ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Blackout Arrowhead: Nov 18 vs Bengals - Reserve Your Gear Today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265617)

007 11-05-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9087535)
I agree.

My dad hates Pioli as much as anyone on this board. He also served in the military for 30 years. He is not a big fan of the black-out on military appreciation day. He gets it...but feels there are other ways to get our point across.

Why does it bother him? I've read several people from the military posting on how they approve of the blackout.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-05-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9087563)
Why does it bother him? I've read several people from the military posting on how they approve of the blackout.

I ask him and he just isn't sure...I don't know if it is Black=death or something like that. It's something I can't really tell him to get over. He spent the 30 years in it...I didn't so I really just leave it be. Again, he is a season ticket holder and wants Pioli gone too. He just isn't big on the blackout... A day of appreciation should not look like a day of mourning I guess....?

bevischief 11-05-2012 04:33 PM

They called me back today around lunch time. It's on it's way.

Old Dog 11-05-2012 04:34 PM

I called in after the jarhead had his say....had to do a bit of deep breathing to do it without yelling, but hopefully I didn't come off as a complete assclown.
Did my 23 years on active duty and half a dozen deployments, I'll wear what I damn well please......and for his info the Army colors are BLACK and gold

007 11-05-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9087578)
I ask him and he just isn't sure...I don't know if it is Black=death or something like that. It's something I can't really tell him to get over. He spent the 30 years in it...I didn't so I really just leave it be. Again, he is a season ticket holder and wants Pioli gone too. He just isn't big on the blackout... A day of appreciation should not look like a day of mourning I guess....?

This is the first time I have even heard of a military member not liking it is all. I definitely respect his opinion on it though. I hope he understands that it has nothing to do with the military in this case and the military ALWAYS gets tons of love from Chiefs fans. hell, it will probably be the loudest we cheer for the entire game. Just like the Marine silent drill was the highlight of the raider game.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-05-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9087578)

That's the first reasonable response I've seen to the whole thing. I can understand that last statement. That said, the Chiefs should show more appreciation than having the damn game staged as a funeral. And it is. I'm sorry, but it's like going to a ****ing funeral there. One of those awkward ones where you feel like more people should show up, but they don't. It's ****ed. 50 years in Kansas City. Together is powerful. While I truly am sorry your Father feels that way, I really hope the city comes together and shows Clark Hunt that Together truly is powerful.

KCUnited 11-05-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9087588)
I called in after the jarhead had his say....had to do a bit of deep breathing to do it without yelling, but hopefully I didn't come off as a complete assclown.
Did my 23 years on active duty and half a dozen deployments, I'll wear what I damn well please......and for his info the Army colors are BLACK and gold

I heard you, good call, you got the SOC shout out and validated your take by saying you we're going wearing black.

BourbonMan 11-05-2012 09:40 PM

So, because I am wearing Black to the Game and it happens to fall on the day that we show our appreciation for the Military, I am going to be viewed as a hater for it.
So, if I wear purple, orange, blue, maybe a rainbow shirt..anything other than Black, it will be OK?
This is effing stupid:mad::mad:
What if it's very cold, and I am wearing my Black/Brown Carharts and Black/Brown Coat..am I still going to be viewed as a Hater towards the Military. FYI...I SERVED IN THE MILITARY TOO..ARMY!!!

fire_egoli 11-07-2012 12:12 AM

just stfu and wear black. solves that

spanky 52 11-08-2012 05:32 AM

I'm a Vietnam era veteran. I'll be there with my adult son, both of us wearing black. If somebody has a problem with it, **** em.

pr_capone 11-08-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky 52 (Post 9097762)
I'm a Vietnam era veteran. I'll be there with my adult son, both of us wearing black. If somebody has a problem with it, **** em.

:clap:

Hammock Parties 11-09-2012 08:28 AM

http://i.imgur.com/agd24.jpg

bevischief 11-09-2012 08:43 AM

Got my hoodie last night and wearing it today along with my "Dammit Carl" t-shirt.

Old Dog 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

Nice job on 610 by Marty

SuperChief 11-09-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9100920)
Nice job on 610 by Marty

This x1000. Maybe Marty should lead this ****wad of a team to glory.