ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Perfect Fit for Manning (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256654)

RustShack 03-01-2012 01:04 PM

We should have drafted Tebow when we had the chance. Obviously you need a QB who wins games, who cares about having a good passer at the position.

Whoever wins the NC next year, we need to draft that QB no matter what!

rico 03-01-2012 01:06 PM

So, IF we sign Manning, what does our QB depth look like? 1st: Manning, 2nd: Stanzi, 3rd: ? I am assuming we will cut Cassel if this happens, correct?

Sofa King 03-01-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8410187)
Then we should just suck for next years best QB, or hope for the best that Stanzi get's a shot and still take a QB with our top pick. I don't care I just want too see our own draft pick QB take over sooner than later & would hope he becomes the real deal & continue to look deep into drafts for QBs. Lord Tebow knows we havn't put stock in QB from the draft and our post season record for the past 40 years reflects that fact.

LMAO

Yeah, because our front office is going to want to lose on purpose.

OH! but if that doesn't work, we can just rely on our shitty 5th round QB that was so shitty he couldn't even get on the field in front of Tyler Palko! Awesome!

ClearmontChief 03-01-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8410241)
So, IF we sign Manning, what does our QB depth look like? 1st: Manning, 2nd: Stanzi, 3rd: ? I am assuming we will cut Cassel if this happens, correct?

Probably not. They've paid him most of his money. He's making only a bit more than backup money now...I think.

1. Manning, 2. Cassel, 3. Stanzi.

Plus, we've got all of our draft picks...maybe more with trade down still possibilities still strong.

I like the idea of Manning for 2-3 years, a lot. We've got most of the remaining pieces to go deep into the playoffs. Manning, and a solid draft with couple key FAs and we're in great shape. And, haven't mortgaged the draft or our future.

Rasputin 03-01-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8410241)

Pioli wont cut Cashell. He will be #2 as in Raiduhs #2 on the roster & #3Stanzi won't get looked at for another season nor will we be drafting a top tier QB, however they may still draft a QB with a late round pick or call up Uncle Rico for duty, he never got his chance & can still probly throw a football over mountain tops.

Sofa King 03-01-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClearmontChief (Post 8410251)
Probably not. They've paid him most of his money. He's making only a bit more than backup money now...I think.

Plus, we've got all of our draft picks...maybe more with trade down still possibilities still strong.

I like the idea of Manning for 2-3 years, a lot. We've got most of the remaining pieces to go deep into the playoffs. Manning, and a solid draft with couple key FAs and we're in great shape. And, haven't mortgaged the draft or our future.

They would be almost obligated to release Cassel to avoid all the (potential) chatter during the season and to show Manning and the public that this is Manning's team.

The Franchise 03-01-2012 01:14 PM

No way they release Cassel.....especially with Manning's neck. They'll keep Cassel around as a viable backup that knows the offense that could step in if Manning goes down.

rico 03-01-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClearmontChief (Post 8410251)

Thanks for the response.

If this is the case, I can't wait to see the pouty expression on Cassel's face when he is sitting on the bench. Vindictive? Yeah.... but vindictivity is inevitable with that dude.

ModSocks 03-01-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8410256)
They would be almost obligated to release Cassel to avoid all the (potential) chatter during the season and to show Manning and the public that this is Manning's team.

I dont think so.

It'd be pretty damn clear that it would be Manning's team. You don't bring Manning in to 'compete' with Cassel.

What I do worry about however, is that Pioli would think that he could continue to groom Cassel under the guidance of Manning, so that Cassel can continue his epic fail once Manning retires.

jd1020 03-01-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8410256)

Ummmm. If Manning came to KC I don't think the public would need confirmation by Cassel's release that it would be Manning's team.

rico 03-01-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8410253)
Pioli wont cut Cashell. He will be #2 as in Raiduhs #2 on the roster & #3Stanzi won't get looked at for another season nor will we be drafting a top tier QB, however they may still draft a QB with a late round pick or call up Uncle Rico for duty, he never got his chance & can still probly throw a football over mountain tops.

Oh man... if coach would have put Uncle Rico in 4th quarter.... he would have taken state.

Wilson8 03-01-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClearmontChief
Peyton's likely to don new colors in 2012. And it certainly will be awkward to see the Colts icon in a foreign uniform. But at least Manning could avoid having to pay a teammate on his new club for the rights to No. 18.

After all, nobody on the Chiefs wears that number.
It is probably already mentioned in 5 other threads but 18 has been retired. When KC brought in Joe Montana they asked Len Dawson if Joe could use his retired number and Len said no...so Montana wore 19. Maybe Manning could also wear 19. Brings up al kinds of marketing possibilities. Since Emmitt Thomas is on the staff, he might be willing to have Peyton wear it.

I've always thought it was silly to retire jersey numbers. The player should be honored, and the number should be remembered. With a limited number of jersey numbers and hopefully the NFL goes on for many, many, years, you start having problems giving out the needed jersey numbers. Letting a player wear an "honored" number would be one way of also paying respect and remembering that past player.

Rasputin 03-01-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8410245)
LMAO

Yeah, because our front office is going to want to lose on purpose.

OH! but if that doesn't work, we can just rely on our shitty 5th round QB that was so shitty he couldn't even get on the field in front of Tyler Palko! Awesome!

Long live medicrocracy & retread quarterbacks! No they are not going to lose on purpose duh. With Peyton Manning we can win plenty of games to hender our chances of drafting a top tier QB in next years draft and still fail in post season so history repeats itself. I'm not calling Stanzi be our future QB but want to see him over Cassel or bringing in Peyton so that we can continue to search the draft for our QBotf. We are not going get any where until Chiefs grow a set of balls with playing draft pick QBs perfurably from the first round pick of top of the class. JMHO. 30+ years gone with out picking a QB in the first & ****ing retreads to lead the way of sucking those years dry of glory.

ClearmontChief 03-01-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 8410269)
It is probably already mentioned in 5 other threads but 18 has been retired. When KC brought in Joe Montana they asked Len Dawson if Joe could use his retired number and Len said no...so Montana wore 19. Maybe Manning could also wear 19. Brings up al kinds of marketing possibilities. Since Emmitt Thomas is on the staff, he might be willing to have Peyton wear it.

I've always thought it was silly to retire jersey numbers. The player should be honored, and the number should be remembered. With a limited number of jersey numbers and hopefully the NFL goes on for many, many, years, you start having problems giving out the needed jersey numbers. Letting a player wear an "honored" number would be one way of also paying respect and remembering that past player.

Ah, Lenny wore 16...

huskerdooz 03-01-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 8410269)

Wrong. Lenny was #16. So was Joe in SF.