ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245442)

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8097547)
Lol. If that is the case. All you no talent assclowns with better connections get zero respect. You all are cheap. Real gamers play with shit connections.

Hmm.. I wonder if they throw in certain setups so people with better connections don't rape.

Edit. TW, better hurry up and install this business connection.. is their fastest connection overkill for games? :D

LOL, I sure am rocking super-fast internet in rural montana :shake:

Mr. Plow 11-10-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8097560)
I've never liked the ACOG until this gun either. Always seemed like such a pile of shit. I've tried snipers with ACOG's before but they've never really worked. I think the only reason it's working for me in MW3 is because it's the only thing that can slow me down. Otherwise I run into gun battles Rambo style. LMAO

I've always hated it when you HAD to use the ACOG to upgrade a gun...complete bullshit. I used to just go onto hardcore to do it because I'm only getting one shot off - if it takes two, I'm dead.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8097560)
I've never liked the ACOG until this gun either. Always seemed like such a pile of shit. I've tried snipers with ACOG's before but they've never really worked. I think the only reason it's working for me in MW3 is because it's the only thing that can slow me down. Otherwise I run into gun battles Rambo style. LMAO

Super-aggressive rambo-style run-n-gun is exactly why I like COD.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8097628)
I believe your connection speed only matters in relation to your connection speed to the host. Good connection to the host = no lag. Bad connection to the host = laggy balls.

This is correct.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8097635)
I've always hated it when you HAD to use the ACOG to upgrade a gun...complete bullshit. I used to just go onto hardcore to do it because I'm only getting one shot off - if it takes two, I'm dead.

No kidding. Same with using FMJ... It would take forever to get enough penetration kills to advance your weapon.

Mr. Plow 11-10-2011 02:04 PM

Now that Bearcat has changed my name back, it looks like I'm a guy who just enjoys molesting giant stuffed frogs.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097642)
Super-aggressive rambo-style run-n-gun is exactly why I like COD.

Me too. That's why i run and gun with a shotgun, and don't camp. But my K'd was so bad running and gunning in this one i HAD to force myself to slow up a bit. So i tried the sniper. I kept getting hammered when i tried to aim so i brought it down to an ACOG. It worked. So i've used it lately. Only probably got 75 kills or less with it, but it works. slows me down and keeps me alive.

Quesadilla Joe 11-10-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 8096830)
Has anyone been able to get into the elite web site? I signed up but can't get logged in...keep getting an error page.

ELITE SERVICE NOTICE
Latest update: November 10th, 7:30AM PST

Since Tuesday’s launch, Modern Warfare 3’s multiplayer has been working great. In fact, the amount of players online is even higher than what it was this time last year for Black Ops. Have fun -- we hope you continue to enjoy MW3 to the fullest.

However, on Call of Duty Elite, we are having trouble scaling the service to meet demand. Many of you are trying to get in and unfortunately, you can’t right now. You’re frustrated, we know it, and we know we need to fix it. Our teams have been working non-stop to identify issues and resolve them as quickly as possible. Again, these issues have no impact on the performance of the game.

We want to share with you what we know at this time and what we are doing:

At launch, our registration and login systems were crushed by gamers trying to enter the Elite site at the same time. We have now fixed the registration and login systems, but we have found that the greater than expected demand is crashing servers. We’re immediately deploying multiple additional servers to beef up the system. We are also going to temporarily limit access to Elite services on both the console applications and website while we build additional capacity and scale. We’ll look to increase access to greater numbers of users as soon as possible.

As more users log into the Elite system, you may find that the wait to get into Elite is longer than you expect. We know how frustrating that is and we appreciate your patience. Many of you are now able to see your player card and stats, but if you don’t see all your recent matches or career summary, don’t worry -- your gameplay data for your entire careers in both Black Ops and MW3 is safely stored, and it will all be available to you once these issues are resolved.

And for our premium members who are Founders, know that granting your status and delivering your in-game benefits in MW3 is a priority. Also, to ensure that every premium member receives their full money’s worth, we are immediately and automatically extending your membership to Call of Duty Elite by 30 days at no additional cost. If you’re still considering becoming a premium member, we’re going to extend Founder eligibility until the end of the month, and you will also receive the additional 30 days of access.

