ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What college coaches or NFL coaches are available for Chiefs HC job? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264521)

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8967996)
Sometimes we pay too much attention to X's and O's. Really what you're looking for are guys who know how to motivate a team. Rex Ryan is a classic example. Unbelievable with X's and O's. Terrible motivator. Mike McCarthy and John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin -- pretty average track records before head coaching. They're all terrific coaches.

I don't Tomlin is terrific, at all. Most Steelers fans would agree.

McCarthy's done it all, from college to positional coaching to coordinator to head coach. His record was certainly better than "average". The Harbaughs come from a coaching lineage and I don't think anything about Jim or John screams "average".

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 05:28 PM

Tom Cable

chiefzilla1501 10-01-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8967994)
I know. That's ****ing tragic. Embarrassing. Apparently no one wants to work with Pioli, and as we saw in 2009, Pioli doesn't know jack shit about the college game anyway - when it was supposedly his specialty in New England.

Well, that shouldn't be his job. A guy like Emery and Dimitroff is really, really important. Pioli doesn't have time to individually scout players. He needs a guy underneath him to do all the in-depth scouting and give Pioli the sound bytes. This is a pretty big miss not to have a guy like Emery and you can't help but wonder why it's vacant.

acesn8s 10-01-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8968001)
Lane Kiffen

NO

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8968005)
Tom Cable

I'd hire him just to sucker punch Cassel.

RealSNR 10-01-2012 05:32 PM

Who are some GM candidates who have been involved in ALL aspects of the scouting process at one point? I'd like to see a guy in here who has coached at the collegiate level, done a bit of grunt scout work in the pros, has been in environments where he's seen/gotten tips on contract negotiation, and who has been in a variety of different environments in a variety of different systems.

In other words, the polar opposite of Pioli.

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 05:33 PM

Tom Cable will bring toughness

How bout Hue Jackson

DaWolf 10-01-2012 05:42 PM

Is there a third Harbaugh brother?

RealSNR 10-01-2012 05:42 PM

You guys will probably hate these suggestions, but what about some dark horse guys who have bounced around the league as head coaches formerly, but just kind of got bad breaks wherever they went? There was this huge push to bring in Al Saunders after Vermeil, but it wasn't like Al's former HC experience was worth an ounce of squirrel shit. What about some of these guys as our next HC?

Dom Capers
Mike Tice
Cam Cameron
Perry Fewell
Jim Haslett
Mike Nolan

Just some ideas people aren't considering. I'm not married to any of them.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8968033)
You guys will probably hate these suggestions, but what about some dark horse guys who have bounced around the league as head coaches formerly, but just kind of got bad breaks wherever they went? There was this huge push to bring in Al Saunders after Vermeil, but it wasn't like Al's former HC experience was worth an ounce of squirrel shit. What about some of these guys as our next HC?

Dom Capers
Mike Tice
Cam Cameron
Perry Fewell
Jim Haslett
Mike Nolan

No thanks

chiefzilla1501 10-01-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8968002)
I don't Tomlin is terrific, at all. Most Steelers fans would agree.

McCarthy's done it all, from college to positional coaching to coordinator to head coach. His record was certainly better than "average". The Harbaughs come from a coaching lineage and I don't think anything about Jim or John screams "average".

I know what you're saying. My point is that we often obsess about coaches/coordinators from Super Bowl teams or dynasties, or retreads. Harbaugh was a special teams coach. McCarthy was coordinator for two pretty average offenses in SF/New Orleans. You don't have to coach an all-world offense or defense to be a very good head coach. These days, I think it's a hell of a lot more about your ability to motivate, teach, and discipline players than it is about X's and O's.

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 05:45 PM

Jesus Christ?

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8968033)

Dom Capers
Mike Tice
Cam Cameron
Perry Fewell
Jim Haslett
Mike Nolan

Personally, I don't like any of them. Dom Capers has had multiple chances and failed. Tice is a moron. Cam Cameron not only failed in Miami (1-15) he failed at Indiana.

Haslett's a nut, Nolan is incapable of running a team, which leaves Fewell. Quite honestly, there's nothing on his resume that says "Head Coach" to me.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 05:57 PM

GM Marc Ross

HC- Rob Chudzinski or Mike McCoy

OC/O-line coach- Bill Callahan

DC- Todd Bowles

Quesadilla Joe 10-01-2012 05:57 PM

Del Rio would be a good HC for you guys. He has always let his coordinators call their own plays and the players respect him because he played in the league.