ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Lenny speaks with Pioli regarding todays event tonight on KMBC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267273)

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 09:53 PM

Lenny speaks with Pioli regarding todays event tonight on KMBC

Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride
Chiefs GM Scott Pioli talked to Len Dawson, will be aired on KMBC tonight.

Not expecting anything...just thought I would share for those who want to catch it.

keg in kc 12-01-2012 09:55 PM

I don't think Pioli has done an adequate job here, and I think he needs to be replaced, but I feel absolutely terrible about what happened today and his part in it (if what was reported is what happens). You can't unsee something like that, and it's probably going to haunt him for the rest of his life.

loochy 12-01-2012 09:55 PM

Wow that was fast.

If I watched someone I know blow their brains out in front of me I definitely wouldn't want to talk about it for a while.

RealSNR 12-01-2012 09:55 PM

Wow. What time will that be?

loochy 12-01-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9169641)
You can't unsee something like that, and it's probably going to haunt him for the rest of his life.

Even more reasons that Belcher was a piece of crap

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9169646)
Wow. What time will that be?

When the K-State game is over.

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 09:57 PM

If someone can post it for us out-of-staters, it would be appreciated.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 09:58 PM

I saw him on the 9 pm edition and he basically said that Pioli was devastated and quite upset with what he saw. Said this family is a team and one if it's family members has suffered an unspeakable tragedy. He said this would stay with and effect Scott for the rest of his life.

There was not an interview of him just Len rehashing their conversation.

HMc 12-01-2012 10:01 PM

Crennel doesn't know why it happened.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 10:01 PM

It's an off-camera interview apparently. Don't think Pioli will be shown.

loochy 12-01-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9169672)

I want to laugh, but I'm afraid someone here will go off on me.

MoreLemonPledge 12-01-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9169672)

He was just standing there and then...BOOM. Expended.

...I'm going to hell.

Dayze 12-01-2012 10:13 PM

I keep repeatedly stumbling over the title of the thread and see "Lemmy" instead of "Lenny"
For a second I thought "Wow...Pioli is a cool MF to bring in Lemmy"

HMc 12-01-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9169716)
I keep repeatedly stumbling over the title of the thread and see "Lemmy" instead of "Lenny"
For a second I thought "Wow...Pioli is a cool MF to bring in Lemmy"

same here...weird

Deberg_1990 12-01-2012 10:14 PM

Pioli is so devastated by this he resigns tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

HMc 12-01-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9169724)
Pioli is so devastated by this he reigns tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

every cloud...(assuming you meant resigns)

Chief Roundup 12-01-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9169724)
Pioli is so devastated by this he resigns tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Resigning would do nothing to help himself. This event will be with him forever no matter where he is employed.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 10:41 PM

Seeing the people on the news weeping over this girl should drive home the point that Belcher needs to be permanently erased from our memories.

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9169688)

...I'm going to hell.

Awesome. Well.done sir.

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9169827)
Resigning would do nothing to help himself. This event will be with him forever no matter where he is employed.

This.moment defines piolis tenure.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 10:44 PM

Len Dawson after talking to Pioli: "I saw a man that was hurting. He really was hurting."

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9169842)

Len Dawson after talking to Pioli: "I saw a man that was hurting. He really was hurting."

Big ****ing deal if he is hurting.

BourbonMan 12-01-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9169830)
Seeing the people on the news weeping over this girl should drive home the point that Belcher needs to be permanently erased from our memories.

Agree

lcarus 12-01-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9169830)

Yep. If I was witness to his suicide I think I would get over it. I definitely don't think it will "haunt Pioli and Crennel for the rest of their lives" or whatever bullshit. Yeah I'm sure it's a moment they won't soon forget, but if it was me...the ****er chose to murder someone and then chose to murder himself. I can't feel that bad for him. I mean, yeah, it's a shame the guy had whatever mental issues that probably caused him to murder and kill himself, but ultimately he's an asshole.

-King- 12-01-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9169833)

No it doesn't. ROFLROFLROFL

loochy 12-01-2012 10:50 PM

Belcher = Chris Benoit Lite

Baby Lee 12-01-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9169843)

The ****?!?!?

