to elaborate with trolls.

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9321977)
I don't know if Philly has drafted well or not...

If they didn't, I'm glad we will be using the GB draft board rather than the Philly draft board, regardless of whether Reid or Dorsey has final say on the pick. For all of Reid's supposed bad picks, something tells me he wasn't drafting someone 100 places ahead of board position.

They've drafted terribly for several years now. That's why they're in the position they're in.

RustShack 01-15-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus (Post 9321937)

No, they aren't.

6'3, 220 Lbs. Great accuracy, even on deep routes. Very good arm strength. Fast for a QB meaning can make plays/buy time with legs if needed.

Hes a great QB prospect. Needs a little help to be NFL ready, and we have one of the best in the business to help him reach max potential. When you have a QB guru, you an afford to take a less polished prospect with huge upside.

4,205 yards, 42 TD's, 6 INT's, 71.2% against the same competition that produced RG3.

Clear cut #1 pick if West Virginia had a better defense.

RustShack 01-15-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefSuspect (Post 9321983)
They've drafted terribly for several years now. That's why they're in the position they're in.

They went downhill when Banner took over.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9321984)
No, they aren't.

6'3, 220 Lbs. Great accuracy, even on deep routes. Very good arm strength. Fast for a QB meaning can make plays/buy time with legs if needed.

Hes a great QB prospect. Needs a little help to be NFL ready, and we have one of the best in the business to help him reach max potential. When you have a QB guru, you an afford to take a less polished prospect with huge upside.

4,205 yards, 42 TD's, 6 INT's, 71.2% against the same competition that produced RG3.

RGIII had an equally as bad D and he won a lot of games. You don't draft a guy at #1 if he needs a little help being NFL ready.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9321980)
Not really, no. I make it a point not to elaborate with trolls.

then STFU...I try to talk football and you're the one who's trolling

Coogs 01-15-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9321965)
what do you guys think about Denard Robinson or Collin Klein?

Probably not #1 overall worthy.

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9321986)
They went downhill when Banner took over.

No. Banner has been there for Reid's entire tenure. He was never heading the drafts.

ModSocks 01-15-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9321984)
No, they aren't.

Do yourself a favor and ignore him. Anyone who would rather have dysert over smith is either trolling or far too dense to talk football with.

ModSocks 01-15-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9321991)
then STFU...I try to talk football and you're the one who's trolling

You'd rather have Dysert over Smith and you think you're talking football? Haha....ok, buddy.

RustShack 01-15-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefSuspect (Post 9321961)

No, he lost it in 09 when Banner took full control and fired Heckert.

HolyHat 01-15-2013 06:23 PM

“@NFLosophy: If the Chiefs believe Ryan Mallet is the guy for them, I'd have no problem if they gave up their 1st round pick to the Pats for him.”

This guy just lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

O.city 01-15-2013 06:25 PM

KC sporting giving that guy a run for his money on Twitter.

ChiefSuspect 01-15-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9322000)

No, Joe Banner never had personnel control in Philly. You're 100% wrong. Reid had full control and final say over all personnel matters once Tom Modrak was fired in 2002. He didn't give it up until he was fired. Banner was in charge of contract negotiations and other business matters. He had input, but never any control.

Coogs 01-15-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9322002)
“@NFLosophy: If the Chiefs believe Ryan Mallet is the guy for them, I'd have no problem if they gave up their 1st round pick to the Pats for him.”

Well, maybe if they would throw in a washed up LB to sweeten the deal. That worked pretty well last time. :rolleyes:

silver5liter 01-15-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9322002)

Im serious, search his screen name. He writes stories for a raiders blog.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9321997)
You'd rather have Dysert over Smith and you think you're talking football? Haha....ok, buddy.

Have you ever watched a Miami (OH) football game? Yes I'd rather have him over smith. I wouldn't waste the #1 pick of the draft like that. I'd rather get a guy to groom.

silver5liter 01-15-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322019)
Have you ever watched a Miami (OH) football game? Yes I'd rather have him over smith. I wouldn't waste the #1 pick of the draft like that. I'd rather get a guy to groom.

Thats an old way of thinking. Doesnt work like that anymore.

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9322000)

Fail. Heckert left to become GM of the Browns, and Roseman stepped into his role. Roseman was a YES man for Reid up until 2012 draft.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9322022)
Thats an old way of thinking. Doesnt work like that anymore.

So Tenn and Minny are happy they reached on QBs?

htismaqe 01-15-2013 06:30 PM

Trading the #1 overall pick for Ryan Mallett and taking Dysert over Smith?

ROFL

Looks like it's time for another vacation.

Seriously, the mods needs to take care of the OBVIOUS mults. This is getting super annoying.

silver5liter 01-15-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322026)
So Tenn and Minny are happy they reached on QBs?

Id take Ponder or Locker on this team over any qb we currently have.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9322027)
Trading the #1 overall pick for Ryan Mallett and taking Dysert over Smith?

ROFL

Looks like it's time for another vacation.

Seriously, the mods needs to take care of the OBVIOUS mults. This is getting super annoying.

I wouldn't take Dysert #1 overall...I'm saying you can get him for better value in the 2nd or the 3rd. That's better than wasting the #1 pick on Geno. There is only a few top talents in the draft and Geno isn't one of them.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9322038)
Id take Ponder or Locker on this team over any qb we currently have.

desperation is a recipe for failure

O.city 01-15-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9322013)
Im serious, search his screen name. He writes stories for a raiders blog.

Wait, this guy writes for a raiders blog?

Easy 6 01-15-2013 06:36 PM

I HATE seeing so called pro's make stupid spelling errors, makes me want to stop reading as soon as i see one.

htismaqe 01-15-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322044)
desperation is a recipe for failure

Good thing we're not desperate and Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson are BOTH right there for the taking.

Rasputin 01-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322043)
I wouldn't take Dysert #1 overall...I'm saying you can get him for better value in the 2nd or the 3rd. That's better than wasting the #1 pick on Geno. There is only a few top talents in the draft and Geno isn't one of them.

You are one dumb mother ****er.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9322052)
Good thing we're not desperate and Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson are BOTH right there for the taking.

Would you take Wilson #1 overall though? It's about mixing value, potential and talent.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9322055)
You are one dumb mother ****er.

I must be

ModSocks 01-15-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322057)
Would you take Wilson #1 overall though? It's about mixing value, potential and talent.

Value.....value is for draftniks who wanna give grades at the end of the day.

**** Value.

What matters is getting the best player who will improve your team in the most significant way.

Drafting Dysert (a far lesser talent, im not even sure how the **** you could argue that) and having him sit behind Brady ****ing Quinn while he "develops" won't help this team win. By the time your boy develops (if he develops) Coaches and GM's will be fired.

Let me ask you this.....If you were the GM of the Chiefs, and Hunt came to you and said, "Babysealboy, you MUST take a QB 1st overall". Which would you take? Trading down is not an option.