ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Denver - LMAO John Fox is a moron (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268807)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9318053)
Manning isn't the biggest choker of all time that goes to Tony Romo

Hootie loves him some chokers

gooch 01-14-2013 05:52 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think if flacco wins next weekend.he'll have the same amount of PO wins..lol

JD10367 01-14-2013 06:09 PM

Fox isn't the only culprit here. Peyton has always been ballwashed as being a "field general" capable of calling and changing plays. And, yet, for the whole game, both Fox and Manning played conservative. At both the end of the first half AND the end of the second half, the Ravens scored a TD and the Broncos had the ball with time and timeouts but, instead of trying for a score, they sat on it. They ran the ball a ridiculous amount of times (over 40 IIRC), including FIVE TIMES TO THE SAME GUY at the end. If I were a Broncos fan, I'd be beyond pissed.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-14-2013 06:38 PM

Trip to the AFC Championship on the line, defer to Slowshon, Hillman, and Whiteboy...

okoye35chiefs 01-15-2013 09:05 AM

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- John Fox would tell Peyton Manning to take the knee again.

John Elway, of all people, agreed with that call.

Given the ball at his 20 with 31 seconds, two timeouts and one of the best quarterbacks in the game, the Broncos coach decided to run out the clock and head to overtime.

Result: Baltimore 38, Denver 35. End of season in Broncoland.

Fox said he felt good about the decision when he made it Saturday, toward the end of one of the most disheartening losses in the franchise's history. After hashing it over during the last two sleepless nights, he stood by his decision.

"I'd do it again 10 times if it presented itself in that situation," he said Monday at Denver's season-ending news conference, where he was joined by Elway, the quarterback-turned-front office executive.

I told you Manning when we talked in the off season...john fox is and always will be an idiot!

ChiefPassesALot 01-15-2013 09:08 AM

Bunch of dumbasses. How do you lose that game?? haha!

GloryDayz 01-15-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPassesALot (Post 9320104)
Bunch of dumbasses. How do you lose that game?? haha!

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!

Chief Faithful 01-15-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9320098)

Given the ball at his 20 with 31 seconds, two timeouts and one of the best quarterbacks in the game, the Broncos coach decided to run out the clock and head to overtime.

Fox said he felt good about the decision when he made it Saturday, toward the end of one of the most disheartening losses in the franchise's history. After hashing it over during the last two sleepless nights, he stood by his decision.

"I'd do it again 10 times if it presented itself in that situation," he said Monday at Denver's season-ending news conference, where he was joined by Elway, the quarterback-turned-front office executive.

I told you Manning when we talked in the off season...john fox is and always will be an idiot!

Ask the Falcons if it is possible to move the ball into field goal range and kick the winner with 30 seconds left on the clock. When you have the best QB in the NFL engaged in a playoff game with 30 seconds on the clock and a chance to win it is the wrong time to crawl into a shell.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2013 07:08 PM

Donkeys have fired their DBs coach. Shocking.

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 07:44 PM

I'm pretty surprised people thought Denver should've thrown the ball with 30 seconds left in regulation from their own 20. That didn't surprise me in the least. What's so shocking about it? They ended up getting multiple possessions in OT anyway.

Had they just stopped the 3rd and Long in OT where Flacco completed the long seam pass from their own 5, they force a punt and likely get the ball at midfield.

Hootie 01-15-2013 07:46 PM

that last part is true and maybe they thought they'd have an edge in OT but either way they played not to lose and that's a great way not to win in the passing NFL

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2013 08:15 PM

They replaced him with Cory Undlin. He was with Jack Del Rio back in Jacksonville.

CoMoChief 01-15-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9320098)

Sleepless nights? If he's up all night thinking about this, then he completely made the wrong choice.