I would care if Michael Moore, The Octomom, The Kardashians, whoever that **** is that beat on Rhianna, etc., etc. was hurting after witnessing something like Pioli did.

lcarus 12-01-2012 10:50 PM

Matt Cassel defines Pioli's tenure. This shit had nothing to do with ****ing Pioli.

Baby Lee 12-01-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9169855)
Yep. If I was witness to his suicide I think I would get over it. I definitely don't think it will "haunt Pioli and Crennel for the rest of their lives" or whatever bullshit. Yeah I'm sure it's a moment they won't soon forget, but if it was me...the ****er chose to murder someone and then chose to murder himself. I can't feel that bad for him. I mean, yeah, it's a shame the guy had whatever mental issues that probably caused him to murder and kill himself, but ultimately he's an asshole.

Bud Dwyer was an embezzling asshole, doesn't make the footage of his life spurting out of the hole in his head less distressing.

Witnessing even Hitler's last moments would probably stick with you for a while.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 10:53 PM

The Chiefs Hall of Famer spoke with the Chiefs GM following Saturday's tragedy.
Facebook
Twitter

Given the events at Arrowhead on Saturday morning we weren't expecting Kansas City Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel to say anything publicly. This is something far beyond football and they need to get right.

KMBC's Len Dawson spoke with Pioli as the Chiefs GM left the practice facility on Saturday. Dawson said in Saturday night's telecast:

"I saw a man that was hurting," Dawson said. "He really was hurting. Generally he has a lot of control over himself and his situations but he had no control over this situation. He loves the team and the players, and he lost one of his players, part of his family. And he could do nothing about it.

"The mayor was talking about what it was like. I can't imagine what it's like for Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel to see a man put a gun to his head and pull the trigger. That image is going to stay with them, I'm sure, for the rest of their lives."

I am so far removed from what happened, not really knowing Jovan Belcher. But it's still one of those things where I will always remember where I was when I heard what happened.

loochy 12-01-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9169877)
"He really was hurting. Generally he has a lot of control over himself and his situations but he had no control over this situation.

:facepalm:

THAT's what this is about?

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2012 10:56 PM

Re-elect Scott Pioli

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 10:57 PM

KMBC just mentioned us canceling activities. :clap:

Chief Roundup 12-01-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9169833)

Quote:

Real nice. People will remember. Ever heard of Karma. You have some coming.

Al Bundy 12-01-2012 11:01 PM

There are some real ****faces on this board.

Mother****erJones 12-01-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9169924)

This would be on all teams boards. You got **** faces of all teams

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9169913)

Thanks. Probably a lot for feeling bad for the girl who's left to.wonder why.

stonedstooge 12-01-2012 11:04 PM

Did some of the players witness what happened today or were Pioli and Crennel the only ones? Quinn talked about not even being allowed in the area

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 11:05 PM

Sooo yeah, there's nothing really worth posting.

Thanks for trolling us KMBC!

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9169924)

Always has been

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9169688)

...I'm going to hell.

Pioli may have made an error in judgement on Belcher being part of "the right 53".

bobinkc 12-01-2012 11:13 PM

Best execution of the season for the Chiefs.

stevenidol 12-01-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Love the internet tough guys.

DTLB58 12-01-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9169979)
Love the internet tough guys.

Yea, please. :huh:

gblowfish 12-01-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9169971)

Just what we need right now. A bunch of lame nOObs that post obvious "jokes" that aren't funny at all. Two people are dead, dickhead. This is real life stuff.

Chief Roundup 12-01-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9169971)

**** you asshole. That is not funny at all or on any level.
But you are just a regular that wants to post some nasty shit but doesn't have the balls to do it under his normal user id because you know the hell you deserve for saying this stuff.
Again **** you asshole. May god have mercy on your soul.

ROYC75 12-01-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Nonsense, you just don't know what it is like to be in a place where you could possibly make a difference in a person's life, yet not be able to help them due to their own choosing.