The Call of Duty Elite team will keep you updated at callofduty.com/elitestatus. Continue to check back here for overall Elite status or for a complete list of FAQs, check out our customer service site. We will also give you updates regularly through the official Twitter account, @CallOfDutyElite. Our top priority and sole focus is delivering the best possible service experience to our gamers and we’re sorry we’re off to a rocky start with Elite. We will not rest until Elite delivers the full set of features we promised you. We are committed to Call of Duty Elite for the long haul and are working around the clock to resolve these issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/status

Sofa King 11-10-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8097650)
Now that Bearcat has changed my name back, it looks like I'm a guy who just enjoys molesting giant stuffed frogs.

You've always looked like that guy, it's just now that we finally have proof.

Mr. Plow 11-10-2011 02:06 PM

Oh yeah....started off at a 1.4 k/d - got it up to a 1.90 last night after a few 20+/5- k/d games.

I topped out in BO at 2.35ish or so - I'd like to see if I can get it up to 2.75 this time around before I start ****ing around with the riot shield.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8097651)
Me too. That's why i run and gun with a shotgun, and don't camp. But my K'd was so bad running and gunning in this one i HAD to force myself to slow up a bit. So i tried the sniper. I kept getting hammered when i tried to aim so i brought it down to an ACOG. It worked. So i've used it lately. Only probably got 75 kills or less with it, but it works. slows me down and keeps me alive.

I've had a lot of success with the smg's in this game thusfar. There are very few maps that an assault rifle is even a viable option on, imo. the sight-lines are just too short. I haven't used a shotty for a primary yet, but I have picked up a couple and they seem pretty fun thusfar in this iteration.

WV 11-10-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8097651)

Meh...who cares about k/d. If I only played for that I may as well not play.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8097660)
Oh yeah....started off at a 1.4 k/d - got it up to a 1.90 last night after a few 20+/5- k/d games.

I topped out in BO at 2.35ish or so - I'd like to see if I can get it up to 2.75 this time around before I start ****ing around with the riot shield.

started off at 1.4 and rambo'd my way down to 1.12 trying ****ing shotguns and shit. Also, trying to win gun battles with sniper rifles at point blank is also a bad strategy. no matter how fast they seem to shoot, not aiming makes it hard to hit people.

But i'm gonna keep trying. :)

Quesadilla Joe 11-10-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097185)
The silenced spas required zero skill to be effective. It also is also the loadout of choice for the campers. It was cheap and that is a consensus from my network of friends which includes some highly skilled gamers. Quit getting all butthurt because I called your favorite set for what it is.

I don't think the Spas was cheap at all. I actually respected people who ran around with any shotgun in BLOPS because a rapid fire SMG or a Famas was actually better at close range most of the time.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8097660)

Jesus. I need some pro-tips from Mr. Plow. I'm sure if I slowed down and played a little more cautiously, I could amp up my kdr though.

crazycoffey 11-10-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8094183)
I saw crazy coffey in a couple of my games last night. I'm pretty sure i never saw him get above level 2 LMAO

And i tried getting in with knowmo, kepp, and a couple others but i haven't met up yet.

my k/d sucks so far. Was at 1.4 something over noon hour yesterday then when i played split screen all night it went down to like 1.12... not good. but i just can't help flying into the battles like John Rambo, which results in some awesome series, but also gets me killed alot.

I'm playing all weekend, just got an HDMI cord, man what a difference that makes. I'll be better next time you see me. LOL.

Quesadilla Joe 11-10-2011 02:11 PM

I have a 3.25 KD in TDM and a 2.98 overall. Kill Confirmed and Team Defender killed my KD.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097665)
I've had a lot of success with the smg's in this game thusfar. There are very few maps that an assault rifle is even a viable option on, imo. the sight-lines are just too short. I haven't used a shotty for a primary yet, but I have picked up a couple and they seem pretty fun thusfar in this iteration.

The UMP with 2 attachments was my money maker, but i've kinda been forcing myself to find an Assault rifle that works. I think i'll have to wait until I'm higher level to use a better one and go back to UMP.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8097675)
I have a 3.25 KD in TDM and a 2.98 overall. Kill Confirmed and Team Defender killed my KD.

You were at a 4.4 or so the other day, and i seen yesterday you were at a mid 2. wtf happened? :D

crazycoffey 11-10-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8094395)
Admittedly, I haven't played long, but there doesn't appear to be a sniper map on this one. Sure, you can use snipers, but why would you?

sniper rifles seem pretty decent. I just used it for two games and was popping bitches. I never got into the sniper classes in BO, and never got the hang of "quick scope" but I see this will be a little better. Get a battle buddy or two to watch your 6 and go for it.

crazycoffey 11-10-2011 02:16 PM

KD ratios, = over rated, IMO. shoot move and communicate with your team, win the games.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8097684)
The UMP with 2 attachments was my money maker, but i've kinda been forcing myself to find an Assault rifle that works. I think i'll have to wait until I'm higher level to use a better one and go back to UMP.

