ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Wiz v Man U (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231070)

irishjayhawk 07-24-2010 11:35 PM

Wiz v Man U

Sorry if there's another thread on it. It's 1230am so I don't care to search.

Anyhow, anyone going tomorrow?

Silock 07-24-2010 11:58 PM

**** United.

Dave Lane 07-25-2010 08:25 AM

**** soccer

It's for girls

Reaper16 07-25-2010 11:16 AM

I'm not going but I will be watching it on TV. 5pm, Fox Soccer Channel.

kcfanXIII 07-25-2010 11:20 AM

or for those of us without fox soccer channel, here's a live stream:

http://www.freelivesportstv.com/socc...2010-1800-est/

Mojo Jojo 07-25-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 6897037)
**** soccer

It's for girls

And most girl/female soccer players would kick your ass.

kcfanXIII 07-25-2010 11:43 AM

you know i've never understood why so many americans, not only dislike soccer, but actually hate it to the point where if you were having a conversation with someone about it, someone will cut in and say how much they hate it or call the players pussies. i get it, you don't like the sport.... move the **** along, jeez....

Titty Meat 07-25-2010 11:47 AM

Dave did you get my PM?

Baby Lee 07-25-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 6897309)
you know i've never understood why so many americans, not only dislike soccer, but actually hate it to the point where if you were having a conversation with someone about it, someone will cut in and say how much they hate it or call the players pussies. i get it, you don't like the sport.... move the **** along, jeez....

Evidently there's this massive effort to evangelize soccer to many unreceptive citizens. In their ear 24/7 touting it, and calling all who disagree unsophisticated and stupid.

Your perception of reality may [likely] vary.

milkman 07-25-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 6897309)

Listen closely.

I'm only going to say this once.

I don't hate soccer.
I'm not a fan, but I don't hate it.

I actually respect the athletic ability and the physical demands of the sport.

But the reason that people do this is because soccer fan gets butthurt easier than any fan of any sport, and it's funny to watch.

gblowfish 07-25-2010 12:24 PM

Let's Go Wiz!

Baby Lee 07-25-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6897365)
Listen closely.

I don't hate soccer.

But the reason that people do this is because soccer fan gets butthurt easier than any fan of any sport, and it's funny to watch.

What?

kcfanXIII 07-25-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6897362)
Evidently there's this massive effort to evangelize soccer to many unreceptive citizens. In their ear 24/7 touting it, and calling all who disagree unsophisticated and stupid.

Your perception of reality may [likely] vary.

well i can understand that. i wouldn't judge anyone based on what sport they enjoy, some just can't get into it.

Quote:

Listen closely.

I don't hate soccer.

don't get me wrong dude, i'm not a huge soccer fan and don't mistake my comment for being butthurt. its just interesting to watch the two sides argue about it.

Mojo Jojo 07-25-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Except for KU basketball fans....in their eyes they have never lost a game...victories have only been unfairly taken away from them. No basketball team is greater than KU and when KU doesn't win...it shouldn't count.

milkman 07-25-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6897382)
What?

It's a broad generalization.

Not every fan is that way, but generally it's true about most fans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 6897398)
Except for KU basketball fans....in their eyes they have never lost a game...victories have only been unfairly taken away from them. No basketball team is greater than KU and when KU doesn't win...it shouldn't count.

I'm talking about a sport.

You're talking about a specific team.