ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Question for HD NFL Sunday ticket viewers... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164080)

DTLB58 06-05-2007 03:55 PM

Question for HD NFL Sunday ticket viewers...

I am thinking of upgrading to HD and I have NFL Sunday ticket.

I just got off the phone with DIRECTV (which I don't trust all of those people) Anyaways, here's my question.

He said if I get HD the only way my sunday ticket games are in HD is if I upgrade to the superfan pack which is another $99 a season....Is this true?

OnTheWarpath15 06-05-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58
I am thinking of upgrading to HD and I have NFL Sunday ticket.

I just got off the phone with DIRECTV (which I don't trust all of those people) Anyaways, here's my question.

He said if I get HD the only way my sunday ticket games are in HD is if I upgrade to the superfan pack which is another $99 a season....Is this true?

Yes, except for the HD games being shown on your local affiliates.

OnTheWarpath15 06-05-2007 04:06 PM

Oh, BTW.

Even with Superfan, not all games are in HD.

DTLB58 06-05-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
Oh, BTW.

Right, I knew that. But I didn't plan on paying another $100 on top of what I pay for sunday titcket after I get the HD reciever and service.

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Oh, BTW.

That's because Sumner Redstone and Leslie Moonves are too freakin' cheap to send out an HD camera crew to every game (unlike Fox).
:# :bang:

unlurking 06-05-2007 06:00 PM

Wish they would do an HD Team package or something. I'd pay $200 for the guarantee of all KC games in HD. $350 and an average of every other game in HD is pretty pricey. I usually only the Chiefs and the nationally televised games anyway.

If I remember right, the DirecTV exclusive rights contract expires after this season. My guess is they aren't going to be offering too many deals, trying to get the most money out of it before they either pony up more dough or let the cable companies in on it.

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
Wish they would do an HD Team package or something. I'd pay $200 for the guarantee of all KC games in HD. $350 and an average of every other game in HD is pretty pricey. I usually only the Chiefs and the nationally televised games anyway.

See my post above. Until CBS ponies up and sends HD crews to every AFC game in which they have the broadcast rights, there will be several games each week on CBS that are not in HD.

Fox, NBC & ESPN broadcasts every game in HD. So if you were an NFC fan, you'd be set.

ChiefsfaninPA 06-05-2007 06:16 PM

If you complain enough they will waive the $10 a month you pay for the HD service for 6 months(basically the regular season). It worked for me. I am sure if I try this year, I won't be so lucky.

Bugeater 06-05-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking

If I remember right, the DirecTV exclusive rights contract expires after this season. My guess is they aren't going to be offering too many deals, trying to get the most money out of it before they either pony up more dough or let the cable companies in on it.

God I hope you're right.

KCTitus 06-05-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Oh, BTW.

One other nice feature to the 'superfan' package is the ability to get every single game condensed (without commericals and all stoppages of play) on Monday.