Rapid Fire and Suppressor? Pretty beasty. I am starting to feel cheap using it though... hehe. I'll prolly hit weapon level 31 and then remove it completely from my sets.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8097667)
Meh...who cares about k/d. If I only played for that I may as well not play.

It's the overall dying too much that pisses me off. Slow down and take my time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8097670)
I don't think the Spas was cheap at all. I actually respected people who ran around with any shotgun in BLOPS because a rapid fire SMG or a Famas was actually better at close range most of the time.

That's true somewhat. It's a 60-40 split if you come head to head in the shotty's range. Generally you get 1 shot at head to head and if you can't get him dead with that shot you're toast.

That's why i spent 99% of my time flanking those bastards so i can get a side or back shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8097674)
I'm playing all weekend, just got an HDMI cord, man what a difference that makes. I'll be better next time you see me. LOL.

lol. I laughed with my roommate at how many games you played with us but somehow never increased your level all that much. you were pretty quiet.

Quesadilla Joe 11-10-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8097686)
You were at a 4.4 or so the other day, and i seen yesterday you were at a mid 2. wtf happened? :D

Yeah for the first 6 hours I played I was above a 4 KD and then I just started playing way too aggressive and was sprinting too much. My KD never dropped below 2.92 though.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097701)
Rapid Fire and Suppressor? Pretty beasty. I am starting to feel cheap using it though... hehe. I'll prolly hit weapon level 31 and then remove it completely from my sets.

speaking of sets. I used a prestige point and added another set. I really like that option.

Gonna have to go prestige my lvl 50 MW2 account and see if i can get another one.

Mr. Plow 11-10-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097672)
Jesus. I need some pro-tips from Mr. Plow. I'm sure if I slowed down and played a little more cautiously, I could amp up my kdr though.

50% of it is knowing the maps and the flow of it....keep an eye on your mini map too. The other 50% is just shooting them before they shoot you.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8097706)
Yeah for the first 6 hours I played I was above a 4 KD and then I just started playing way too aggressive and was sprinting too much. My KD never dropped below 2.92 though.

yeah that's probably about right. I was braggin you up to a buddy and then i looked at your k/d and was like WTF! haha.

looking at my friends list, almost everyone is below 1 k/d. What a bunch of ****ing n00bs.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8097710)
50% of it is knowing the maps and the flow of it....keep an eye on your mini map too. The other 50% is just shooting them before they shoot you.

Yea, there are times when I kick myself for shitty shooting. I understand the maps and I am pretty good at flanking. I need to improve at head-to-head though. I ramped my sensitivity up to 5 first thing. I'm wondering if it needs to be just a hair lower or if it even matters all that much.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 02:22 PM

One thing i know is that this Quickdraw perk is REALLY powerful. If you meet up without quickdraw chances are you're ****ed.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 02:23 PM

The kill confirmed game modes totally lends itself to my aggressive play style. Although, my KDR is not as good as it could be in that game type because I'm not afraid to martyr myself if I think I can confirm/deny two kills with my one death.

crazycoffey 11-10-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8097702)
lol. I laughed with my roommate at how many games you played with us but somehow never increased your level all that much. you were pretty quiet.

I was laughing too, I just started playing, and was straight getting owned at every turn. I'm in the 20's now and playing hardcore Kill confirmed. Love it....

Mr. Plow 11-10-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8097729)
One thing i know is that this Quickdraw perk is REALLY powerful. If you meet up without quickdraw chances are you're ****ed.

Which means that will be the perk everyone will be bitching about in a month.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8097729)

I agree. Initially I also ran with slight of hand and stalker. I did alright, but I found that once I got two attachments, running with either extreme conditioning or blind-eye was doing me pretty well. Also steady aim rules with the ump to a cheesy degree. I'm just trying to unlock it all in this first go-around. When I prestige, I try to pick a theme for my prestige and stick with it. For example, I started with the Galil in my first BO prestige, then went to the FAMAS for my second, and then went to the FAL for the third.

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8097734)
I was laughing too, I just started playing, and was straight getting owned at every turn. I'm in the 20's now and playing hardcore Kill confirmed. Love it....

how is hardcore in this game? I have yet to try it. I loved it in COD4, but couldn't really get into it in MW2 or BO. I think the maps were just too lengthy and populated with campy sniper types.

