ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Do they still believe?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=6586)

b-squared 09-10-2000 08:11 PM

I think a question that must be asked regarded our Chiefs at this stage is: do they still have confidence in their ability to win football games. Counting last year and preseason it has been 8 straight losses and counting now, and with the loss of our most vocal leader on defense, it is possible these guys no longer believe in their abilities. Does this fall at the feet of the players?? The coaches?? These last few games have left us all scratching our heads.

Mark-
searching for answers.

b-squared 09-10-2000 08:13 PM

P.S.
I do intend this thread as a negative attempt to bash this team... I saw a lot of good things out there today, and I believe they played their hearts out today. However, sometimes even talented players need some leadership to inspire confidence in their ability to compete at the highest level.

Mark-
knows what a difference #58 could make.

Chief Henry 09-10-2000 08:16 PM

are you reffering to hasty??

what is his injury?

b-squared 09-10-2000 08:20 PM

Sun-
Excellent point, the loss of #40 James Hasty was a crucial one down the stretch of today's game. However, in that last post I was referring more directly to the loss of #58 Derrick Thomas in the offseason. It seems that his loss leaves us only with James Hasty as a resident elder on the defense. The question that recurred to me as I watched today's collapse was... does this team still believe in themselves?? Does lack of leadership on the field factor into this?? How about the questionable calls from the coaches box??

Mark

DIEHARDCHIEF 09-10-2000 08:24 PM

Revolver-

I hope they still believe because they've played well. Let's face it, KC doesn't have the same talent as The Titans and Colts. Our young defense has played well, not great, but well. We were in a position to win both of these games, we took a great team to OT, and haven't been embarrassed. Duane Clemons is stepping up: 2 sacks, 7 solo tackles. This is a young defensive secondary, especially, with Hasty out. I like what the D has shown.

Our running game has struggled, no doubt. This can be attributed to a number of things. First and foremost the lack of a stud, feature back. Second, the predictability of the play calling. It's tough to run with "11 in the box!" Finally, Szott is really an unsung hero in the trenches and we haven't been the same without him.

We must get the O on track and get them scoring. More Gonzo, more SlyMo, more Zander, more KLock. Week 3, SD at home, is a crucial, must win game. If this team loses at home to SD they should lose thier confidence...

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

Chief Henry 09-10-2000 08:25 PM

i agree with you somewhat but i also believe that if hasty doesnt get injured....the chiefs win......we had one too many rookies in the secondary in the forth quarter...

i havent heard yet what exactly his injury was....or how serious it is.....they were too busy worrying about mcnair on tv to find out what happened to hasty