1978, I worked for the volunteer fire department & rescue squad in the town I grew up in. We got a call in the early afternoon on a traffic accident 5 miles south of town. I always kept my gear in the car, I left work at the local gas station and beat the units in place, 1st on the scene. All I had at the time of arrival was my personal fire gear, no tools from the truck or responding units.

As I arrived, I found a 1972 Chevy PU in flames in the engine compartment. Of all the cars backed up on this 2 lane road, nobody anywhere had a fire or extinguisher or any kind of heavy tools, bars, etc. to help pry a guy trapped behind the wheel. The fire truck was a good 3 - 4 minutes away and the flames are getting worst as the oil & fuel starts to burn.

The horrifying screams,the burnt flesh, the shock in disbelief of standing there not being able to do anything was a very hard thing to handle. Has it stayed with me my whole life ? Uh, Yeah, sure in time , time heals, but it did take some time to do just this. Here I am, a 20 + year old kid and seeing my first death, in a very horrible turn of events.

I got back into my car after the clean up, I had left the radio on and heard Michael Johnson's "Bluer Than Blue" song. To this day, if I ever hear it, it brings back that memory.

A year later as a police officer in the same town, a kid my brother grew up with that was a good friend of the family was killed in a motorcycle accident. An hour earlier I had stopped the driver of the cycle to calm down as he drove through town, I told Robert the passenger he needed a helmet on. He told he would but didn't, we picked him up off the pavement faced down, dead after bouncing down the road.

Same song about an hour later came on.... That song triggers memories of incidents in the past.

But time heals, it does have some lasting consequences to some people.

Austin Ed 12-01-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

I concur

bobinkc 12-01-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9169992)
**** you asshole. That is not funny at all or on any level.
But you are just a regular that wants to post some nasty shit but doesn't have the balls to do it under his normal user id because you know the hell you deserve for saying this stuff.
Again **** you asshole. May god have mercy on your soul.

Good God. Calm down. Worse things than this happen every minute in the world (see Syria for example) and no one gives a shit. Just because this was a football player we should get all worked up?

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9170003)
Good God. Calm down. Worse things than this happen every minute in the world (see Syria for example) and no one gives a shit. Just because this was a football player we should get all worked up?

Its because he was a chiefs player. If this happened in Denver or Oakland, this.place would be a riot. But oh he was a chief. We must not make fun of the murderer.

Chiefs=Champions 12-01-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Oh for ****s sake. There are other people effected here. Thats the point. You're making fun of a situation where a daughter now has no parents. Furthermore a bunch of people including the respective families are going through hell right now.

Its not about Belcher at all.

Chief Roundup 12-01-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

What was that you chickenshit mult?

Chief Roundup 12-01-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9170015)
Its because he was a chiefs player. If this happened in Denver or Oakland, this.place would be a riot. But oh he was a chief. We must not make fun of the murderer.

Yeah it has nothing to do with the fact that he was a human being. Sure we are all or should be closer to a Chiefs player but good god man people from all across the NFL included hated rivals are sending out condolences and prayers.
You are in the minority on your feelings. It goes directly to your character sir. You have a lot of bad Karma.

bobinkc 12-01-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9170039)
What was that you chickenshit mult?

That's a new one. Have to give you an A for originality. What is a chickenshit mult?

If this was a factory worker...no one...and I mean no one would care. Shit happens. That is life. Get over yourself.

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9170044)
Yeah it has nothing to do with the fact that he was a human being. Sure we are all or should be closer to a Chiefs player but good god man people from all across the NFL included hated rivals are sending out condolences and prayers.
You are in the minority on your feelings. It goes directly to your character sir. You have a lot of bad Karma.

Not close to any chiefs player. I don't owe them anything nor do they owe me anything. This is reality and life. Accept it and move on.

splatbass 12-01-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Pioli and Crennel knew and cared about Belcher. That makes it a lot harder to get over for them than it is for you.

bobinkc 12-01-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9170065)
Pioli and Crennel knew and cared about Belcher. That makes it a lot harder to get over for them than it is for you.

Pioli is still an asshole and neither one of them can do their jobs...this doesn't change anything....they both still need to be fired yesterday.

