ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If we are trading Jared Allen....... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183235)

CoMoChief 04-19-2008 03:42 PM

If we are trading Jared Allen.......

Why not trade TonyG, LJ, and Brian Waters as well???

I'm serious though. Everyone's argument now is Jared Allen almost won't be tradeable by the time we could possibly be SB contenders due to what his age will be by then. Brian Waters is 30 and TonyG is over 30 but still is a HOF, and LJ will be 32 by the time we can compete.

I bet NE would offer us a 2nd or 3rd for TonyG. Some team would give maybe a first rounder or 2nd at worst for LJ, and who knows with Waters, certainly a first day pick.

What's the point of keeping these guys around if we are in this full rebuilding mode to where we are willing to trade away our young superstar defensive player????

Mind boggling if you ask me.

noa 04-19-2008 03:46 PM

Truer words have never been spoke.

The logic is undeniable.

keg in kc 04-19-2008 03:47 PM

We should have traded Gonzalez and LJ both last season, and I think you'll find I'm not the only person that believes that.

Waters we have to keep, because we just don't have enough veteran offensive linemen.

As for the redneck, well, if our "young superstar defensive player" was even remotely willing to stay here, I'm sure we wouldn't be nearly as willing to trade him.

This is his doing.

Mama Hip Rockets 04-19-2008 03:47 PM

might as well.

i don't know why there is anybody on this team over the age of 25.

OnTheWarpath15 04-19-2008 03:52 PM

I believe 100% that if the cap hits weren't so big, they'd be pushing to trade LJ and TG too.

And FWIW, this has little/nothing to do with Allen's age when we're in a position to compete.

It has everything to do with his off the field behavior.

Resigning him to a long term deal is a HUGE risk, especially when he's publicly stated his demands to be traded, both this year AND last year.

Shox 04-19-2008 03:58 PM

There is only one reason we are being FORCED to trade JA. CARL PETERSON. This is not a organizational philosophy to rebuild. CP pissed JA off and I believe he has told them they better trade him because he will never sign another contract with the CP/Chiefs.

I think JA is being a little childish about the matter, as he is the one who got himself in trouble. With that said, CP and his public comments sealed JAs fate.

I also believe CP is the reason we never even got a sniff at some of their FA targets. Players and agents are tired of CPs crap, so they don't even bother talking to the Chiefs.

The Chiefs will never be a contender with CP in charge, so it really doesn't matter if you trade Gonzo, LJ or whoever.

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2008 04:01 PM

Are we going to have to put up with the "Let's Trade LJ" bullshit for one more week?

For the last time, he can't be traded. He was given a $19 million dollar signing bonus. It would devastate the Chiefs cap to eat that, let alone the embarrassment it would cause the Chiefs organization and Clark Hunt in particular.

Regardless, who's gonna trade for him? No one offer jackshit last year and this year, he's coming off of a season-ending injury.

So do you just want to give him away?

JFC. 8,500 posts. Apparently, you just post, you don't read.

Halfcan 04-19-2008 04:28 PM

trade Tony G-yeah okay

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 4695607)
There is only one reason we are being FORCED to trade JA. CARL PETERSON. This is not a organizational philosophy to rebuild. CP pissed JA off and I believe he has told them they better trade him because he will never sign another contract with the CP/Chiefs.

I think JA is being a little childish about the matter, as he is the one who got himself in trouble. With that said, CP and his public comments sealed JAs fate.

I also believe CP is the reason we never even got a sniff at some of their FA targets. Players and agents are tired of CPs crap, so they don't even bother talking to the Chiefs.

The Chiefs will never be a contender with CP in charge, so it really doesn't matter if you trade Gonzo, LJ or whoever.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Allen's continual DUI's at EVERY level (high school, college and two in the NFL) have NOTHING to do with this decision, right? The Chiefs should just pay him $78 million dollars, knowing full well that ONE slipup and he's suspended for a year?

NO. F**king. Way.

Trade him NOW. His value will never be higher.

OnTheWarpath15 04-19-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4695671)
Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Allen's continual DUI's at EVERY level (high school, college and two in the NFL) have NOTHING to do with this decision, right? The Chiefs should just pay him $78 million dollars, knowing full well that ONE slipup and he's suspended for a year?

NO. F**king. Way.

Trade him NOW. His value will never be higher.

Exactly.

Peterson's comments sealed Allen's fate?

I guess the truth stings a little bit. Allen WAS and IS a player at risk.

Jesus. Carl's 100% honest and the fanbase is crucifying him over it.

Hammock Parties 04-19-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4695753)
Jesus. Carl's 100% honest and the fanbase is crucifying him over it.

To be perfectly honest, he's not been 100 percent honest. Not with Allen, who has claimed for months now that he was lied to.

Considering Carl's history I'm siding with Allen on this one.

Skip Towne 04-19-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4695760)
To be perfectly honest, he's not been 100 percent honest. Not with Allen, who has claimed for months now that he was lied to.

I heard Carl lied to Trent Green too. A pretty good source.

Hammock Parties 04-19-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4695767)
I heard Carl lied to Trent Green too. A pretty good source.

Good point, Skip. A lot of people have forgotten about that.

And of course Carl's super-honest ways led him to fire Gunther behind his back.

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4695760)

Who gives a sh*t who you're siding with?

Allen's a mess and has always been a mess. If it weren't for the money, the guy would be sitting in a bar right now drinking his ass of right now.

And quite frankly, I think he'll get another DUI before his career is finished. The guy has had a lifelong problem with alcohol and that's not just "cured" in one off-season.

Hammock Parties 04-19-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 4695770)
Who gives a sh*t who you're siding with?

Surf's up BIG KAHUNA!