ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Amber Alert in Springfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281569)

Bugeater 02-19-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10440975)
I received either 2 or 3 alerts. Each alert took around 10 seconds out of my busy day.

Now I agree that the sending of alerts could certainly be overdone. I sure as hell wouldn't want to see an alert every time there's a parental dispute and the non-custodial parent runs off with his or her own child.

This was an entirely different situation. Sorry if it interrupted your favorite television show. And it's a real shame that King had to look at his phone a couple of times.

**** off, jackass.

oldandslow 02-19-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10440988)
**** off, jackass.

Why...because he is right and you are ...well, whatever you are.

Why Not? 02-19-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10440984)
who knows how it all went down, but if you are sitting in your garage and some freak grabs a kid in front of your house and takes off, aren't you driving after the SOB while the wife calls 911? If guy runs red lights and shit to get away from you, he's gonna get caught before he kills the girl. I'd feel pretty shitty if all I did was call 911 and found out about this.

My thoughts exactly

Lex Luthor 02-19-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10440980)
Probably already been said but probably shot for TPing a house.

Political commentary and attempts at humor are fine in most threads. I think I'd refrain from both in a thread about the murder of a 10 year old girl who is a family member of a regular poster here.

Fish 02-19-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10440984)
who knows how it all went down, but if you are sitting in your garage and some freak grabs a kid in front of your house and takes off, aren't you driving after the SOB while the wife calls 911? If guy runs red lights and shit to get away from you, he's gonna get caught before he kills the girl. I'd feel pretty shitty if all I did was call 911 and found out about this.

Yeah, that struck me as really odd too.

greatgooglymoogly 02-19-2014 09:44 AM

SIAP: http://www.ky3.com/news/local/breaki...48998_24555750

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -
Police worked a crime scene all night at 1538 E. Stanford St. as they investigated the kidnapping and murder of 10-year-old Hailey Owens. She was taken from the 3200 block of West Lombard Street as she walked from a friend's home to her home two blocks away late Tuesday afternoon.

At a news conference at 6:30 a.m., police would not confirm that they found Hailey's body but multiple news agencies report that fact, including that the family was told of her death. Early Wednesday morning, police parked a mobile Crime Scene vehicle at the home on Stanford. FBI agents are also at the scene.

Police arrested Craig Michael Wood on suspicion of first-degree murder. Police located Wood about 8:30 p.m. in his vehicle in his driveway at 1538 E. Stanford, where he lives. A search for Hailey then started in the area around Bennett Street at National Avenue, near Phelps Grove Park, the Springfield Art Museum and Mexican Villa restaurant. About 35 police officers were involved in the search, which resulted in the discovery of evidence of foul play in the case.

Wood is an in-school suspension teacher at Pleasant View Middle School.

Bugeater 02-19-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 10440995)
Why...because he is right and you are ...well, whatever you are.

Because I live in reality and the rest of you live in some fantasy ****ing world? That's fine by me.

TLO 02-19-2014 09:44 AM

-King- 02-19-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10440794)
If my son is ever abducted, I hope they send text messages to everyone every 30 seconds for run a continuous loop on everyone's television with the loud ass siren. I hope it annoys everyone to the point there are angry mobs in the streets looking for the abductor just to stop the messages.

What's more likely to happen? People get annoyed to the point they actually take action and go out and look for the abductor, or people get annoyed to the point they opt out of all future amber alerts?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater 02-19-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10441006)
What's more likely to happen? People get annoyed to the point they actually take action and go out and look for the abductor, or people get annoyed to the point they opt out of all future amber alerts?
Posted via Mobile Device

Give it up man, it's an exercise in futility around here.

Why Not? 02-19-2014 09:46 AM

I'm sure there's a time to debate the efficiency and technique of Amber Alerts. I'm also sure that time is not on a thread chock full of parents and even the uncle(so sorry man)of a child that just got killed. Use a smidge of common decency sense.

oldandslow 02-19-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10441003)
Because I live in reality and the rest of you live in some fantasy ****ing world? That's fine by me.

and what reality is that....Amber Alerts can save lives...that it takes 30 seconds of your day is really of no consequence to me.

-King- 02-19-2014 09:50 AM

http://i.imgur.com/UYWqVd1.jpg

Now keep in mind I deleted 1 or two of them in that time period.
Posted via Mobile Device

booger 02-19-2014 09:55 AM

I can't even begin to fathom the feeling MTG...my thoughts are with you and the family

TLO 02-19-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10440931)
Hailey is my niece. Words cannot describe what I want to do tho this piece of shit right now.

Prayers sent for Hailey, you, and your family.