ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trailer for Ridley Scott's Alien prequel leaked (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252986)

Kylo Ren 01-10-2014 08:56 AM

Here are the answers to your questions if you have a spare 28 minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpEx7pdp2-Q#t=21

Hammock Parties 01-10-2014 03:10 PM

NewChief's post is why I like the movie. It makes you think.

Easy 6 01-10-2014 03:33 PM

NewChiefs explanation is as good or better than any other I've ever heard.

It was a gorgeous looking movie, but still could've been so much more IMO.

durtyrute 01-11-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10358973)
I watched this last night and enjoyed it. Here's my theory:

The Engineer at the beginning is terraforming Earth. The problem is that the sacrificial drink that he uses to terraform earth is contaminated with the black mutagen (which he doesn't realize, hence his look of surprise when it works differently than he expected). The spaceship goes ahead and leaves because it doesn't realize that anything has gone awry.

Meanwhile, The Engineers back on the moon base have now realized there is a contamination outbreak that's out of control (thus the fleeing holograms and massive graves). The mutagen takes over the facility and corrupts all the "normal" material in the storage areas except for the ones in the actual ship (which are arranged differently and don't appear to have the leaking/condesnation issues).

The surviving engineers on the moon go into survival mode, trying to figure out if any of the contaminated mutagen had escaped the planet. The whole holographic scene where they're scanning the universe with 5 of them and find Earth shows them where it escaped to. What I don't understand is why they wouldn't launch an attack no Earth at this point. Maybe they're trying to clean up the contamination on the moon first? Anyway, moving on.

What this means is that humans are actually a result of the mutated/corrupted DNA (similar to an Alien). This is why the Engineer reacts so strongly to them when they wake him. It's not that he hates his creations, it's that humans are a corrupted version of that creation because we were created from a terrafarmer who accidentally used the mutated DNA to create us. I also like this because it explains humans resilience and destructive nature (after all, we end up beating the Aliens, right?). The mutagen just "weaponized" us differently and more subtly than the other creations.

Anyway, I read other explanations after I went to bed last night which also make sense, but I kind of like mine as an alternative way of looking at it.

Sounds real

bowener 01-11-2014 03:34 PM

This movie still disappoints me. It could have been so much better. The characters were shallow attempts at best. Ripley is such an amazing character in the original series. It felt like watching Lost, where there ultimately was no coherent attempt at anything real. Just the creation of strange occurrences to initiate speculation to questions that could not be logically answered (especially with the minor amount of detail given to the audience).

It was also a complete waste of Idris Elba, which is a terrible sin in and of itself.

Anyong Bluth 01-11-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10361552)
This movie still disappoints me. It could have been so much better. The characters were shallow attempts at best. Ripley is such an amazing character in the original series. It felt like watching Lost, where there ultimately was no coherent attempt at anything real. Just the creation of strange occurrences to initiate speculation to questions that could not be logically answered (especially with the minor amount of detail given to the audience).

It was also a complete waste of Idris Elba, which is a terrible sin in and of itself.

For any faults the movie did have, I am seriously hoping Scott gets around to the sequel that picks up when she escaped on the ship.

I'm still genuinely interested in him exploring the whole Architect plot line.

It's still absolutely visually stunning, and the concept is strong- it just needed to be tightened up on some the of the loose ends, and some of those gaps could have been purposely left to explore in future films.

I think they'd do better cutting ties with the guys involved with Lost , Damon and Co.

ChiefRocka 02-06-2014 10:12 PM

So did the Engineers on home planet say "screw it" when they learned the moon base mission was ****ed? No attempt to nuke earth from space thereafter?

And how did Prometheus' captain even think to bring along a mini christmas tree along for the ride?

[IMG]http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/word...rometheus9.jpg[/IMG]

Overall a good flick compared to all the other garbage.

salame 02-07-2014 01:02 AM

it's an AWESOME movie
underrated

notorious 02-09-2015 10:01 AM

Just watched this movie, and it wasn't bad.

The story/premise is off the charts good, but parts of the movie caused me to facepalm so hard that I feared collapsing my skull.