ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Possible Chiefs\Saints trade (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183628)

C-Mac 04-25-2008 09:22 AM

Possible Chiefs\Saints trade

McShay's blog...

DE Chris Long will be the Chiefs' pick if he's available, but should he be off the board Kansas City will want to retreat. swapping first-round picks with New Orleans and bringing [Jamaal]Brown into the fold would be an attractive scenario, as the Chiefs could then opt for another offensive lineman at No. 10 or get a much better value on their preferred defensive end, Derrick Harvey. And don't forget that extra picks beyond the swap of first-rounders would likely be included as well, so this would be a hard deal for Kansas City to turn down.

C-Mac 04-25-2008 09:23 AM

Saints dangling Brown, hoping to move up for Dorsey
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10797100/rss

Pete Prisco April 24, 2008
By Pete Prisco
CBSSports.com Senior Writer

The New Orleans Saints are trying hard to move up in Saturday's draft for a shot to draft defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey of LSU, and one of the pieces they are shopping in a trade is left tackle Jammal Brown, according to a league source.

Brown, who has 43 starts in his three seasons in the league, is considered one of the better young tackles in the game, although his play dropped off some in 2007.

Brown went to the Pro Bowl in 2006 as a second-year player and was named to the All-Pro team. The decision to include Brown in trade talks shows the seriousness of the Saints and their want for Dorsey.

To get to Dorsey, the Saints would likely have to work out a deal with the St. Louis Rams to get the second pick. The Rams also like Dorsey, so it might be tough to pry that pick away. The Saints own the 10th pick in the first round, and Dorsey would certainly be gone by then.

The Atlanta Falcons, who own the third pick, are also interested in Dorsey. They could move up to the second spot to make sure the Saints don't jump them to get Dorsey.

Brown was the 13th player taken in the 2006 NFL Draft. He started at right tackle as a rookie, so he can play both.

In 2006, Brown was charged with domestic abuse after his wife dialed 911 and told police her husband had struck here. The charges were later dropped.

eazyb81 04-25-2008 09:25 AM

So Kiper and McShay both are now saying we want Derrick Harvey?

eazyb81 04-25-2008 09:25 AM

Also, I don't see why we're involved in this. Dorsey will not be available at 5.

Mr. Laz 04-25-2008 09:26 AM

if the Saints can get Dorsey by moving up to our pick then we should just take Dorsey.

BigChiefFan 04-25-2008 09:27 AM

Anyone else think McShay has mutiple personalities? My God, McSchtick, pick a mock and stick with it. It's pretty obvious he doesn't know what the Chiefs are going to do.

Rooster 04-25-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 4708389)
if the Saints can get Dorsey by moving up to our pick then we should just take Dorsey.

Exactly.

eazyb81 04-25-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 4708389)

Yep. This makes zero sense.

Sure-Oz 04-25-2008 09:33 AM

**** the Saints, i'd rather us go after Dorsey

Reerun_KC 04-25-2008 09:35 AM

After this year, Chiefs fans will have their own version of the Jets draft day Youtube...

The meltdown this year is going to be priceless...

Time to pop up some popcorn, this is going to be good!

Frazod 04-25-2008 09:36 AM

I'll be glad when this is over. All this friggin speculation is driving my crazy. :banghead:

oaklandhater 04-25-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 4708411)
After this year, Chiefs fans will have their own version of the Jets draft day Youtube...

the meltdown wont be to bad as long has our number 5 is a d-linemen or a qb named ryan.

El Jefe 04-25-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 4708411)

It is going to be awesome to watch this place erupt.

keg in kc 04-25-2008 09:38 AM

Thankfully 36-hours from now we won't have to speculate any more.

oaklandhater 04-25-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4708420)
I'll be glad when this is over. All this friggin speculation is driving my crazy. :banghead:

same here seems like every mock I read has us takeing otah clady albert or tradeing down with our 5th pick makes me want to vomit.