Iowanian 11-10-2011 02:32 PM

I'm going to have to slow down and start improving the kd.

I've just been having too much fun running around like a maniac blasting people. Twice in kill confirm I've run up behind and terminated the entire squad. moments like those have been worth all of the "Shit, damn sniper...Shit damn camper...shit spawn camper Moments"

crazycoffey 11-10-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097771)
how is hardcore in this game? I have yet to try it. I loved it in COD4, but couldn't really get into it in MW2 or BO. I think the maps were just too lengthy and populated with campy sniper types.

just started today, you have to be level 19 before you can even join a HC lobby, that's good. maps are a bit smaller, so that's good IMO for HC too, at least for S&D I think it is. S&D timer is shorter, for game and bombs.

The Franchise 11-10-2011 02:38 PM

What did everyone use their prestige tokens on?

Mr. Plow 11-10-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8097790)

Oh yeah....I forgot about those. What can they be used for & how do I use them?

Nightfyre 11-10-2011 02:43 PM

There's an in-game menu.

■Extra Custom Class
■Double XP (two hours in-game time)
■Double Weapon XP
■Regular Package (Callsign Title and Emblem)
■Unlock Gear (Choose one item that's unlocked permanently)
■Hardened Package
■Veteran Package
■Reset All Stats (resets everything, including your Prestige Level)

Can anyone confirm that the extra class is permanent? If I hit max prestige, I would totally buy the reset. Wait does the reset wiep what you've purchased with prestige tokens?

Valiant 11-10-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8097653)
ELITE SERVICE NOTICE
Latest update: November 10th, 7:30AM PST

Since Tuesday’s launch, Modern Warfare 3’s multiplayer has been working great. In fact, the amount of players online is even higher than what it was this time last year for Black Ops. Have fun -- we hope you continue to enjoy MW3 to the fullest.

However, on Call of Duty Elite, we are having trouble scaling the service to meet demand. Many of you are trying to get in and unfortunately, you can’t right now. You’re frustrated, we know it, and we know we need to fix it. Our teams have been working non-stop to identify issues and resolve them as quickly as possible. Again, these issues have no impact on the performance of the game.

We want to share with you what we know at this time and what we are doing:

At launch, our registration and login systems were crushed by gamers trying to enter the Elite site at the same time. We have now fixed the registration and login systems, but we have found that the greater than expected demand is crashing servers. We’re immediately deploying multiple additional servers to beef up the system. We are also going to temporarily limit access to Elite services on both the console applications and website while we build additional capacity and scale. We’ll look to increase access to greater numbers of users as soon as possible.

As more users log into the Elite system, you may find that the wait to get into Elite is longer than you expect. We know how frustrating that is and we appreciate your patience. Many of you are now able to see your player card and stats, but if you don’t see all your recent matches or career summary, don’t worry -- your gameplay data for your entire careers in both Black Ops and MW3 is safely stored, and it will all be available to you once these issues are resolved.

And for our premium members who are Founders, know that granting your status and delivering your in-game benefits in MW3 is a priority. Also, to ensure that every premium member receives their full money’s worth, we are immediately and automatically extending your membership to Call of Duty Elite by 30 days at no additional cost. If you’re still considering becoming a premium member, we’re going to extend Founder eligibility until the end of the month, and you will also receive the additional 30 days of access.

The Call of Duty Elite team will keep you updated at callofduty.com/elitestatus. Continue to check back here for overall Elite status or for a complete list of FAQs, check out our customer service site. We will also give you updates regularly through the official Twitter account, @CallOfDutyElite. Our top priority and sole focus is delivering the best possible service experience to our gamers and we’re sorry we’re off to a rocky start with Elite. We will not rest until Elite delivers the full set of features we promised you. We are committed to Call of Duty Elite for the long haul and are working around the clock to resolve these issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/status

Yeah I still can't log into the founder site as of last night. But my card says it goes active on the 13th.

Valiant 11-10-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097806)
There's an in-game menu.

■Extra Custom Class
■Double Weapon XP
■Hardened Package
■Veteran Package

Can anyone confirm that the extra class is permanent? If I hit max prestige, I would totally buy the reset. Wait does the reset wiep what you've purchased with prestige tokens?

From my understanding, it wipes rverything. And I don't think you need last level. It is highlighted for me now.

