ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fatlock: After Philly fiasco, why is Reid hot? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268450)

DaKCMan AP 01-04-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9278739)
Fair enough.

I'll give him credit for not mentioning Brian Kelly, who he's been pimping hard as the "best coach on the market." Although I haven't seen anywhere that he's "on the market."

True. I expected him to talk about Kelly at some point. As for his availability, if he's not off the market then he's on the market.

WhiteWhale 01-04-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9278722)
Whitlock is the most polarizing writer I know of. When I agree with him, I love his work. When I disagree or he says things I don't want to hear, I wish he'd just piss off.

That just means he's good.

KCUnited 01-04-2013 09:00 AM

He does have some fair points, however, when you know you are coming to the end of your tenure in a city, you tend to make some moves that you may not normally make due to pressure. Starting over in KC, Reid will have plenty of time to just make the playoffs.

Reerun_KC 01-04-2013 09:01 AM

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6073/6...2f40b5d699.jpg

MahiMike 01-04-2013 09:01 AM

Interesting. I also said Andy is the next Marty. They both had successful yet traumatic experiences in their previous gig. If Andy can be as successful as Marty, it'd at least put us back to 1993.

Reerun_KC 01-04-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9278753)
He does have some fair points, however, when you know you are coming to the end of your tenure in a city, you tend to make some moves that you may not normally make due to pressure. Starting over in KC, Reid will have plenty of time to just make the playoffs.

For example: Bones, Thugs and Marty...

bricks 01-04-2013 09:24 AM

"Quick" is an operative word and seems logical when you apply it to some of life's situations and circumstances.

In my opinion, the Chiefs needed to act quick because Reid instantly qualified as a hot commodity in the coaching market. Had they been passive in this situation; he would've been snagged away from them either by Arizona or SD.

What's more surprising to me is how the Chiefs acted quick/aggressive rather than passive. That's just unusual because it uncharacteristic of who they are.

*This situation is kind of like that "hot chick" at the bar that other men want. If you don't act as quick as possible; chances are other men will act quicker and possibly steal her away from you.

ptlyon 01-04-2013 09:33 AM

Didn't read it, but was one of his arguments was that Reid is white?

DaKCMan AP 01-04-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9279175)
Didn't read it, but was one of his arguments was that Reid is white?

Didn't read this post, but was one of your slights about race?

Mother****erJones 01-04-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9278702)
Hey, he has some good points.

On a side note, it is possible that Clark wanted Reid last year, and with Philly going 4-8 he expected him to be available.

Maybe that's why we got stuck with Crennel.

Kiss ur cat its a happy day!!

ChiefMojo 01-04-2013 09:54 AM

Jason did make some good points but he did act like taking a chance was to risky mentality.

Andy Reid to KC made sense on so many levels. We have to hope he is re-energized and change in scenery/staff is what he needed.

Buehler445 01-04-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9278763)

Quit it assface. There are two hours until lunch.

Steron 01-04-2013 09:58 AM

I really wanted to be able to bash Fatty after reading this but I can't. He made some valid points.

Buehler445 01-04-2013 10:01 AM

Anyway, I'm not cumming all over myself for the Reid hire. (I am cumming all over myself because Fat Scott is gone) But of all the retreads I think he's the best though.

It's going to suck if Chip Kelly is successful in the NFL though. He may not of come here, but it's who I wanted. We need innovators, which Reid was, 15 years ago. But I'm afraid we are in re-tread mode when the league is moving a different direction (zone read elements, running QBs, spreading it out some). Maybe the pendulum will swing back to traditional football, but damn. Another retread? :sulk:

BDB 01-04-2013 10:23 AM

All this is for not anyway. KC is a place where coaches go to die. There are certain franchises that simply have that stench about them them ala Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, and of course, KC. With having to face Peyton Manning style and John Fox defensenses the next 3 years, Reid will be unceremoniously sh*tcanned in two seasons and cordinating offense at the Univeristy of Louisville. KC is a team stacked with defensive pro bowlers, and yet they hire a coach shown to be inept at defense? Once again, a franchise with a stench, simply can't get out of its own way.