HoneyBadger 12-01-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9169913)

There's no such thing as ****ing karma. Are you 5 years old?

bobinkc 12-01-2012 11:54 PM

I can't believe people still believe in karma and god. What are we in the 1800's?

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-02-2012 12:07 AM

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP

Scott Pioli told Len Dawson on KC TV tonight that Jovan Belcher’s last words to coaches just before he killed himself were, “I love you.”

Phobia 12-02-2012 12:09 AM

Bob isn't a troll or a mult. He's a legitimate guy. Signed up under his company email address. Seems legit.

MMXcalibur 12-02-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9170105)
Bob isn't a troll or a mult. He's a legitimate guy. Signed up under his company email address. Seems legit.

Give it to Skip.

AussieChiefsFan 12-02-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9170097)
Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP

Scott Pioli told Len Dawson on KC TV tonight that Jovan Belcher’s last words to coaches just before he killed himself were, “I love you.”

wow

splatbass 12-02-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9170070)
Pioli is still an asshole and neither one of them can do their jobs...this doesn't change anything....they both still need to be fired yesterday.

That has nothing to do with what I said. Try to keep up.

bobinkc 12-02-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9170105)

I'm legit. Nothing wrong with speaking the truth. More people might try it.

AussieChiefsFan 12-02-2012 12:12 AM

Is there video of the interview?

bobinkc 12-02-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9170115)
Is there video of the interview?

It was an off-air conversation.

AussieChiefsFan 12-02-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9170117)
It was an off-air conversation.

okay

Ace Gunner 12-02-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9170113)

welcome to the most brilliant place in the universe blah blah blah.

Phobia 12-02-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9170113)

We've have a "bob" who either did a lot of trolling or was a mouth breather recently and you're going to be accused of being him a lot, especially posting strong opinions. Just tell them "I'm not that bob" and tell them to ask me if they have any other questions.

loochy 12-02-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9170124)
We've have a "bob" who either did a lot of trolling or was a mouth breather recently and you're going to be accused of being him a lot, especially posting strong opinions. Just tell them "I'm not that bob" and tell them to ask me if they have any other questions.

it would also be good to not be an idiot for a while

bobinkc 12-02-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9170128)

Point taken. I will try to play nicely until I get a few posts under my belt.

Phobia 12-02-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9170128)

JohninGpt 12-02-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9170081)
I can't believe people still believe in karma and god. What are we in the 1800's?

How about human decency? Is that outdated too?

bobinkc 12-02-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohninGpt (Post 9170139)
How about human decency? Is that outdated too?

Not sure what I have done to offend "human decency".

JohninGpt 12-02-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9170145)
Not sure what I have done to offend "human decency".

It's not about belcher anymore, it's about the people left behind. Losing domeone you csre about to suicide is gut wrenching and not something you just forget about and pretend didn't happen. We all want this team to get better, but stop being a hateful prick for a day or so and let them bury their dead.

bobinkc 12-02-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohninGpt (Post 9170169)
It's not about belcher anymore, it's about the people left behind. Losing domeone you csre about to suicide is gut wrenching and not something you just forget about and pretend didn't happen. We all want this team to get better, but stop being a hateful prick for a day or so and let them bury their dead.

Here is what I am afraid of.....there is a lot of sympathy for Pioli and Crennel....the Chiefs win a couple of games down the stretch....Clark is a pussy and can't man up and fire them....what a nightmare.

I just hope that everyone doesn't lose track of what an awful job they are doing and have done.

splatbass 12-02-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinkc (Post 9170176)
Here is what I am afraid of.....there is a lot of sympathy for Pioli and Crennel....the Chiefs win a couple of games down the stretch....Clark is a pussy and can't man up and fire them....what a nightmare.

I just hope that everyone doesn't lose track of what an awful job they are doing and have done.

There is a time and place for that. Right after a tragedy like this is not the time and place. Do you attack people at funerals?

bobinkc 12-02-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9170180)
There is a time and place for that. Right after a tragedy like this is not the time and place. Do you attack people at funerals?

No but this is a football message board and not a funeral. I just started here but it appears that people take themselves and this board a little too seriously.

DaneMcCloud 12-02-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9170180)

Do you shave or wax?