My question is, can you collect extra tokens and carry over to next lvl. I have my 2 bonus now if I prestige will it be 3? Don't see any use for them yet. Use em later on when I don't play as often.

As for the 1st 10 lvls. My understanding is unlocks are permanant unless you wipe and start over. But no real response on that from a dev, just forum reading.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097806)
There's an in-game menu.

■Extra Custom Class
■Double Weapon XP
■Hardened Package
■Veteran Package

I used mine on the extra class assuming it was permanent. It damn well better be!

kepp 11-10-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8097710)
... The other 50% is just shooting them before they shoot you.

Well, crap...you guys are just telling me this now?

007 11-10-2011 04:15 PM

So, which is better? BF3 or MW3

Valiant 11-10-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8097979)
So, which is better? BF3 or MW3

Completly different games. One is more arcadey, the other is more methodical unless you are in a vehicle.

Skyy God 11-10-2011 04:46 PM

KnowMo?

Police Say Man Threatened To Bomb Best Buy Because It Didn't Have MW3

http://consumerist.com/2011/11/polic...have-game.html

crazycoffey 11-10-2011 04:46 PM

who's getting on tonight? times?

Iowanian 11-10-2011 04:47 PM

They're both good, but I like mw3 a little better right now. I think I'll play 1 a few days then the other a few days as I become board or want a change.

They are definitely different play, and both frustrating for different reasons.

Iowanian 11-10-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8098041)
who's getting on tonight? times?

I probably will after my meeting which i anticipate will be over around 9.
If possible, I'd like to try to clan up and see what damage we can do as a cp squad.

crazycoffey 11-10-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8098046)
I probably will after my meeting which i anticipate will be over around 9.
If possible, I'd like to try to clan up and see what damage we can do as a cp squad.

I'm down. Going for a little exercise and food, be back shortly for anyone else interested

lcarus 11-10-2011 04:58 PM

If anyone wants my shitty ass on the CP squad, I might be on tonight. I'll be the guy that goes 8-15. Every team has one.

Sofa King 11-10-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8098071)
If anyone wants my shitty ass on the CP squad, I might be on tonight. I'll be the guy that goes 8-15. Every team has one.

You've clearly never been a part of a CP clan. We usually have a few. LMAO

The Franchise 11-10-2011 06:07 PM

I should be on for a while tonight.

crazycoffey 11-10-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8098071)

well, when we play together, our team will have two....

Sofa King 11-10-2011 06:15 PM

I have darts tonight. Which sucks because it looks like alot of you will be on. I'll be around all this weekend and probably some tomorrow. I don't have to work tomorrow.

crazycoffey 11-10-2011 06:40 PM

I tried joining Kepp, but he left.....

-King- 11-10-2011 07:29 PM

Why do people keep saying that the maps are too small? Unless you're comparing them to BF maps, they're not that small.

Valiant 11-10-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8098372)
Why do people keep saying that the maps are too small? Unless you're comparing them to BF maps, they're not that small.

If you google about it on the forums it is tons of people complaining about it compared to BO/MW2.. It is just not a CP phenomenon..

The only thing they have to do is throw in one big map to make everyone happy.. Just one..

-King- 11-10-2011 08:24 PM

Oh...that support class was specially built for me. Just for me. I love it.

Quesadilla Joe 11-10-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8097790)

I still haven't spent them yet. I'm gonna save them until I really know what to unlock. I will probably end up spending it on Double XP during a Double XP weekend so I can get Quadruple XP for a few hours.

Quesadilla Joe 11-10-2011 08:27 PM

Loving the silenced AK47 with the Kick proficiency and Steady Aim. It's not as good at long range as other assault rifles but it is a monster in close/medium range where most of my gunfights happen. Putting Steady Aim on it makes it the most SMG-like assault rifle in the game.

Quesadilla Joe 11-10-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8098372)

People probably mean that the lines of sight are so small. The maps aren't small they are just extremely tight, and most of the gunfights are close range fights. There are zero wide open maps like Afghan,Wasteland, or an Array.

-King- 11-10-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8098500)
People probably mean that the lines of sight are so small. The maps aren't small they are just extremely tight, and most of the gunfights are close range fights. There are zero wide open maps like Afghan,Wasteland, or an Array.

That is true.

Quesadilla Joe 11-10-2011 08:33 PM

This game is so ****ing addicting. I really hope people don't start using Assassin though, that would be the only thing that can ruin this game for me.

-King- 11-10-2011 11:41 PM

Man! Survival mode is fun as hell.

