ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Passing in the redzone is why Saunders should never be HC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131001)

The Bad Guy 12-11-2005 04:39 PM

Passing in the redzone is why Saunders should never be HC

LJ is tearing up the Cowboys and he decides to throw the ball twice in a row when the Cowboys would have used timeouts to stop the clock?

I don't care about how many yards this offense has put up, his desire to be too cute is the reason he should never be the HC of this team.

Rexx 12-11-2005 04:58 PM

I agree....I never post, just a lurker, but that play calling in the redzone may cost the Chiefs the game. Plus using the timeouts when there was no need to. Pathetic coaching.

farmerchief 12-11-2005 04:58 PM

I agree,,,run the dang ball inside the 10yd line,,,even if you get stuffed!!!

jjjayb 12-11-2005 04:58 PM

No kidding. Had the ball 2 other times in the 10 yard line and ran the ball. Scored on both drives. Why change what works? Don't change it till they make you change it. :cuss:

B2chiefsfan 12-11-2005 04:58 PM

Stupid.....Stupid......Stupid........:cuss:

The was the dumbest call of the year!!!!!!!!!!

Why didn't they at least have Richardson in there to block!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!

chiefsfaninNC 12-11-2005 05:01 PM

Just like the Buffalo game, coaching is going to lose this game.

Boyceofsummer 12-11-2005 05:01 PM

Agreed!

In addition, Green holding the ball that long...........................

Last week Green takes a delay of game penalty. STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this team would kill DV with the shit they pull this year. DV is gonna kill US with the shit he allows.

TAKE THE DEPENDS OFF DICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigermoose 12-11-2005 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
LJ is tearing up the Cowboys and he decides to throw the ball twice in a row when the Cowboys would have used timeouts to stop the clock?

I don't care about how many yards this offense has put up, his desire to be too cute is the reason he should never be the HC of this team.

over 2 minutes left to go at the start of the drive with 3 time outs, and the Chiefs come out throwing like we have no timeouts and a minute left , and they called time outs like it as well. WTF! :cuss:

ChiTown 12-11-2005 05:05 PM

Just give Larry the damn ball. I'm sick of Saunders. That fn idiot could f up a bread sandwich.

ChiTown 12-11-2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
Just give Larry the damn ball. I'm sick of Saunders. That fn idiot could f up a bread sandwich.

Like I said, just give LJ the ball.......... :)

the Talking Can 12-11-2005 06:56 PM

dumbest play call ever...but it is still the defens's fault...they were pathetic

007 12-11-2005 06:59 PM

Al Saunders is a complete idiot.

Mecca 12-12-2005 07:17 AM

No offense to anyones opinion of Al Saunders or wanting to run the ball but.......Larry Johnson has been averaging 30 carries a game with receptions since he became the starter. So you're looking at 33-36 touches a game for LJ since he became the starter.

If he continued that pace, for a 16 game season he'd break the single season record for carries and touches in a season by a player.

So let me ask this, if you don't think we're running enough why is he on a pace that would break the record for carries? If you gave a player this many touches over a very long span his career as a productive player wouldn't last very long.

30 carries a game is well above the league average for carries a game for 1 player. So what's the deal with this opinion that we don't run the ball enough? Do you want to kill LJ or shorten his career?

1adam1238 12-12-2005 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
No offense to anyones opinion of Al Saunders or wanting to run the ball but.......Larry Johnson has been averaging 30 carries a game with receptions since he became the starter. So you're looking at 33-36 touches a game for LJ since he became the starter.

If he continued that pace, for a 16 game season he'd break the single season record for carries and touches in a season by a player.

So let me ask this, if you don't think we're running enough why is he on a pace that would break the record for carries? If you gave a player this many touches over a very long span his career as a productive player wouldn't last very long.

30 carries a game is well above the league average for carries a game for 1 player. So what's the deal with this opinion that we don't run the ball enough? Do you want to kill LJ or shorten his career?

Are you shi^^&& me? They are saying we should have run him in the red zone...rest him at ohter times. AS is no Head Coach.....

jjchieffan 12-12-2005 07:29 AM

So Saunders made a couple of bad calls. Maybe he saw something in the defense he thought he could take advantage of. For the most part, he called a good game. Dallas gave up alot more than they usually do. Dont forget that AS called the plays that put us in postion for Tynes to kick, and we should have had more time left. The coaching staff was calling for a TO for at least 5-6 seconds before the last Dallas TD. That would have given Green one crack at the endzone. Too many whatifs to blame AS. Dont forget, he called the plays right last week to beat the donkeys