ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Miami reporter says we signed McIntosh (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159157)

BigRock 03-03-2007 02:22 PM

Miami reporter says we signed McIntosh

Quote:

Source: Chiefs sign former Dolphins LT McIntosh to six-year contract

By Alex Marvez
Sun -Sentinel
Posted March 3 2007, 2:51 PM EST

Kansas City signed former Dolphins left tackle Damion McIntosh today to a six-year contract, a source said. Financial terms weren't immediately available.

The Chiefs are hoping McIntosh help provides stability to an offensive line that struggled in 2006 following the preseason retirement of left tackle Willie Roaf.

The Dolphins allowed McIntosh to test the market after being unable to reach agreement with the Dolphins on a contract extension. It's uncertain who the Dolphins will now assign to play left tackle, as McIntosh had started 41 of the past 48 games at the position over the past three seasons.

McIntosh played collegiately at Kansas State after being recruited out of Hollywood McArthur High.

mikeyis4dcats. 03-03-2007 02:23 PM

EMAW!

Silock 03-03-2007 02:23 PM

Lame.

Mecca 03-03-2007 02:24 PM

I hope that's a joke.......a 6 year contract for another scrub....

mikeyis4dcats. 03-03-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca

if it means we're showing JB the door, so be it.

Halfcan 03-03-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca

For once I agree with you. Carl needs to go. :shake:

Boltergeist 03-03-2007 02:27 PM

Good gawd. I'm not here to bash, but just seeing his name again makes me want to hurl. He was the uber turnstile when he was with us...and I don't think he got much better in Miami.

Boltergeist 03-03-2007 02:27 PM

Honestly, I would take Jordan Black any day of the week over McIntosh. He is absolutely horrible.

DaWolf 03-03-2007 02:28 PM

I'm guessing the deal didn't break any banks.

Who is better, him or Black? Cause I didn't see many alternatives out there...

Mecca 03-03-2007 02:29 PM

They both suck......we aren't a damn Bowl team, we should have probably just put a CHEAP scrub over there instead of an expensive scrub.

DaWolf 03-03-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltergeist
Honestly, I would take Jordan Black any day of the week over McIntosh. He is absolutely horrible.

Have you seen much of Black or is McIntosh THAT bad?

Rain Man 03-03-2007 02:30 PM

Whether he's better than Black or not, the bottom line is that he's a starter at left tackle for another team, and he'll come in and compete for the position, which is our worst need. I've got no problem with that.

This makes me think that we're drafting either a WR or a DT with our first pick, though.

Reaper16 03-03-2007 02:30 PM

6 fricken years?

Ultra Peanut 03-03-2007 02:31 PM

Don't the Dolphins have, y'know, the worst offensive line in any level of football except Pop Warner?

L.A. Chieffan 03-03-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Whether he's better than Black or not, the bottom line is that he's a starter at left tackle for another team, and he'll come in and compete for the position, which is our worst need. I've got no problem with that.

This makes me think that we're drafting either a WR or a DT with our first pick, though.

I pretty much feel the same way. There's no doubt we need help on the line.
I don't really care too much about the contract length either as opposed to how much he got in signing bonuses.