ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Please no more Orakpo talk (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=199798)

OnTheWarpath15 01-06-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 5361504)
Okay, something that hasnt come up much if Pioli is picked is will he trade down?

I have seen the Pats do it a few times, not always, but they are always about getting value for their picks. So if the value isnt there at #3, does he sell it to the highest bidder, even if the price is a little cheaper than normal?

Personally, I get a hardon when I think of Mays roaming on our side of the D.

Impossible to tell. New England has never really had to worry about need on draft day.

Mecca 01-06-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 5361499)
I'm just randomally guessing. He hasn't "declared" yet, and there's the matter of pro-days and workouts, etc.

I don't think he'd have bad workouts, he has pretty good speed for a QB, he's elusive and all that and his arm is a + arm there is nothing that would raise any flags.

bowener 01-06-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5361511)
I've seen some people knock his instincts which I think is bullshit...I've seen every game he's played and I've never seen a problem there.

He's a coachable guy and I've seen him say in interviews he basically has no social life because of all the time he spends watching film trying to be the best he can be.

That is what you want top hear when you are drafting and spending a ton of money on a young man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5361512)
Impossible to tell. New England has never really had to worry about need on draft day.

Very, very good point.

Mecca 01-06-2009 12:16 AM

Well New England dropped down last year for cap reasons they didn't really need a top 10 pick...but when they were building their team they rarely moved down.

They actually moved up for Ty Warren.

JohnnyV13 01-06-2009 12:44 AM

the biggest knock on sanchez is lack of starts...he's had what...16 career starts? A lot of those one year wonders turn out to be busts.

Quesadilla Joe 01-06-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyV13 (Post 5361561)
the biggest knock on sanchez is lack of starts...he's had what...16 career starts? A lot of those one year wonders turn out to be busts.

He is only a junior too, aren't all of the QB's jr's? I doubt Sanchez enters the draft because of that. Leinart decided not to come out his junior year and he would have probably been the number 1 pick. You don't want to gamble on a JR QB... Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell were JR's and it doesn't look like Russell will amount to much.

Extra Point 01-06-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutler7624 (Post 5361580)
and it doesn't look like Russell will amount to much.

Good point!

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutler7624 (Post 5361580)
He is only a junior too, aren't all of the QB's jr's? I doubt Sanchez enters the draft because of that. Leinart decided not to come out his junior year and he would have probably been the number 1 pick. You don't want to gamble on a JR QB... Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell were JR's and it doesn't look like Russell will amount to much.

If a franchise QB is there who's also the BPA one should never pass him up

Mecca 01-06-2009 01:02 AM

Roethlisberger was a JR too....

Personally drafting a QB is just knowing it, you don't just pass on a guy cause he's a junior or you think he didn't start enough games.

If you have a feeling about someone you should go for it. Sanchez has shown more in 1 season than alot of guys do in 3.

melbar 01-06-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5361410)
I hadn't really been overwhelmed by him before, and tonight didn't help his cause.

He'll be a workout warrior like Gholston was, and someone will fall in love with him because he has great workouts in a tee shirt and shorts.

I thought Gholston was a lock? A savior for the franchise lucky enough to draft him. What happened?

Can I mention according to some on the board Long was just an average LT that wouldnt make a difference to his team...:shake:

Quesadilla Joe 01-06-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5361586)

Personally drafting a QB is just knowing it, you don't just pass on a guy cause he's a junior or you think he didn't start enough games.

If you have a feeling about someone you should go for it. Sanchez has shown more in 1 season than alot of guys do in 3.

I couldn't find out what year QB's left school before the 2003 draft.

But from the 2003 draft til now Alex Smith, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Rex Grossman, and Roethlisburger were all picked in the first round and all left after their Jr. season.

I know that all the Sr. QB's drafted in the first round are not locks but I have always heard that you don't mess with Jr. QB's in the first round.

Mecca 01-06-2009 01:55 AM

I can give you other reasons than just being underclassman that those guys didn't work out....

Smith and Young were guys from spread offenses, Grossman wasn't from an NFL offense either, they all had other issues besides just being underclassmen.

Russell has issues just due to the team that picked him.

J Diddy 01-06-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5361586)

sounds like scott mitchell

keg in kc 01-06-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 5361481)
My concern is, if Stafford is gone, and Bradford is there on 3rd, I sure hope that we trade out to get in the 10-15 range, where we HOPE that Sanchez will be avaiable. Hell, I'll go somewhere between 6-8, and reach him a little bit, if I have to.

I think any trade down this year is a pipe-dream. There's a pretty decent chance this may end up being the last year for massive rookie contracts, so I don't see any way a team moving down doesn't get bent over and pounded raider-style. The teams at the top are all at a huge disadantage.

Mecca 01-06-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 5361617)
sounds like scott mitchell

You're just upset he made Penn States D look like swiss cheese.