ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals There’s no room on the Kansas City Royals bandwagon for St. Louis Cardinals fans. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287597)

Rausch 10-19-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 11027326)
Royal fans that can't take a little hazing.

Don't care...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-S2LcC7pvrH...nning-Rant.jpg

bdj23 10-19-2014 12:23 PM

Tl;dr

Hope you guys win it all.

I'm still wearing my Cardinals cap.

SAUTO 10-19-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11027341)
Good-natured ribbing is part of being a sports fan. Get over it.

Everyone has dealt with that.

It's the way the smug condescending cards fans do it...

It's insulting.

Katipan 10-19-2014 12:26 PM

I have a KC tattoo I used to show for tips.
I hope you people don't feel too used.

O.city 10-19-2014 12:32 PM

As a Cards fan who follows the royals, mostly due to you guys on here and that I like y all so much, I hope you guys win it.I'm not going out of my way cheering the Royals on, but I love watching great baseball. And you guys are playing great right now

But in terms of the article, imho, the writer doesn't need to cheapen this experience by bringing in Cards and their fans. **** them, enjoy this as a royals fan. Who gives a damn about the cards and their fans.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-19-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11027189)
It doesn't have to be from shit. Frats or college guys?

Maybe they were twenty years ago, but my daughters teacher is about fifty.

Talking shit to a nine year old... I told her that first night to tell him to try and have that conversation with her dad the next time he brought it up...

Given how often you seem to want to fight people for the most pointless of reasons, it's a miracle you aren't in jail or dead. Chill the **** out, dude.

Rausch 10-19-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11027364)
I have a KC tattoo I used to show for tips.
I hope you people don't feel too used.

You're a Chuck Palahniuk character if I've ever seen one...

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-19-2014 12:42 PM

If I were a Royals fan I'd be far more upset by all the Johnny-come-lately mother****ers who act like they are finally getting redemption for all their suffering.

This board is a good example of it, TBH. There are dozens of posters who've populated the Royals threads here for years, and those guys deserve every ounce of success the team has had. The other "fans", though, are completely detestable.

They aren't much different than the family member who was never seen, yet tries to become a hanger-on once someone has made the big time.

Reaper16 10-19-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11027434)
If I were a Royals fan I'd be far more upset by all the Johnny-come-lately mother****ers who act like they are finally getting redemption for all their suffering.

This board is a good example of it, TBH. There are dozens of posters who've populated the Royals threads here for years, and those guys deserve every ounce of success the team has had. The other "fans", though, are completely detestable.

They aren't much different than the family member who was never seen, yet tries to become a hanger-on once someone has made the big time.

They are assholes too, but at least they're OUR assholes.

Chief Roundup 10-19-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11027339)
Dude this is something that has happened for years, not just this season.

Cards fans are still crying about game six 1985. They still try to downplay our only world series win ever instead of just letting us enjoy it.

Royals fans don't deserve any hazing from other teams fans, our team had hazed us for ****ing years .

Oh and you love every team that has beaten the Chiefs in the playoffs and have forgotten every loss by a call made by a ref against the Chiefs?

How is it another teams fans fault that you continue to be a fan of a team that makes you feel that way? That is between you and your team. It has nothing to do with talking smack to an opponent or rival fan. You don't deserve a "break" just because your choice of a favorite team has sucked.

Reaper16 10-19-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 11027326)
Royal fans that can't take a little hazing. Some of these guys that think Cardinal fans or any other teams fans that have talked smack to them are being mean to them are probably the same fans that thought what that Chiefs fan did to that Patriots fan in Arrowhead was great.

I was embarrassed by that video of the Chiefs fan air humping at the Patriots fan's head. I'm frequently sad to hear about some of the behavior around Arrowhead the lately.

Quote:

Good-natured ribbing, yes, Bad-natured ribbing ought not be a constant part of it. And especially not if you're a kid being "ribbed" by an adult.

Chief Roundup 10-19-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

This^

Reaper16 10-19-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 11027457)
Oh and you love every team that has beaten the Chiefs in the playoffs and have forgotten every loss by a call made by a ref against the Chiefs?

How is it another teams fans fault that you continue to be a fan of a team that makes you feel that way? That is between you and your team. It has nothing to do with talking smack to an opponent or rival fan. You don't deserve a "break" just because your choice of a favorite team has sucked.

That doesn't even make sense.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-19-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 11027456)
They are assholes too, but at least they're OUR assholes.

They're no one's assholes. They exist only for their own edification and to spew disingenuous bullshit before they hop onto the next bandwagon.

They're sports sophists and should be liquidated as though they were Timorese.

Chief Roundup 10-19-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 11027465)
That doesn't even make sense.

How is that? Care to be a little more specific?