ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Prison Bitch 08-13-2013 09:03 AM

Don't start blaming the fans for any of this. Don't even start.

KCUnited 08-13-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9880833)
There are a lot people in this thread that are coming back for crow after demanding sell, sell, sell.

I'm glad they kept him, he was struggling at the time, probably wouldn't have commanded much.

DeezNutz 08-13-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9880841)
I thought they should sell. EDIT: In retrospect, according to Buster Olney and others, there really wasn't much of a market even for Santana. The Cubs had to go begging for other teams interested in Garza to create a market outside of the Rangers.

But I never stopped being a fan, and although I still don't think they make the playoffs, I'm enjoying them winning. My goal for the rest of the year is to keep playing well and avoid those classic Royal cave-ins -- no more 8-game losing streaks or a 4-19 September.

Then have a strong offseason and shoot for the playoffs in 2014.

All of this.

The current run almost certainly isn't sustainable. However, I would have told you at the break that this run itself is almost certainly impossible.

So, hey, time to enjoy the ride.

mr. tegu 08-13-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9880840)
Not me.

I wanted buy, buy, buy. I was all in for the whole ****ing thing after the All Star break. Win the whole ****ing thing.

Me too. I know that the end of the all star break mad it tough but I just couldn't get over a feeling I have had about this team. That is why I made the post that this season would be turned into a movie at some point. :D

I know we still have a ways to go but we are making great progress. I just wish I would have put in writing a long time ago what I was thinking which was that Hosmer would finish the year batting over .300.

Prison Bitch 08-13-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 9880744)
I was at the game Saturday, this town is excited about this team. Had to be over 35K in attendance. Can't even go to the store without the cashier talking about the Royals. What an idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Our mismanagement has been so long and so severe that we've essentially lost an entire generation of fans. Some of them have become soccer fans instead. I don't have any issue with that sport like some here do, I just don't find the appeal to it at all. I went to a game at Sporting Park and wondered why anyone over age 18 would be so into it.

We had 38k Sat but they had 20k. I guess it would be nice if our young people were into baseball and went to the K instead of watching that niche sport out there.

mr. tegu 08-13-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9880847)
I'm glad they kept him, he was struggling at the time, probably wouldn't have commanded much.

Who was struggling?

nychief 08-13-2013 09:09 AM

Neyer is the worst... he has never been able to write a lick and his career is now in the shitter, now writing for SB nation... plus he has a speech impediment that killed him on TV.

KCUnited 08-13-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9880858)
Who was struggling?

Crow.

Saul Good 08-13-2013 09:22 AM

I still disagree with the Myers trade and keeping Santana. That said, I'm still going to enjoy the benefits while they last. Disagreeing with the long term strategy and acknowledging the short term success aren't mutually exclusive.

mr. tegu 08-13-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9880863)
Crow.

I meant eat their crow. I am not sure anyone wanted to trade Crow.

Saul Good 08-13-2013 09:25 AM

Aaron Crow is 7-3 with a sub 2 ERA. I didn't realize his numbers were that good. His peripherals aren't great, but that's an impressive line.

Deberg_1990 08-13-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9880878)
I still disagree with the Myers trade and keeping Santana. That said, I'm still going to enjoy the benefits while they last. Disagreeing with the long term strategy and acknowledging the short term success aren't mutually exclusive.

As long as the Royals keep winning, we can't really complain much. As long as Moose and Hosmer keep developing, we won't miss Myers as much. I'd still like to see Butler get more power, but I think he is what he is at this point.

mr. tegu 08-13-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9880886)
As long as the Royals keep winning, we can't really complain much. As long as Moose and Hosmer keep developing, we won't miss Myers as much. I'd still like to see Butler get more power, but I think he is what he is at this point.

Billy can have the power as we saw last year. His issue is that he is natural hitter but not necessarily a natural athlete who can get by without working hard to maintain his power. Last season he came in in better shape and it showed in his power numbers. This season, he seemed to come in expecting the same results without putting in the same work and it shows in his power numbers.

alnorth 08-13-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9880886)

For me it is pretty simple: if we make the playoffs this year or next year, we win the trade even if Myers turns into an annual MVP contender. If we miss the playoffs this year and next, we lose the trade.

Messier 08-13-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9880898)
For me it is pretty simple: if we make the playoffs this year or next year, we win the trade even if Myers turns into an annual MVP contender. If we miss the playoffs this year and next, we lose the trade.

There's no both teams came out looking good option? I think that's what I take away from it.