Johnny Vegas 11-10-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8098509)
This game is so ****ing addicting. I really hope people don't start using Assassin though, that would be the only thing that can ruin this game for me.

really? I've come across a few that use it and unless you depend on the HUD it doesn't seem to ruin anything for me. I use Assassin majority of the time now. I can't see how it can ruin it for someone. I use Quick Reload, Assassin and Sit rep majority of the time. I can't stand being shot in the back when UAV's are activated so I use Assassin.

Bump 11-10-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

don't rely solely on the radar, I dont use it anyways, not even with specialist. I find the other perks more useful for my playstyle, which doesn't involve camping.

crazycoffey 11-11-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

I tried it, didn't really see the benefit....
Not worth giving up the quick draw, IMO

Bump 11-11-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8099215)
I tried it, didn't really see the benefit....
Not worth giving up the quick draw, IMO

I never aim down sights, so I use hardline.

crazycoffey 11-11-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8099229)
I never aim down sights, so I use hardline.

I have hardline on one of my classes

Valiant 11-11-2011 12:42 AM

Finally got into elite.. What is the point of a clan in there and leveling it up??

Also.. Have not found any good report.. When do we get the founder titles and emblems for anyone else that got hardened or paid for elite.. Wish they would just say from the developer..

Quesadilla Joe 11-11-2011 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 8099191)
really? I've come across a few that use it and unless you depend on the HUD it doesn't seem to ruin anything for me. I use Assassin majority of the time now. I can't see how it can ruin it for someone. I use Quick Reload, Assassin and Sit rep majority of the time. I can't stand being shot in the back when UAV's are activated so I use Assassin.

Assassin counters the way I play 100%. I am a radar whore and spend most of the game flanking so whenever a UAV is online I am normally sprinting and when an Assassin dude comes out of nowhere he has a huge advantage on me because he is catching me in mid sprint, and when he kills me I'm normally pretty close to getting a pred missile or a chopper.

If you play on a good team you really don't need to worry about UAV's. Me and the dudes I play with always run around with Stinger's on our back and shoot down anything that goes in the air the instant it goes up.

Most people run the Support killstreaks anyways and they ALWAYS run UAV, Airdrop trap (lol for anyone that falls for that), and Advanced UAV. So 99.99% when they play against us they never even get to their third killstreak and all they will call in all game is a single UAV and one Airdrop trap that nobody falls for.

Third Eye 11-11-2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8099271)
Finally got into elite.. What is the point of a clan in there and leveling it up??

Also.. Have not found any good report.. When do we get the founder titles and emblems for anyone else that got hardened or paid for elite.. Wish they would just say from the developer..

On the card in the hardened edition, it says to put the code in after the 13th for founder's stuff.

damaticous 11-11-2011 03:19 AM

ghey! hax already. sheesh!

kepp 11-11-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8096843)
Finally found a class i liked.

Barrett with an ACOG sight. That bitch is nice. You can pick of people 1 shot from across the map, blast em when they're close, and it has a huge clip and fires super fast.

With assassin etc.. you won't be seen. I've laid down and had people run right over the top of me.

So I tried this last night...lots of fun. I had one guy stand ON TOP of me and he had no idea I was there. That was an easy kill. I also tried it with the silencer and could not get any one shot kills. Does the silencer really kill the sniper rifles that much?

kepp 11-11-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 8098288)
I tried joining Kepp, but he left.....

I didn't see you. I kept getting those connection errors again last night. Is anyone else having problems?

-King- 11-11-2011 08:03 AM

The sam turret is a beast. Enemy uavs last like 5 second before it shoots them down.
Posted via Mobile Device

Valiant 11-11-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8099411)
The sam turret is a beast. Enemy uavs last like 5 second before it shoots them down.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do any of the other launchers have more then one rocket? Or do I have t use scav when I get it and kill somebody with a launcher. Most games I am the only person shooting or attempting to bring them down.

Most these ****s just run around as chopper fodder and never attempt to bring it down.

-King- 11-11-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8099538)
Do any of the other launchers have more then one rocket? Or do I have t use scav when I get it and kill somebody with a launcher. Most games I am the only person shooting or attempting to bring them down.

Most these ****s just run around as chopper fodder and never attempt to bring it down.

I haven't unlocked any other than the smaw yet. The stinger should have 2 for sure though.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 11-11-2011 10:05 AM

Totally different feel than BOPs. It'll take some getting used to....especially since I never played MW2.